Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Video] - World Interaction Technical Preview

MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240

Comments

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Yeah, that's badass.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Feels like Skyrim
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    Thanks for posting it, I'll start watching it now ^^
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    edited June 2016
    Kk well this video alone just boosted the confidence I had in SS by 800%
  • Abydos-CDDAbydos-CDD Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Awesome !
  • VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Looks great - my only concern now is the stealth mechanic. I pray to god we're no less visible than that to other people watching. I was hoping stealth would be more determined by positioning and how dark your clothes were. 

Toggle-invisibility stealth is beneath this game.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Vucar said:
    Looks great - my only concern now is the stealth mechanic. I pray to god we're no less visible than that to other people watching. I was hoping stealth would be more determined by positioning and how dark your clothes were. 

Toggle-invisibility stealth is beneath this game.
    It was the best footage they've shown so far.  Looked decent.

But, I'm with you, Vucar.  I absolutely hate that invisibility crap for stealth.  I'm now curious about that.
    Well, that, and I'm beginning to wonder if they have bothered to model any weapons other than rapiers :tongue: 
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    edited June 2016
    Not sure what is going to be funner... being a law man or a thief!!?

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    "Invisibility-based" stealth ?

Pffftt.. the use of radar-hacks will be widespread, and that type of passive hack is usually untraceable...
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    It's a first-pass on it and being pre-alpha. I'm sure it'll change. It's just the current iteration they had at the time to showcase the element of stealth.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • DrakenhoffDrakenhoff Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Also if you have read other things they probably have only put rapier in atm for testing and will do the others later

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

• ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    The person is not invisible it just shows you the player that is is in stealth mode
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

"Invisibility-based" stealth ?

Pffftt.. the use of radar-hacks will be widespread, and that type of passive hack is usually untraceable...

I wouldn't say widespread but yeah some will probably use that...

: (

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• JeromyWalshJeromyWalsh Soulbound StudiosMember UncommonPosts: 134
    Lokero said:
    Well, that, and I'm beginning to wonder if they have bothered to model any weapons other than rapiers :tongue: 

Jeromy Walsh, 
    Owner/CEO of Soulbound Studios
    ChroniclesOfElyria.com
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Lokero said:

#BTFO
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • MorwynnMorwynn Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Its funny how some of the naysayers have not even read about or understand the game yet they comment left and right. Hey SpottyGekko, um, yes you... There Is NO Radar to hack. There Is NO Mini Map either. You have to do better than that. You need to try another approach but this time please understand the game mechanics before trying to find flaws with in it.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Zultra said:
    The person is not invisible it just shows you the player that is is in stealth mode
    I was hoping that's the case.  Do you know that for certain?
  • MorwynnMorwynn Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Don't quote me on this but if I remember Stealth Mode is only a temporary state you can't stay in stealth and run all over town picking pockets. There will be thieves that do that, but I doubt they will pop in and out of steath in the middle of the town square because then you will know they are up to no good.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Morwynn said:
    Its funny how some of the naysayers have not even read about or understand the game yet they comment left and right. Hey SpottyGekko, um, yes you... There Is NO Radar to hack. There Is NO Mini Map either. You have to do better than that. You need to try another approach but this time please understand the game mechanics before trying to find flaws with in it.
    You should read up about radar hacks my friend.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited June 2016
    Morwynn said:
    Radar / ESP doesn't give 2-shits about what developers put in for a map (or lack-thereof) it reads the data-stream to tell you where things are.. this is what it does: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Z3i0W6dpjzI/VRYsBATY6eI/AAAAAAAAADE/c3XhWkvU5_k/s1600/CS-GO-CHEAT-Multi-Hack-v2.21.png

That being said while they've largely been undetectable in the past, seems times are changing, esp when things are server authoritative more and more, look at Overwatch. Blizzard are going crazy with the bans (and good on them too)

Lokero said:
    Zultra said:
    I was hoping that's the case.  Do you know that for certain?
    Asked Caspian in IRC about it and it's a first-pass implementation to show off the idea and mechanic.

I pointed out the stealth should have broken going inside into the candle-light because no matter how stealthy you are, only a blind person wouldn't see you then.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    DMKano said:
    To what extent this ends up in the final game is unknown as this is just a tech demo. 

People see a tech demo and instantly assume that the final product will be like that - heh 
    True, especially in regard to random items inhabiting the world spaces. That's hard to track and can cause all types of memory issues. That can be tough to pull off in single player titles, I can't imagine how tough it would be in a MMORPG. Hence why you don't see that type of implementation in ESO.

Most of those other things didn't seem all that hard though, many games feature things like lighting and extinguishing lanterns, opening doors etc...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson