Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just want to confirm a couple of things before I buy the game today

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
I thought I had better start my own thread instead of piggybacking on some poor guy's thread like a girl in a Korean drama.

1)As long as I do not level beyond 45 I should not be subjected to any PvP right ? That is if no one has declared war against my guild.

2)I was looking at the levelling process and I recall in this thread http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6940697/#Comment_6940697
@yucklawyers mentioned killing 10 mobs in his journey to 48 from 20. So I presume not that I have an extreme aversion to fighting or anything I just want to delay getting to level 45 and this seemed like a good way to do it.

3)Although without fail somebody will come and give me some sage advice about playing the game all wrong and such I am sufficiently interested in the systems in the game to invest my time in the game . I am very careful about my time investment as I am growing older and I feel that time is growing short while I age and the thing I abhor more than anything is wasting my time on something. However I also realised if the game can give me even 6 months of immersion it would be a solid investment and a solid game by my standards.

4)The world seems like a real world to me as I played the trial and I want to play in it and although I am worried about the combat combos a point I shall soon address I still love how it looks and the systems in it make it like a real world with even the tedium of real life.

5)Since I have no interest in PvP the hacking and cheats hold no barrier to entry for me.

6)The combos have me worried as I tried watching some youtube videos but since I am not really playing the class I was not very observant. Do the higher skills require the same combinations of buttons between classes or do they all differ? I ask this since if I am to play three classes I would not be able to remember the combos if each class is different. Can I change the keystrokes to match the combos of different classes so that I can use the same ones I have memorized. Yes me bad action combat player and need all help me can get.

7)I have a G600 mouse which I usually map keystrokes to not any macros just keystrokes so I can manage I think. I know macros are a no-no and the Xingthingy will detect and disable it anyway. I have never used macros anyway except the social stuff like hello and dancing in other games. I just want to make sure that it gets no fancier than two keys pressed together. Like A and LMB.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my thread and answering.

Chamber of Chains

Comments

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    edited June 2016
    cheyane said:
    I thought I had better start my own thread instead of piggybacking on some poor guy's thread like a girl in a Korean drama.

1)As long as I do not level beyond 45 I should not be subjected to any PvP right ? That is if no one has declared war against my guild.

This is true, i have been in game since day 2, and so far my highest toon is 43.5 , however, with the recent change being over 45 unless you doing a AFK like fishing or mount levelling this isn't as muc problem as before, also going by loads of information, PKing isn't rife, it only comes a problem when you are trying to farm the 'hot spots' for loot and bigger group comes along

2)I was looking at the levelling process and I recall in this thread http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6940697/#Comment_6940697
    @yucklawyers mentioned killing 10 mobs in his journey to 48 from 20. So I presume not that I have an extreme aversion to fighting or anything I just want to delay getting to level 45 and this seemed like a good way to do it.

Yes you can die, however, no loss of XP is now in game, of course not sure if this also means to PvE content or just pvp, but, also you can delevel, ie you cannot go below your current level you can go from 44.99 level > 44.00 but no more than that

3)Although without fail somebody will come and give me some sage advice about playing the game all wrong and such I am sufficiently interested in the systems in the game to invest my time in the game . I am very careful about my time investment as I am growing older and I feel that time is growing short while I age and the thing I abhor more than anything is wasting my time on something. However I also realised if the game can give me even 6 months of immersion it would be a solid investment and a solid game by my standards.

I generally like the game for its pve , but, the issue is, there is going to be VERY soon a time when wether i like it or not i will have to pass 45 to go to the new content , but , that been said ive been playing well since release and for me it has been money well spent.

4)The world seems like a real world to me as I played the trial and I want to play in it and although I am worried about the combat combos a point I shall soon address I still love how it looks and the systems in it make it like a real world with even the tedium of real life.

Dont worry about the combos' these only become an issue with pvp, in PvE generally you can get away with doing anything, im hopeless at remember combos' i have my own little rotation that can be done with key and mouse and it works fine, of course when it comes to world bosses etc this would be obvious that im not min/maxing

5)Since I have no interest in PvP the hacking and cheats hold no barrier to entry for me.

