Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting/survival, non-mmo?

LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 646
Giving MMOs up for a while while waiting for Camelot to come closer. 

I do enjoy off-line survival/crafting games though. Played a lot of them over the past couple of years and was wondering if people had some ideas that I may have missed along the way.

So far:

7 Days to Die - single player
Craft the World
Rimworld
Project Zomboid
Stranded Deep
Empyrion
Subnautica
ARK - single player
Fortresscraft Evolved
Factorio
Medieval Engineers
Space Engineers

And a few more. I enjoy just about all of those but they get to be a bit of the same after a while. The first few hours are a challenge and then it's a cakewalk. Others are just tedious. And then some are too "old school" for my tastes - I'm no graphics snob, but I already lived through the 8-bit games, I don't really want to repeat that!

So are there any newer, fairly content-full games out there that aren't on this list?

Comments

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Well, I'm not sure if it fits perfectly into the box, but Necropolis is supposed to be out at some point this summer.  It's one of the few I'm interested in.

It's meant to have more challenging combat like Dark Souls.  So, I don't know if that's to your tastes.  But, if you don't mind fighting alot, then you might be interested.

I personally love the art style of it, though.  It's somewhat low-poly but it's beautifully done.

I honestly don't know how deep its crafting system delves though.  I know it has crafting, but I don't know much beyond that.

Recent article
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 646
    Actually, it does look kinda neat :)