Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Upcoming Indie MMO - TheHiveLeader - Forsaken Legends

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageNew Upcoming Indie MMO - TheHiveLeader - Forsaken Legends

TheHiveLeader wants you to know about Forsaken Legends, the upcoming indie MMO from Holy Fire Games!

Read the full story here

Comments

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    The site might not work yet, but at least we got a HiveLeader video :)
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Nice find hivey and as always : hilariously informative :D.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    looks good...but do we really love Voxels :)
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

Mitara said:

The site might not work yet, but at least we got a HiveLeader video :)

Woot!

Looks/sounds really promising.

Thanks Hive gonna check this out and ,as always, great Vid :)
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited June 2016
    This game definitely has promise. I backed the $30 package a while ago and think if they get enough money and hopefully more people they can really do some great stuff with this.

Worth noting that all they have right now was not only done with only 3 people (only 2 of which are actually Devs if I understand it correctly), but they've only been working on it since October 2015. That's only 8 months of development to get a working Alpha client with a number of systems in place at a base level.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    for me the game would not work out.

I dont like the art style, I dont like 3rd person view (but sometimes (rarely) make exceptions), I dont like hovering status/help/whatDoIDo bars over peoples heads and enviroment. all together the screen I saw was a deal breaker

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited June 2016
    After his TSW video I mostly watch Peon on the same level as Conan's Clueless gamer series :lol:

As for the game itself, I'm kind of agree with Sean above, it's not for me. For the building mood there's already Landmark (though I admit I haven't checked it since launch... wasn't in the building mood :wink: ) and for all the other times I prefer story and lore and roleplay.

Still, a cool video HL, and while not yelling just whispering, I think it's time for a new "Dream mmo" video :waving:
    Torval said:
    Someone is not a One Piece fan I take it.

I've seen a little bit about this game and will keep an eye open. These kinds of games have a lot of great ideas that seem to get all tied up in pvp. Which is okay if you're into pee vee pee. I'm not.
    That's not true at all. If you look at the game, the world is divided into quadrants - regular PvE, hardcore PvE, regular PvP, and hardcore PvP. Content will differ depending on where in the world you are, so if you want to avoid PvP and only PvE then go to the PvE parts of the world. They have a lot of PvE content planned. 
    SEANMCAD said:
    for me the game would not work out.

I dont like the art style, I dont like 3rd person view (but sometimes (rarely) make exceptions), I dont like hovering status/help/whatDoIDo bars over peoples heads and enviroment. all together the screen I saw was a deal breaker
    You just described 95% of the MMORPG's out there. Why are you on this website?
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    Lazy Peon did a video of it about a month ago

Peon pointed the game out to me and brought it to my attention before he did his vid on it. Peon and I are... buddies?... pals?... acquaintances? Colleagues? Lovers? I dunno. We chat.
    Torval said:
    Lazy Peon did a video of it about a month ago

Peon pointed the game out to me and brought it to my attention before he did his vid on it. Peon and I are... buddies?... pals?... acquaintances? Colleagues? Lovers? I dunno. We chat.
    Since his name is Peon is all your chat small talk? :chuffed:
    I just click on him til he says something funny.
    Po_gg said:
    After his TSW video I mostly watch Peon on the same level as Conan's Clueless gamer series :lol:

As for the game itself, I'm kind of agree with Sean above, it's not for me. For the building mood there's already Landmark (though I admit I haven't checked it since launch... wasn't in the building mood :wink: ) and for all the other times I prefer story and lore and roleplay.

Still, a cool video HL, and while not yelling just whispering, I think it's time for a new "Dream mmo" video :waving:
    QUIT YELLING AT ME!
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    edited June 2016
    RAYYYYY another MMO when we already have too many f* MMOs on the market. /sigh everyone and their brother is now trying to make an MMO thanks to kickstarter which is now going to hurt any progress in making any real good new MMOs.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Looks nice, but can 3 guys really deliver on something this huge? If it they succeed, great. I'll definitely give it a try. But these things have been promised before by much bigger and experienced people and nothing came of it. I'm just cautious nowadays when an MMO promises me the world.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited June 2016
    ...another game build on SpatialOS(still under development).

Reminds me Hero Engine couple years back - promising technology, but only SWTOR using it at the end of the day and it cost EA fortune to make it work.

Until there are actual released titles using SpatialOS, it means very little...
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    great video but this is another game that will either never come out or it will take another 4/5 years in beta and by then it will be a total piece of crap.

good luck to them but without some serious backing its a fail wating to happen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    blueturtle13 said: Just curious, have you used SpatialOS?
    Nope.
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Looks interesting.
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Well, visually it is spectacular.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Why are people saying "thanks Hive"when it is highly likely he was asked by this site to comment on that game or he is in cahoots with that developer to promote the game,point being i highly doubt he has any real interest in the game.
    All of the games he does there is almost never any followup,meaning he is not playing them nor does he really care about the games he is reviewing.

I prefer...want to see some real reviews of games people really care about then of course follow up proving as such.I mean any one of the million site users loves a game,they likely talk about it for months/years non stop,they wouldn't say one thing then never mention the game again.

As to the game,most of what is good about the game is not yet implemented or finished,so i feel any review of the game is way too early.The model and lighting look ok but the model and armor seem very blocky like nothing moves on the player,it is like the armor is stuck on with crazy glue.

Pretty much all there is to see is a generated world which is going to be procedurally generated which sounds good but in reality is not because you get a more generic boring world.To me it is yet another game trying to be very fast with creation,low budget nothing that really looks like heart felt passion for game design but more like another Indie dev trying to cash in on the market.
    This will not be a game that saves the genre nor will it intrigue anyone for long term.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• cyranacyrana Member UncommonPosts: 197
    When they start using assets that aren't just imported from the Unity store or elsewhere, let me know.

Ningen wa ningen da.
    ----
    http://twitter.com/Ciovala

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    as they kept saying in the pantheon stream..."It's all just placeholders"
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Voxels? We don't need no stinkin' Voxels!! ^^ Once its a bit more advanced, I'll have to see how it plays.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."