True, but oddly enough the hackers are mainly being used for pve content higher up as they can kill more bosses / more mobs quicker for better cash

6)The combos have me worried as I tried watching some youtube videos but since I am not really playing the class I was not very observant. Do the higher skills require the same combinations of buttons between classes or do they all differ? I ask this since if I am to play three classes I would not be able to remember the combos if each class is different. Can I change the keystrokes to match the combos of different classes so that I can use the same ones I have memorized. Yes me bad action combat player and need all help me can get.

again see my previous comment dont worry about combos in pve. :)

7)I have a G600 mouse which I usually map keystrokes to not any macros just keystrokes so I can manage I think. I know macros are a no-no and the Xingthingy will detect and disable it anyway. I have never used macros anyway except the social stuff like hello and dancing in other games. I just want to make sure that it gets no fancier than two keys pressed together. Like A and LMB.

I do something similar , and i use the g300 as it suits me and works fine, but, although you dont get full dps you can use the ui to have your skills on , so you can just use click n effect :)

Thank you all for taking the time to read my thread and answering.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Macros are totally fine in BDO, a lot of people use it without any problems. What made you think they were not allowed?

People use macro combos in both keyboards and mouse. 
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Quazal.A said:

I do something similar , and i use the g300 as it suits me and works fine, but, although you dont get full dps you can use the ui to have your skills on , so you can just use click n effect :)

Actually my husband wants to play this game and he is not 'leet' like me and still click cast so you're saying I can enable this then he can play because when he saw the game he was grousing about the fact that he cannot click the hot buttons. How do I turn it on ?

Thanks for your reply BTW.
    Chamber of Chains
    Also, having a proper gaming keyboard helps as well. This keyboard to me is the only gaming keyboard due to the keys and how they are laid out, all the other "gaming keyboards" are just fancy WASD crap.
    You wont find this keyboard under 300 dollars though as it is out of stock everywhere and the few places that still have it, go for around 350-400 dollars each.

New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited June 2016
    I have that keyboard myself but I still miss not having the Z and X on the left side.

@DMKano The layout is fine if you actually try it. Unlike that logitech you linked, the merc stealth layout is pretty comfortable on your hand because each button is at reach on a specific finger.

DMKano said:
    Also, having a proper gaming keyboard helps as well. This keyboard to me is the only gaming keyboard due to the keys and how they are laid out, all the other "gaming keyboards" are just fancy WASD crap.
    You wont find this keyboard under 300 dollars though as it is out of stock everywhere and the few places that still have it, go for around 350-400 dollars each.

IMO - Complete waste of money - the keyboard is HUGE and those keys are very funky layout for me

You can buy a Logitech G13 gamepad for under $70 most places and use it in addition to any good keyboard, it's also easily portable.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

You clearly never played with one.

I have in total 4 of these keyboards (one I use, 3 brand new in box just in case) and I got 2 Zboard original edition.

Everyone I lended my zboard and merc wanted to play with it because it is SO MUCH more comfortable than WASD. You can configure any and all keys to do whatever you want, mouse click, macros, XYZ mouse movement, etc...

All the other gaming keyboards you see at the moment are just fancy WASD keyboard... the layout is the same in all of them and that is why it sucks and the reason I have 3 new still in the box, I can never ever go back to a normal keyboard again.

And @Bloodaxes You can configure any key to be any other key or any combination of keys, macros and even mouse input, did you know this?
    Or are you meaning the Z and X key on the original Zboard ?
    DMKano said:

IMO - Complete waste of money - the keyboard is HUGE and those keys are very funky layout for me

You can buy a Logitech G13 gamepad for under $70 most places and use it in addition to any good keyboard, it's also easily portable.

And @Bloodaxes You can configure any key to be any other key or any combination of keys, macros and even mouse input, did you know this?
    I know you can configure it. I meant that it's weird they didn't also include a Z and X keys on the left portion of the keyboard since there are some games that use them (Like Arma for example).

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited June 2016
    Game is very playable just for the pve subsystems especially if you don't need to get more than 6 months out of it.

I'm playing a witch and I can kill pretty much any group of mobs using 2 skills, especially if I don't go for purple ones or group too many.  Don't let the combat scare you, you can self-regulate the difficulty pretty well.

I'm lvl 42 and I don't remember most of my skills, mostly because I don't even use them.

My entire combo when farming can be something like s+right click, then right-click.  That's it.
    YoBloodaxes said:
    DMKano said:

I know you can configure it. I meant that it's weird they didn't also include a Z and X keys on the left portion of the keyboard since there are some games that use them (Like Arma for example).
    You mean like the original Zboard?

You also have the Fang:

Maybe I know what you mean about the the pinky finger having two more keys? :chuffed: 
    These keyboards are heavenly. I have a Nemesis Kane and its only call to fame is the fancy backlight so I can see in the dark.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions and helping me out.

DMkano killing myself repeatedly before level 45 seems a bit drastic I think I will try for the stealth levelling after all.

