Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Argardh: Knights of Tibia (An 8.6 Tibia-server/Game. OPEN-SOURCE, low-req, Great PvP, Epic Lore!)

UbradolUbradol Member UncommonPosts: 45
Hello alles

Argardh: Knights of Tibia Trailer

Want to introduce my own game i've made of Open-source material mostly from Otland.net but also the Open-Tibia community in general. The map, the world and its history and lore however - is a creation of my own.

5000 hours or more have been put into this project so far and more will come, the game/map is 90% ready and it's about 6 months until Game-release..

It is currently in "Closed Beta" but anyone can Download the client and login to play.

23 July -16 Aug is Beta 2.0

Open-Beta Launches on 23 August(!!)

For Tibia-players the starting date is as important as anything, if you're a Tibian you know why(everyone competes like crazy for first levels, first to kill a dragon, claiming castles, guildhalls and houses etc).

Anyways, here's a short video-trailer.. just first version :) Subscribe my youtubechannel or facebook page if you want to be updated!

https://www.facebook.com/Argardh/

Websites:

www.Argardh.com (Fan/Community/Information site)
www.Argardh.info (Server info, and the adress you connect to)

I'll get back with screenshots tomorrow!

Be well!

www.Argardh.com F2P, Open-source with low-req/graphic MMORPG launching Open-Beta on 23rd August. Based on Tibia 8.6
Follow us: www.facebook.com/Argardh Youtube-channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmxHWGpO790r-4wn4AEeSA

Comments

• UbradolUbradol Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Videos from original game:

www.Argardh.com F2P, Open-source with low-req/graphic MMORPG launching Open-Beta on 23rd August. Based on Tibia 8.6
    Follow us: www.facebook.com/Argardh Youtube-channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmxHWGpO790r-4wn4AEeSA

edited June 2016
    GUILDWARS!

This is an earlier version where graphic is of a much lower standard.

PvP is best explained like a high-speed game of Chess between either 1v1 or 50v50...

The Realm of Argardh

Biggest custom Open-Tibia map ever built with a complete and massive follow-up to the Tibia-lore and story.

Training my Paladin... Training(AFK or with Bots normally) is a huge part of Argardh. Guilds will have to work together to protect their training-areas or will be victims to raids from competing guilds. Guilds will also have to ally with neighbours so that they can bring peace and prosperity to their common Regionn.

The skills together with experience points(lvl) is what makes a characters strength. There are 8 different vocations each with their own unique playing-style and place in Guild-pvp/Team-battles.

Fishing, shielding or magic level - you advance it the same way - By using/doing it.

Experience points are earned by slaying monsters or sometimes completing quests.

Stamina is a bonus for Casual Players(Which is GREAT!). 2 hours a day you have x2 Experience points earned which means the casual player/roleplayer/non-powergame now have a much better chance at keeping up.

Also, on Argardh:Knights of Tibia there is a max-level of 100.

The super-simple equipment and inventory system. And an awesome one!

The 'Soul:100' means Soulpoints and is needed to burn runes. This feature is taken away so that mages can burn runes without limits.

Cap: = Carry Capacity

Then there are 6 different combat-modes,
     Offensive, Off/def and Defensive.

Aswell as Follow, Stand still, Keep away.

Argardh:Knights of Tibia Youtube-Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmxHWGpO790r-4wn4AEeSA

Subscribe to Argardh:Knights of Tibia at Minds.com !

https://www.minds.com/Argardh

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Looks interesting. Video link don't work. It's not 3D so a lot will disregard the post and all but keep plugging at it.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
    ArChWind said:
    Looks interesting. Video link don't work. It's not 3D so a lot will disregard the post and all but keep plugging at it.

Thanks, umm just link to the YT-channel so np.

Yeah the simple graphics will scare away a lot of people, but also, it makes a lot of people interested ::pleased:

This pic is taken from the Map Editor so zoomed out alot but.. ain't that graphic awesome for RPG and perfectly simple for PvP? In my mind, without a doubt a game/type that will always have a huge fanbase(and probably growing from existing one since creators of original game have been so bad at promoting it)

• omera51omera51 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Eyo

• GaendricGaendric Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Ubradol said:

Yeah the simple graphics will scare away a lot of people, but also, it makes a lot of people interested ::pleased:

Simple graphics can be a good thing, I fully agree.
    Especially for a lower budget title, where I'd rather have a dev who knows how to set the scope correctly than one that aims beyond the stars and fails.

The critique I have is that some areas shown in the vids need more visual clarity.
    Especially some of the keep areas, where towers and ground blend together to a grey mush. No biggie though, could be solved with simple things like fake directional lighting or a bit of surface tinting.
    Even just subtle changes in the tileset could make it read much more clearly.

I really like the direction you are heading, I'll surely play once you release.

