Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes for tomorrow (June 15th)

Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/93180-patch-1506-siege-war-postponed/

Enjoy! Some good stuff.
Seems like they are buffing characters and nerfing mobs. Along with increased XP gain.
So we won't all have to grind like fiends to be able to take part in the new content.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Looks like a great patch.  Also I personally noticed that some balance changes that just went into effect in KR are coming to us in this patch, so that's pretty fast.

Some notables for controversial topics:

"Calculation for Max HP, MP, WP, and SP has been changed from random method to fixed method when leveling up. Those stats will be adjusted accordingly."

"Auction Reservation System has been added."
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Are they planning any play for free weekends or anything that any in-gamers have heard?  I'd like to take this one for a test drive.  It seems like the opinion is a straight split on this one.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2016
    DMKano said:
    Massive patch - I like the zerker damage boost changes a lot.

Nothing in the patch on anti-hacking changes they promised.

Yep because Black Desert isn't any good, The Anti Cheat, is nothing but spyware on players despite the changes to make it less malicious, The hacking in the first places shows their ignorance, and IMO why no one should even play the game. ( Like I understand players can hack like Aimbot in a game like "Over Watch") But never should players ever been allowed to teleport around, re-fill HP/MP/ reset skills without getting instantly banned if done, or having server side prevention / bans.

The economy has been ruined by hackers I am sure teleporting to horses, taming, gold sellers getting horses and making money /RMT.

The delayed content release is dumb, and cash shop prices are way too high to customize clothing sets.

The fact the game runs off a whole out-dated class system as well isn't any good either.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    LOL

We changed something about accuracy

patch notes/10
    Such a troll game company.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Renoaku said:
    DMKano said:
    Massive patch - I like the zerker damage boost changes a lot.

Nothing in the patch on anti-hacking changes they promised.

Yep because Black Desert isn't any good, The Anti Cheat, is nothing but spyware on players despite the changes to make it less malicious, The hacking in the first places shows their ignorance, and IMO why no one should even play the game. ( Like I understand players can hack like Aimbot in a game like "Over Watch") But never should players ever been allowed to teleport around, re-fill HP/MP/ reset skills without getting instantly banned if done, or having server side prevention / bans.

The economy has been ruined by hackers I am sure teleporting to horses, taming, gold sellers getting horses and making money /RMT.

The delayed content release is dumb, and cash shop prices are way too high to customize clothing sets.

The fact the game runs off a whole out-dated class system as well isn't any good either.
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  

Some good changes.  Looks like a massive patch.  There will actually be a reason to PvP...imagine that.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited June 2016
    Wow, these really are sweeping notes.  I missed these two big changes when looking at them the first time:

• Name Tag will be displayed even if players equip Ghillie suit in node, siege and red battle field.

• Energy won’t be consumed when processing(L)

Super glad seige/node wars won't just be everyone in ghillie suits, because, well, that would just be really dumb and looks stupid.  For a game with amazing graphics to have everyone look like tall shrubs in the pinnacle activity would be a real shame.

As for the other change, I'm not a crafter but obviously that's super nice for crafters.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Wow, these really are sweeping notes.  I missed these two big changes when looking at them the first time:

• Name Tag will be displayed even if players equip Ghillie suit in node, siege and red battle field.

Super glad seige/node wars won't just be everyone in ghillie suits, because, well, that would just be really dumb and looks stupid.  For a game with amazing graphics to have everyone look like tall shrubs in the pinnacle activity would be a real shame.

As for the other change, I'm not a crafter but obviously that's super nice for crafters.
    It'll definitely make crafting easier. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Mardukk said:

...  There will actually be a reason to PvP...imagine that.
    This is the "moment of truth" for BDO in the NA/EU market.

If the PVP is no good, BDO will be full of tumbleweeds a month from now...
    Mardukk said:

...  There will actually be a reason to PvP...imagine that.
    This is the "moment of truth" for BDO in the NA/EU market.

If the PVP is no good, BDO will be full of tumbleweeds a month from now...
    Hardly. It still has a good amount of us scrubs that don't care about PvP. xD

I am however hoping the node wars and such will be good though. So far they look promising... which reminds me... they posted a tutorial on those https://www.blackdesertonline.com/game/warfare/

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    These node wars will it have an impact on me a low level who is gathering ? Will I still be able to collect resources? I do not belong to any guild right now as I did not want my guild to go to war and get adversely drawn into PvP.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    cheyane said:
    These node wars will it have an impact on me a low level who is gathering ? Will I still be able to collect resources? I do not belong to any guild right now as I did not want my guild to go to war and get adversely drawn into PvP.
    No effect on guildless people.

Even if you are in a guild, I heard going on channels that are not 1 aka blabla 2, they don't have wars on them. I'm not 100% sure on that tough.

Is there a way to check which channel has a war going on .I have switched channels while playing only when I log in. Is there a way to switch while playing like switching alts ?
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Is there a way to check which channel has a war going on .I have switched channels while playing only when I log in. Is there a way to switch while playing like switching alts ?
    The link I posted above (https://www.blackdesertonline.com/game/warfare/) contains a schedule of what areas have sieges on what days.

As for the channel switching, yep. It's very easy to do.
    You need to go into a safe zone and then hit escape and click "Ch. Shift", which will bring up the list of channels to switch to.

Thanks Az
    Chamber of Chains
  • khoodlaxkhoodlax Member CommonPosts: 1
    The patch notes came with big wins and fails imo.  Especially with the whole processing doesnt use energy anymore.  I feel for the people who wasted countless energy and potions to get their lifeskill up
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    khoodlax said:
    The patch notes came with big wins and fails imo.  Especially with the whole processing doesnt use energy anymore.  I feel for the people who wasted countless energy and potions to get their lifeskill up
    Ehh I'm more bummed on how will I spend my alts energy quickly now :/

edited June 2016
    Bloodaxes said:
    khoodlax said:
    Invest into nodes, or spam F1 for amity gains with NPCs. xD

Also... cooking.

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    edited June 2016
    Bloodaxes said:
    khoodlax said:

Also... cooking.
    i was wondering... when they say no energy for processing (L) they mean all [L] like shaking,grinding,drying etc, or only no energy for processing?
    sodade21 said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    khoodlax said:

Also... cooking.
    i was wondering... when they say no energy for processing (L) they mean all [L] like shaking,grinding,drying etc, or only no energy for processing?
    Good question... I assumed it was all the stuff that takes only one component. Smelting ore, grinding stones or gems, drying hides, etc... but it might include stuff like making dough (shaking) and the like too.

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Those suits really shouldn't have been in the game to begin with, or maybe just not a cash shop only item. To change the way they work without at least telling players up front that they could change is just dirty pool.
    DMKano said:

I can  players asking for $30 refunds for their Treant suits now that they've nerfed them.

IMO this is a good change - but those that bought them to gain advantage of hiding their tag are gonna get pissed.
    They still have the advantage when it comes to ganking and guild wars I assume?

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited June 2016
    DMKano said:

I can  players asking for $30 refunds for their Treant suits now that they've nerfed them.

IMO this is a good change - but those that bought them to gain advantage of hiding their tag are gonna get pissed.

They haven't nerfed the Treant suit.  You will still be able to continue using them in the open world for guild wars and for all of the same reasons you've been using them before node and siege wars.  In node and siege wars, red = dead anyway.  Real PvPers don't complain about not being able to use a "P2W" cash shop item in order to buy an advantage in a node and/or siege war.