Holden what pet did you buy in the end .What pet should I get you think I doubt I will be AOE grinding just to clarify. You think bird for elites is a good idea ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    You're buying it regardless of the responses.
    YoBloodaxes said:
    DMKano said:

You mean like the original Zboard?

You also have the Fang:

Maybe I know what you mean about the the pinky finger having two more keys? :chuffed: 
    Yes like that.

I use the long one you originally posted but I can't find a replacement so when this one dies out I'll have to go with a normal keyboard and maybe something like DMKano linked on the side.

How do you use the one DM Kano suggested is it like a mouse or you use it like an additional keyboard to your keyboard - meaning side by side to your keyboard and mouse?

Chamber of Chains
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    You're buying it regardless of the responses.
    I suspect that most people who ask "Should I buy this game ?" on these forums have already made-up their minds, they're only looking for confirmation. As long as there's 1 reply that confirms their decision, all the others can be ignored ! :D  
    cheyane said:
    How do you use the one DM Kano suggested is it like a mouse or you use it like an additional keyboard to your keyboard - meaning side by side to your keyboard and mouse?
    Like an extra keyboard but condensed to have all the required keys in one hand. Used side by side to your actual keyboard.

edited June 2016
    So the extra keyboard ,my regular one and my G600 mouse. That means I will need three hands. I am moving about with the WASD configured on the extra keyboard I suppose. Using my G600 mouse skills with my thumb on the side and using the mouse itself for direction while the main keyboard is used for typing in chat. Doubt it will work out for me. I also notice the thumb control which is used on the left hand I think for navigation I guess but I suck at controllers can barely manage my JRPGs on my PS3 which requires no precision though.

Took me a few days to learn using the G600 mouse and now I'm very attached to it.
    Chamber of Chains
    edited June 2016
    The problem with that G13 is the key layout, its exactly the same size and layout, which is not intuitive.

I rather use a Cyber Snipa or Fang which having different key sizes and layout makes it so much more comfortable.

Sadly you can only get these now in the black market and they go for around 100-150 dollars each, compared to the retail price of 25.
    That is because people who used them, can never go back to using a regular pad or keyboard and literally bought all stock available, I know I did lol...
    I am one of them and I cant live without.
    Yes I agree about the different key feels so you can hit them without looking. I can get that feel with the G600 side buttons they slant in different directions so I know exactly what I am hitting without looking.
    Chamber of Chains
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I will just throw it out there incase you haven't already made the purchase. Don't but the game, it will be F2P in a short time and you will regret your purchase.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited June 2016
    Holden what pet did you buy in the end .What pet should I get you think I doubt I will be AOE grinding just to clarify. You think bird for elites is a good idea ?
    I'm no expert, but I went with the dog simply because the other two abilities didn't seem useful.  I don't gather my own stuff (you might though), so the cat wouldn't help me.  I don't even see why I would want to find elites to be honest so no bird.

Dog can find hostile players which I figure may could come a little handy in the future when I pvp.

If you want to gather your own stuff (which you might, since you're going the pve subsystem route), then cat seems best to me.

Probably the main concern should be looks- which one do you want hanging around with you all the time?

As for the keyboards and stuff, your really really don't need them for this game.  Get them if you want but don't do it just for this game.  Like I said, my combat combo is a combination of two key presses then just one.  It's actually way more simple than say pressing 1234567 in WoW.  And it's actually a pretty intuitive system once you get used to it.
  • RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128

That keyboard is garbage. I type 80 WPM 100% accuracy, which helps with all the fishing captchas, I've yet to not get a high level fish, been using a WASD keyboard for 25+ years and all attempts to bring in a garbage keyboard like that have failed but good luck selling them as you obviously work for the company or are a fringe user of them. 

Black Desert Online is the best 59.99 I've spent in an MMORPG in 10+ years, so anyone hesitant on buying the game, don't be, get the 29.99 package if you like walking, get the 59.99 if you want to start out with a tier 3 horse which is worth it and have fun, the game is amazing.

--- Razimus

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    It'a an Asian mmo not much good to expect from that ......Better save some cash for no man sky
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    You'll get 3 months enjoyment out of it, tops. Honestly it's not a bad buy since for $30 you get hundreds of hours of game play. But be prepared to take the 3 month breaks ect, if you can stand it to go back to it at all.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Great game dude, been playing since release and just recently hit cap and was never bored. Just enjoyed the journey, and still doing new things. I suggest just a good multi-button mouse like the RedDragon M901. I love it and it's cheap.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!