Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using Shards to Create Larger Worlds

EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223
This all seems very interesting.  A question though to those in the know.

Would it theoretically be possible for a organized group of players to creating linked shards to represent much larger worlds?  The example I am thinking of is a project to recreate the continent of Westeros from Game of Thrones.   I wonder if two or three hundred like-minded people, under the oversight of some sort of leadership council to coordinate things.  You would end up with 200-300 "shards" with geography and content consistent with locations in the Game of Thrones that could be run role-play style, including arranged mass battles.   

Thoughts?

Comments

• penandpaperpenandpaper Member UncommonPosts: 174
    That is a great question.  Curious as to the answer as well.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    i really hope the dev are reading this, i am so sad that each shards only fits 64 players,

why not make it 1000 cap limit? its so much better knowing that there are so many players other than you in a single shard world.

please please please expand the cap, even 500 per shard is good enough. but not 64. dont make this a MO :((

So What Now?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Thank you Blueturtle13 that is awesome!  So basically, it would be possible for a coordinated effort by a lot of like-minded players to basically make the shards into what we would consider "zones" in a larger MMO world.  It would be a lot of work, but it would be a labor of love and I hope the game developers tout this possibility by ensuring the tool sets facilitate this sort of thing.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    thanks for the vid, it's good to know what the cluster would do, so basically if 1 cluster consist of 50 shards ( and considering that they will eventually expand limit of 256 per shard )

which means 50*256 = 12800 players in a 1 cluster. 

now i hope that there would be 1 cluster where every founder of a shard or 2 would just link their shard to that 1 chunk of connected shards ( clusters ) just to make it the biggest cluster available!

So What Now?