Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Videos: June 2016 Early Gameplay Stream

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2016 in Videos Discussion

Read the full story here

**The footage seen is taken from an early pre-alpha build of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. All art and animations should be considered placeholder.** *Click Show More for highlights* The Visionary Realms team is at it again, this time with two hours of unedited gameplay. Joined by Who's Gaming Now the team ventures forth to Black Dagger Keep and into the dark Caves of Halnir. This video highlights the perception system, dynamic player torches and a whole lot more.

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• CavemanBECavemanBE Member UncommonPosts: 78
    2016?
  • Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    edited June 2016
    I like the direction, specifically the exploration aspects of the game. This is forming up well at being a traditional hybrid mmo that a lot of people will enjoy. Keep chipping away !
    Post edited by Doug_B on
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    edited June 2016
    Well, this allays my fears about fast paced combat :) Plenty of opportunity to fix mistakes, make decisions and preparations. I am a bit concerned that there is too much focus on resource management to the point of not being fun. Sitting down after combat to regen is one thing, being forced to sit down during combat is something I detested in EQ as a caster and healer. This mechanic forces full time camping with inefficient allowances for dungeon crawling or any other type of wandering game play.
    Post edited by Vorthanion on

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Nope I like resources management especially once everyone knows there roll without having to ask. This goes back to when everyone had to learn there class instead of everyone being able to do everything. 

This is why this will be a niche game and be a shock to modern day mmo players who haven't come across this type of mmo before. 

At last we can actually go back to having to think about how we approach different situations in a mmo.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Looks like it has a nice "EQ" feel to it. I can not wait to see what the actual character models and animations are going to look like.
  • SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Like the direction they are taking.....Solid Class system with good pve mechanics. Lets hope they add some intresting boss fights and get that european server up before launch.

Too many mmo's lately are concentrating on twitch fast paced combat with a one class can do all system...its good to see the value of grouping making a return along with combat you can actually take time to plan, strategize, and enjoy.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Anyone else get the feels again? I can't wait to play that mes. Been honestly aching for real CCing instead of this non-stop stomp your face mess that mmorpgs have become. Sleep/root/etc to win, I miss those days.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited June 2016
    When I looked at the stream combat looked awfully boring, so awfully static. Then I decided to take a look at how early group combat looked in games I have enjoyed in the past and it looked equally dull and boring. Watching a clicker playing the game certainly made this one look even less exciting. The problem is that I never really looked at how gameplay looked on the screen, I just had fun playing them. 

I hope they make sure that healer mechanics are solid and that they give them some nice tricks and alternative approaches instead of forcing healers to just cast spells with long casting time.
    Post edited by Shaigh on
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Sure it doesn't have to be fast paced. But it doesn't need to look like they'll all drunk and taking 20 minutes to decide what they're going to do. It moves like Resident Evil 1.

Getting too old for this $&17!