Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wondering whether I should try / 7 day pass

coercer02coercer02 Member UncommonPosts: 53
Hey ;)

I've been roaming around on this website and youtube for months now trying to reignite my interest towards MMO. I was in love with Everquest for years but since the end of TLE I just cant seem to get into anything. I have swtor, guild wars 2, ESO.. heck I even played Warhammer online on a private server, but it just doesn't work for me :/

Oddly enough I like grind and loved it in Aion. Love open world pvp and exploring/questing and although from what I've read so far about BDO - it kinda ticks all of those points but I've also heard that the end game and pretty much the entire lvling experience is based on killing the same mob just about 3 billion times over and over again? And is there any way to turn that..flashy..lights from spells/skills off or at least so that it doesn't look like your screen is about to pop? 

I also posted in many threads about the 7 day pass but I guess it only worked when the game was released because since then all the threads seem to be dead (response-wise). If anyone got a 7 day pass trial key I would really appreciate it <3 or if you could redirect me to a reliable shop where I can buy - probably would also do; all of the websites seem a bit dodgy... or russian... :silenced: 

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I got a key from this site. Was going to give it a shot but have no desire to now, I'll private message you the key.
  • coercer02coercer02 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    DMKano said:
    Sadly a lot of the 7day passes got used by the infamous gold spammers - where you see them standing in the middle of the street in like Calpheon shouting their stupid websites.

So at this point everyone sees a noobie asking for a pass and the immediate though is - it's GoldCEO in disguise.

Yeah :/

meh. understandable. but  got 1 from Forgrimm ! Thanks a lot man! actually did not expect to get one at all. Well gonna give a game a shot afterall. 

Any class suggestions? For a complete noobie obviously.. 
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    I gave up trying to get key, So until they offer a trial I am not going to get in to this game.

• coercer02coercer02 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I gave up trying to get key, So until they offer a trial I am not going to get in to this game.
    I know the feeling. I posted in about 5 different threads (not on this website), and actually didn't expect to get one. But woah! Already downloading :proud: 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    coercer02 said:
    I know the feeling. I posted in about 5 different threads (not on this website), and actually didn't expect to get one. But woah! Already downloading :proud: 
    I would say temper your expectations or at least have them correctly aligned. 

I'm a huge fan of the game, even after downgraded my tet (+18 I believe) weapon back to a prime (+16). Oh well ...

Don't feel like you have to do certain things. That's the quickest way to lose interest in a game.Do the things you enjoy and if you feel that your progression and enjoyment are good for you then you are "good".

Don't forget to explore for the sake of exploring's sake. I've found caves and a few hidouts by doing that. It's possible that quests send you in there but I rarely do quests. However, "doing quests" in this game will help so feel free to do those that interest you.

Try a few classes out. Sometimes one will "speak to you" more than antoher.

Combat is about flow. Don't go into this and discover "mobs are easy". This is a grind game and one that is about large groups of mobs. I had a blast yesterday in an extremely packed area, surrounded by mobs that were all attacking me from one angle or another. It was non-stop fighting and, for me, was very enjoyable.

You can go into the game and look at levelign guides but that will also keep you from areas that you might not normally go. Heck, I levelled from 55 to 56 in a full weekend in "Marni's lab 2" just by running its gauntlet over and over with experience scrolls, food and the xp bonus they give you for the weekend. No one was there.

There are a lot of cool mobs and places. I strongly suggest experiencing them and not getting on the leveling treadmill "just to level".

Unless of course that is your thing then "go nuts". 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo