Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SPONSORED: Five Reasons to Play The Dark Brotherhood

2»

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I love TES lore,like ESO gameplay,PvP, & world , I am try this but can't get in to limitations with  class lock & locked playable factions , just it is not what I expecting by one TES game .ESO should to be sandbox !
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited June 2016
    Thornrage said:
    Sovrath said:
    ugh, I'd have to make a whole new character as the character I have is not an assassin. Same with Thieves' guild.

Maybe some day.
    You can play those DLCs with any class. It would be stupid for ZOS to make a DLC just for one class.
    Yeah, I understand that. However, I like to create backstories and motivations for my characters. I don't "role play" but this is a way for me to enjoy the content in a way that is more than "go here, kill x, go back to quest giver".

In the single player elder scrolls games I'd have to make separate characters for thieves and Assassin's guild quests as my first few characters were not thieves or assassins.

Otherwise it's difficult to buy into the story lines. For me, if I'm going to follow a story line the characters have to make sense.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I love TES lore,like ESO gameplay,PvP, & world , I am try this but can't get in to limitations with  class lock & locked playable factions , just it is not what I expecting by one TES game .ESO should to be sandbox !
    They are making it so that you can go anywhere in the world and that you are not locked behind faction borders with the exception of the pvp areas.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited June 2016
    I just want to spit it out here since im not such a forums master, some people tends to respond here more than anywhere else.Let it be my '5 ways Zeni chose to make playerbase(i know it sounds way pretentious but i know many people did) hate ESO
    -Removal of Veteran ranks= 4 classes with limited skills to choose from.Nothing is special anymore.No prestige..Pick the class which is OP that month.Everyone plays everything.Freedom of choice or build or even world is a lie.Morphs go into 2 forms= Pve morphs and PvP morphs : Disgusting way of design.
    - ANIMATION CANCELING= I had many handicapped( in real life) friends COULDNT play pvp with any team just because how sneaky and-again-disgusting the design behind the combat is.Decided to main templar..how i bored when the game was about pressing 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 (puncturing sweeps with animation canceling) spam skills for 5 seconds and then again 1-1-1-1-1-1.
    -RNG: wont explain this.Event thinking about it makes me feel funny
    -SETS: rubbish.There are 2 main sets people use because its so frekking expensive to craft 1 endgame set.Other ones need a grind that even i couldnt help myself vomit whilst doing so.Everytime a new DLC comes, watch how they introduce the stomach puddling sets with Glorificamus.
    The last of all and the one of the major reasons ive quitted and quitted for good:
    ARMOR set designs.Yes.Im one of those guys who quit the game after acquiring the Spellpower Cure.And i look like a Drug queen and a real ugly one i look like with Molag Kena helm because how the RNG is and how i didnt get the shoulders(.Thanks for making me disgusted from my only character Zeni and btw Molag Kena helmet Zeni.Just..come on.).

In conclusion.Tamriel One invokes 2 words in mind.Boredom and Disgust with a little smile on my face knowing how they manipulate and camouflage things, sell the glorified manure from whats left of their cash stuffed intestants.Again and again and again how they introduce bad skill lines that no one but the hardcorest roleplayer MAY THINK of using, hell i even think that once Thieves guild and Dark brotherhood were supposed to be 1 DLC and how they seperated them from each other and sold the playerbase...
    This is how i disgust Zeni and TESO.
    Post edited by Megilindir on

beLIEve

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sovrath said:
    Thornrage said:
    Sovrath said:
    ugh, I'd have to make a whole new character as the character I have is not an assassin. Same with Thieves' guild.

Maybe some day.
    You can play those DLCs with any class. It would be stupid for ZOS to make a DLC just for one class.
    Yeah, I understand that. However, I like to create backstories and motivations for my characters. I don't "role play" but this is a way for me to enjoy the content in a way that is more than "go here, kill x, go back to quest giver".

In the single player elder scrolls games I'd have to make separate characters for thieves and Assassin's guild quests as my first few characters were not thieves or assassins.

Otherwise it's difficult to buy into the story lines. For me, if I'm going to follow a story line the characters have to make sense.
    Which is usually why I level every class.  If a class gets nerfed I can just play the one that's been buffed.  Certain content can be more appropriate for certain classes to play.  You get more flexibility by having every class to play plus it's fun taking different classes through content.  If you feel like a challenge just play the weakest class that day.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    One reason not to...its still ESO and you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    I just want to spit it out here since im not such a forums master, some people tends to respond here more than anywhere else.Let it be my '5 ways Zeni chose to make playerbase(i know it sounds way pretentious but i know many people did) hate ESO
    -Removal of Veteran ranks= 4 classes with limited skills to choose from.Nothing is special anymore.No prestige..Pick the class which is OP that month.Everyone plays everything.Freedom of choice or build or even world is a lie.Morphs go into 2 forms= Pve morphs and PvP morphs : Disgusting way of design.
    - ANIMATION CANCELING= I had many handicapped( in real life) friends COULDNT play pvp with any team just because how sneaky and-again-disgusting the design behind the combat is.Decided to main templar..how i bored when the game was about pressing 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 (puncturing sweeps with animation canceling) spam skills for 5 seconds and then again 1-1-1-1-1-1.
    -SETS: rubbish.There are 2 main sets people use because its so frekking expensive to craft 1 endgame set.Other ones need a grind that even i couldnt help myself vomit whilst doing so.Everytime a new DLC comes, watch how they introduce the stomach puddling sets with Glorificamus.
    The last of all and the one of the major reasons ive quitted and quitted for good:
    ARMOR set designs.Yes.Im one of those guys who quit the game after acquiring the Spellpower Cure.And i look like a Drug queen and a real ugly one i look like with Molag Kena helm because how the RNG is and how i didnt get the shoulders(.Thanks for making me disgusted from my only character Zeni and btw Molag Kena helmet Zeni.Just..come on.).

