Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my Interest in mmo's is gone i think

12346»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    exile01 said:
    I stopped playing mmos for a long time too. I went back to Rift and had some fun again. I will quit again for sure but eventually come back. Once our generation has married, you can say good bye to the oldschool MMOs.
    Nonsense, I was married with 3 children when I started playing MMOs, you make the time after they all go to bed and learn sleep is for the weak.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    What the industry needs to do to drum up more excitement is to copy/paste more games out there.
    That'll get the juices flowing again.

Once upon a time....

• WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    It's part of becoming a "mature gamer." I don't mean mature age wise, I mean mature as in played 99% of the stuff out there. I have an extremely narrow taste in games, EXTREMELY narrow, so it makes it all the harder for me.

If I may make a suggestion on 2 games (although not MMOs). Check out Gems of War on Steam. It is a gem matching game with CCG and RPG elements, and 100% completely free to play.  I love it. Also check out Darkest Dungeon (also on Steam) if you like wire-frame dungeon crawlers like the old Wizard 1-5. It is B2P, and it offers a brutal progression layout that will likely keep you as frustrated as entertained. 
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Kyleran said:

Nonsense, I was married with 3 children when I started playing MMOs, you make the time after they all go to bed and learn sleep is for the weak.
    Nonsense. I don't make time for entertainment. I use it as I see fit, including conforming to my schedule. For example, my wife comes first, and if she wants me to go out to dinner, video gaming can wait. I can always play later. 
  • VestigeGamerVestigeGamer Member UncommonPosts: 518
    edited July 2016
    Kyleran said:
    exile01 said:
    I stopped playing mmos for a long time too. I went back to Rift and had some fun again. I will quit again for sure but eventually come back. Once our generation has married, you can say good bye to the oldschool MMOs.
    That's the thing.  Many players from "way back then" think that EVERY player was just like them.  I was in my 30's, married, had a child when I played EQ at the turn of the millennium.  Not everyone who played then was a teenager living with the folks with no obligations.  Many were. Many were "full fledged adults" with jobs/careers and families.

When a person wants to do something, they find ways to make it happen.  They prioritize.  For some, those priorities have changed.

VG

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    apb2011 said:
    There are two types of people. Those that make things happen, and those that don't.
    People that make things happen have no time, and people that don't make things happen have all the time in the world.

People that make things happen don't play video games. They are to busy making things happen.

If you lost interest in MMOs and gaming, means you grew up. What you gonna do with all that spare time?

Make things happen bro.

There's a bit of irony in this post.