01.jpg 124.9K
    Ah yes, definately. Some of those pictures/areas are not 100% finished. I hasted to finish the video to get it out... sort of put 2-3 videos into 1. Making a Gameplay trailer atm though so soon you'll see a lot more in-game stuff. But yeah anyways, otherwise you're spot on :open_mouth: One of the weak-points of this engine and graphics is that it's easily gives the "too gray" feeling, BUT, in-game its much better than this. These pics are very outzoomed as said so in-game it won't be the same blur at all.

Thanks for showed interest! Hope you stick around because it will be a great adventure for sure :)

Most likely it will be too many players on the startups(many players of this game only play for the first weeks/months on a server, when the competition is highest), server will be DDoSed and what not(from other servers/hosts, a very common thing unfortunately) but except from those foreseeable roadbumps Argardh looks to have a pretty good future atm :)

Open-Beta(1st) launching in a week.. check out:

https://otland.net/threads/sweden-argardh-knights-of-tibia-8-6-custom-map-24-july-huge-map-new-lore-new-gameplay.244654/#post-2378459

for latest updates and to get an idea of how huge and alive the community of Open-Tibia is.. sadly it's like a closed off box from reality and all other MMORPG fans and players since all other servers are only competing for the existing players(as mentioned)..

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    It sounds really awesome, and I always liked Tibia. Not sure how I feel about allowing bots though, Tibia had (has?) a huge problem with botting. If I recall they did a mass banning at one point, but this would have been quite some time ago. Most MMO companies disallow botting for a reason, and a lot of people don't actually even like playing MMOs (or games in general) that allow bots.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

edited July 2016
    Thanks for input and letting me adress a very important topic!

What caused bots to absolutely overflow in Tibia was the implementation of skullsytem(which means that if you attack another player without a cause you will get a "White skull" and other players can kill you without being skulled themself.. 5 white-skulls and you get a red skull, which means you lose all items upon death. This lead to ALL players swarming anyone no matter who it was that ever got a white skull).

Argardh is not going to use a skullsystem, which means people will be able to kill off bots 10x easier than on original Tibia.

Other than that I can only agree, but its allowed partly because it will be less of a problem without the skullsystem but also because it is impossible to fight botting.. only thing that happens is that 1-10% of botters will get punished. So, to be fair to all - it is allowed.

edited August 2016
    I made a new video explaining the vocations/classes(Slow video mixed with fantasy-art, probably nobody here interested :P )

Just came to say that Open Beta is still on for 23rd, and in order to promote the game further I have decided the following:

50$ will be paid out every month to highest lvl (Start 1 sep, 1 week after launch)
    50$ will be paid out to the winning team of our 5v5 Team-Tournament(Monthly)

500$ will be paid out to the winning team of a 1 week tournament in December. Basically the idea of this is that we reset the servers when Open-Beta ends on 1st dec, and on the 10th we start the servers up again but this time with very high-rates(10-100 x normal gain of experience, skills, loot etc). After 1 week of build-up we hold a tournament in the arena, on a 50x50 tiles battlefield. A team consist of 5 characters. If there's many
    teams we will have some 5v5v5v5 battles to make sure the tournament goes faster.

If there's some of you interested in Argardh but is hesitating because of its beta-state or just because its a lameass fucking game compared to 3d MMORPGS(faggots! ;) ), maybe you should write down or try to remember this December-event instead. It's as said 1 week of hardcore gaming(if you come from MMORPG solo into this game you will need some guild-skills(socializing) and be stocked up on supplies(caffeine, snacks), 400$ to the winning team and 50$ to 2nd and 3rd teams.

I know this might seem as a lameass fucking promo-thread, and, it is :) It's a single-dev project with little funds, simple-graphics etc.. but it's without a doubt a kickass PVP and RPG-game and the map, gameplay and settings which make Argardh unique to other Tibia/OT-servers is also, in my utmost humble opinion(lol), also pretty kickass. If you like hardcore PvP or RPG but don't have a need for 3d graphics or 10,000 players - this is the game for you. But as said, coming from outside OT-community you'd need to either bring a friend or ask to join a party/guild(there's community-leader lead guilds, so that won't be a problem!).

As said, this is lameass shit for most of you but for a tiny few i'm certain this is a wet dream. 100% free, no donation-options(you can not possibly pay to get advantage in-game) and option to either compete with both solo and guild-pvp but also explore a vast world and just roleplay-around. It's also a great opportunity for people who likes community-building or guilds in general, there's tons of open spots as: community-manager, game-master, developer(web? scripter?) etc.

If you want to try already now just go to Argardh.com and download the game! And then to Argardh.info to register an account and create a character. The server will be on for 3-4 more days with high-rates(super-easy-mode) then we close down until 23rd.

If you haven't read the top posts or this bloody wall of text, just go to: argardh.com  (updated today) , or don't.

Edit: btw, botting will no longer be "legal". Only for burning runes, training, etc. Not for hunting nor in PvP!