Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just another LF MMORPG to play thread, not.

Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
edited June 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Well yeah, it is, BUT not at the same time, stay tuned.
It does not matter if i played 10 or 30 mmo's, how long i stayed in them, what matters is the quality, of enjoyment they offered bound together with the time i stayed in them.That quality consists of several factors, which are gameplay, game model, community and age of MMORPG.

You can not have a good mmorpg with any two of these factors being negative.
So my question is if i have seen plenty, been in themepark dungeons, incredible open worlds, raids ,crafted most complex items, enjoyed sandbox player created content, forged in pvp, farmed beyond reason, archieved above and beyond, made friends, and enemies along the way, ------- what, mmorpg would you say, has all of the above, with positive factors i mentioned in mind?

Its not Tera-Endgame doesnt exist there, nor Archeage -many factors failed, B&S is a fighting nogear game -so its not that either,
its not so many others that have empty servers.. but it is some, which am i? Do i or did exist? Or am i not yet made? Will i be soon?

Which MMORPG am i?

Online gamers have a relationship and longing. Relationship with a MMORPG makes you almost unable to have social life, and when you take a break you long for more quickly after.Addictive nature of games like this model creates longing for something incredible in virtual world, adventures you read in books and watch in the movies so once you find a suitable game, it consumes you in most cases.
Ofc some even say that casual players in MMORPG's exist, that somehow log on for only a hour-two/day and enjoy themselves.
That is a lie.When you are on your work, you are making money you intend to spend on a game :) so that makes you grinding in real life also, in some way, you are still ingame.

Thank you for reading ,if you reached this point, that means you have read all of my nonsense and you are ready to inflict some reason!

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited June 2016

Thank you for reading ,if you reached this point, that means you have read all of my nonsense and you are ready to inflict some reason!

I couldn't have put it any better.
    Maybe I am just tired but I didn't get what this post is about.
    Is it some kind of quiz or just some random ramblings?

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    edited June 2016
    ste2000 said:

I couldn't have put it any better.
    Maybe I am just tired but I didn't get what this post is about.
    Is it some kind of quiz or just some random ramblings?

Yes.
    Simply said, what do you reccomend if its any good, why?
  • Little-BootLittle-Boot Member UncommonPosts: 158
    *snip*
    its not so many others that have empty servers.. but it is some, which am i? Do i or did exist? Or am i not yet made? Will i be soon?

Which MMORPG am i?
    *snip*

Dofus? 
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Well yeah, it is, BUT not at the same time, stay tuned.

So my question is if i have seen plenty, been in themepark dungeons, incredible open worlds, raids ,crafted most complex items, enjoyed sandbox player created content, forged in pvp, farmed beyond reason, archieved above and beyond, made friends, and enemies along the way, ------- what, mmorpg would you say, has all of the above, with positive factors i mentioned in mind?

So what you are asking is for a MMO that has all the above mentioned features?
    Simple answer is none.

Unfortunately no one came up with the perfect formula yet.

Best MMORPG experience for me were Vanilla WoW, Vanilla EQ, Vanilla EQ2, EVE and Darkfall.
    A mix of those games best features would make my ideal game.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    None, not one mmo has everything you want.  Every single mmo that exists has a major negative to go along with the positives.

If you want the perfect mmorpg then too bad, it doesn't exist. 

From my experience, if you are burned out and have played everything...go back to your first mmo and play that.  That's what I did and even though I thought I could never get back into it, I did and I'm loving every moment of it. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,717
    Vanilla LotRO had pretty much everything you listed. 

Sure, the main content was all themepark, but things like Ettenmoors PvP, music system etc was kinda of sandboxy (players creating their own entertainment using provided systems). The crafting, whilst not complex, required hunting specific rare spawns for crafting mats. The raids were interesting, the dungeons awesome, the leveling fairly group based. Even the pvp was great fun - open world(ish), objective based. Some great rivalries formed. 

I guess most of that still exists, but they dumbed down combat loads, stopped releasing much group content and it is now 9 years old. 

Our of existing MMOs, I'm gonna go with TESO. Whilst the combat is a bit simplistic for my liking, it seems to provide opportunities for most of the rest of the things you mentioned. They're releasing content quickly now. Large playerbase. Good monetisation model. I would guess the community side is probably lacking due to mega-server technology, but you might get some of that from pvp campaigns.