Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Dynamic MMO Where Player Actions Can Impact the World

princepetropiaprincepetropia Member UncommonPosts: 13
Hey Guys,

I am having real trouble conveying what I really want in an MMO. This is really my final attempt, so I hope I'll do well. I am looking for an MMORPG game with great graphics and an interesting lore, which is more than just killing things, doing dungeons and performing NPC questlines. I want an MMO where I can actually impact the game world through my character. Where I can actually go beyond and do something interesting, somehow impacting the game world. Maybe I can become the most powerful sorceror in the land who people flock to for help. Maybe I can become a great warrior for hire. Maybe I can become a cutthroat politician. You know, make my character uniquely relevant to the game's society. Most games that I found in this category are still in early alpha, so I am looking for something that's either released or in the early stages of development. Please advice.

Comments

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    EVE Online.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    There's really no contest here.  EVE provides this on a scale that no other game even comes remotely close to matching.

Other, barely active, alternatives are Perpetuum and whichever brand of Darkfall is currently online.

SWG is gone unless you want to play on an emulated server, Everquest Next has been cancelled and all of the other world building, player interactive MMO's that don't look like minecraft are a year or two out in development currently.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Just remember one thing, in a MMO you will be playing with two or three hundred thousand other players who all "want to impact the world" as well. Some of them get quite serious about it too, spending countless hours and hundreds of $ in the process... :dizzy:

But as everyone said before me, EVE-Online is probably the finest example currently of a game where you can "make your mark". You could always try the most difficult path to fame in EVE: be a famous good guy ! :D 
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    edited June 2016
    EVE has been out for 10 (?) years now and with its skill progression, you will never, let me emphasize that - NEVER catch up to any other players. You won't even remotely be on the same playing field as they are and therefor, have absolutely no impact in the game world.