In conclusion.Tamriel One invokes 2 words in mind.Boredom and Disgust with a little smile on my face knowing how they manipulate and camouflage things, sell the glorified manure from whats left of their cash stuffed intestants.Again and again and again how they introduce bad skill lines that no one but the hardcorest roleplayer MAY THINK of using, hell i even think that once Thieves guild and Dark brotherhood were supposed to be 1 DLC and how they seperated them from each other and sold the playerbase...
    this is one angry 'Drug queen'
    :angry::anguished::angry:
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    bcbully said:
    Meh. I'm burned out on the game. I'll give them a few months to add more stuff then check out the game again around Christmas.
    I've been out since January. No new skills with the TG patch did it for me. I think I'll be out until arena and new skills.
    Hey the way they keep nerfing, buffing and changing skills it's like a bunch of new ones :)

Hated when they took the purge out of Dark Cloak...ouch! :(
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224

are there camels in this game

Yes we have camels as mount.

I have been play ESO since early beta and i have to say ESO have come long way since day it went live and honest DB is mostlike the best DLC we have got of them all i just love it :D
  • SainguinSainguin Member UncommonPosts: 75
    ESO is always getting better and this DLC is not an exception. The removal of Veteran Ranks has long been asked for by the community and it's planned since they were added. Anyone being salty over their removal, look it up. The community at large hated them, and ZoS has long planned to remove them.

All the salt in these comments. I should grab some fries.

But seriously, ESO is awesome and more active than ever. Every major city is flooded with people and I'm in 5 guilds that are always capped at 500 members.

Say the game is "has been" all ya want. Say it til you're blue in the face. Won't change the fact that ESO is doing fantastic and the players love it.

Calm down or you're gonna have a heart attack. Jesus. You really need to unplug your computer and go outside. You are far too invested in this.

Being disgusted by a game? Are you 12?
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Came back to the game and unable to find any guilds to join in the NA. Checked online and added 20+ people to get an invite and nothing. Out of the 5 guilds I was in not 1 person is online... very depressing as I loved the game but just got bored from lack of content. Sure it came but after doing all 3 ( think it was ) different start area and quests I got a bit over it... Wish it was just releasing now!
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    @Sainguin
    Anger and Disgust are 2 different feelings.I would lecture you but here is no time nor place.Alas i did not curse or swear to any man did i now? So i dont think i deserve a humiliating response goes as ` Are you 12? ` Now boy..listen here.You dont judge a person by his/her age.There are far clever kids than any of us here that you wouldnt know if they exist. But now i wonder if you have some connections with Matt that you furiously defend the game like you defend your girlfriend against a gang.

beLIEve

• KoeeKoee Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited June 2016
    Most of these comments are so damn lame and negative. Mostly, I guess coming from the Skyrim crowd who really think Skyrim was a 60 hour walk-through. Guess what's going to happen with The Elder Scrolls VI? You will all moan and complain but there won't be anybody to hear you. ESO is becoming more true to the name every day. It's going to be funny when the huge mechanical system of tamriel is up and running and you find F2P people have at least $300 - $500 worth of dlc to catch up on. You will moan and complain then. Stay at home with your 1 player games and don't express your concerns to people who enjoy friendships, groups and guilds on MMO games.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    @Sainguin
    Anger and Disgust are 2 different feelings.I would lecture you but here is no time nor place.Alas i did not curse or swear to any man did i now? So i dont think i deserve a humiliating response goes as ` Are you 12? ` Now boy..listen here.You dont judge a person by his/her age.There are far clever kids than any of us here that you wouldnt know if they exist. But now i wonder if you have some connections with Matt that you furiously defend the game like you defend your girlfriend against a gang.
    You shouldn't judge a person by his age.  But you can judge a person by his infantile rantings.  You do not speak for the player base, you only speak for yourself.  You make it seem like Zenimax has created some tremendous sins against the MMORPG community when its really that the game isn't a good fit for you.

Torval said:
    Don't forget the crafting bag for subscribers. It's seriously awesome and has removed one of my biggest annoyances to being a crafter in the game.
    Couldn't of said better. The craft bag is awesome. I deleted 4 bank alts after they added it.
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    edited June 2016
    Sponsored or not, I found the information very helpful, as I have ignored this game since giving up on it. I just might give it another chance now.
    All that Game of Thrones Assassin stuff with Arya has me wanting to be an Assassin.
    :) Did ESO ever give us early adopters a Steam Key? If not I will avoid this game like the plague.
  • BT2004BT2004 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Bring out Oceanic servers and I would play it, but they too lazy
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    I re-subbed for a month and played a Level 6 Wood Elf Assassin I had been neglecting.
    So far it is kind of bland IMHO...here is why:

1) The vaunted "Blade of Woe" has so many restrictions on where and how it can be used that it might as well be called "The Blade of So?".
    Moreover, it is so confusing how it works.
    For example, I was awarded the blade, yet it is not in my inventory, I cannot see it, and so far it does not even work - "Press Control to Stalk and "X" to Attack".

2) Assassin Personality.....I sure hope no one pays crowns for this....free is one thing, other than whoopie freakin doo.

3) Get Quests that you cannot get to:
    ok so right off the bat I have to go to the docks in a city called Wilhelm or something like that.
    Guess what? I cannot get to it, without having a friend and I in a group, with hi, already there and then I have to click "Travel To".
    In fact, I still do not know how to get there any other way and neither did anyone in chat.
    Makes no sense.

4) Still BORING....ESO is a top notch and high quality game, but its boring IMHO.
    Even worse with how Dark Brotherhood has been marketed.....so far it does not match the hype or even the marketing at all.