Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chris Roberts and Star Citizen will not be at E3 this year.

Comments

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Yeah because these gaming conventions always go so well for SC. I still remember that absolute train wreck of a presentation they did a few years ago where nothing worked and the audience was trolling them telling him to "do a barrel roll" as they all looked at a blank screen. They probably just don't want to highlight the fact that this game is still not even close to being ready after 5 years and 100 million spent. Eventually they are going to run out of money and have to shove something out the door. Even the most blinded fanboys are gong to have to start facing reality at some point. 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Yeah so no source or facts. Thank you for confirming.

So, you make a baseless allegation, and then claim it's an actual "fact" because nobody can be bothered to present counter "evidence" that YOU find acceptable ?

When you provided no evidence for your allegation in the first place ?

LMAO ! :D 
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    donger56 said:
    Yeah because these gaming conventions always go so well for SC. I still remember that absolute train wreck of a presentation they did a few years ago where nothing worked and the audience was trolling them telling him to "do a barrel roll" as they all looked at a blank screen. They probably just don't want to highlight the fact that this game is still not even close to being ready after 5 years and 100 million spent. Eventually they are going to run out of money and have to shove something out the door. Even the most blinded fanboys are gong to have to start facing reality at some point. 
    The funding campaign launched in October 2012. We're currently in May, 2016.

As for money spent, how do you know how much they've spent at this point?
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    They should just put their heads down and produce the product at this point with frequent dev journals to speak to the fans about what is being accomplished. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
    Archlyte said:
    They should just put their heads down and produce the product at this point with frequent dev journals to speak to the fans about what is being accomplished. 
    That's pretty much what they've been doing, except they're obligated to provide community content in the form of videos and interviews.
  • trionwrecktrionwreck Member UncommonPosts: 128
    DKLond said:
    Erillion said:
    >>> 650 visitors times ticket price 40 equals 26000 english pounds (about 38.000 $).

Let me remind you again as i did 3 times now.
    You can remind me another 20 times if you want and if it makes you happy.

I told you where to get a quote from the CIG event Manchester Venue for a 750 person event (=max. capacity). Feel free to write them if you want an exact number.

That quote will be verifyable FACT.

From my personal experience 38 k$  is more than enough to pay for such a venue.

THAT is an OPINION. An educated guestimate.
    Therefore no source given or needed.

You can always compare my guestimate with the quote you get from the Manchester venue and prove me wrong. Feel free to search for other venue prices online and compare it.

Anyway .... back to the thread topic .... Chris Roberts will not be at E3 ...  but WILL be at GamesCom a short while later, with a showfloor booth, a dedicated team of SC devs and something interesting and new to show. 

Personally i am happy about the decision that CIG concentrates on more game development and then a nice, thoroughly prepared GamesCom show.

Have fun

You still owe everyone a source for your thousands of backers paying for the event.

Erillion said:
    Amount of money hosting the event takes away from Star Citizen development budget:

None. ZERO. Nichts. Nada.

All paid for by ticket prices - paid voluntarily by thousands of interested backers attending the event. Operative word here being  VOLUNTARILY. As is the rest of the crowdfunding campaign. 

Have fun 

SOURCE?
    Why would he owe anyone because you're unwilling to be reasonable?

I'm afraid that's not how it works my boy.
    Because that is how it works, son. Someone claims thousands of backers pay for the event, he has to bring some source to back up his claim.

You do just the same and you don't see me calling you unreasonable, do you?

Carry on Commandos!
    edited May 2016
    DKLond said:
    DKLond said:
    DKLond said:

Ehm, you mean other than paying a bunch of developers for X amount of time to do nothing productive on a game? You think that comes at no cost for CIG? They're not working for free, you know.

How about travel expenses for the developers who're not "around the block" - and who might be essential for demo purposes?

Who pays for food and drink?

Once again, not all developers think the ROI is sufficient to warrant these expenses, which is why I'm asking who's sponsoring the attendance, since you claimed they were being sponsored.
    Hahaha, they cancelled less than 3 weeks ago. That development time for the supposed demo or trailer is already wasted. Think before you post, son.

Only Chris Roberts was going to attend. He promised that last year.
    If they're going to show the demo in a more complete state at a later event, then please explain how that time has been wasted.

Source for the claim that no other CIG people would attend?

If you're going to call random people "son", at least have the capacity to represent an authority - instead of just embarrasing yourself over and over.
    Source for them showing the demo in a more complete state at a later event?

Read the article i posted. It is the source, son.

The only one embarrassing himself is the one that can not even spell it and claims E3 is a waste of time for CIG.

Carry on Commandos!
    Oh, now it's a spelling contest?

You're getting more mature by the minute, aren't you :)

By the way, you need to capitalize "I" when referring to yourself. Just saying ;)
    Not a spelling contest just funny. Let it go son, it's really not helping you.

Carry on Commandos!
    DKLond said:
    Erillion said:
    >>> 650 visitors times ticket price 40 equals 26000 english pounds (about 38.000 $).

Let me remind you again as i did 3 times now.
    You can remind me another 20 times if you want and if it makes you happy.

I told you where to get a quote from the CIG event Manchester Venue for a 750 person event (=max. capacity). Feel free to write them if you want an exact number.

That quote will be verifyable FACT.

From my personal experience 38 k$  is more than enough to pay for such a venue.

THAT is an OPINION. An educated guestimate.
    Therefore no source given or needed.

You can always compare my guestimate with the quote you get from the Manchester venue and prove me wrong. Feel free to search for other venue prices online and compare it.

Anyway .... back to the thread topic .... Chris Roberts will not be at E3 ...  but WILL be at GamesCom a short while later, with a showfloor booth, a dedicated team of SC devs and something interesting and new to show. 

Personally i am happy about the decision that CIG concentrates on more game development and then a nice, thoroughly prepared GamesCom show.

Have fun

You still owe everyone a source for your thousands of backers paying for the event.

Erillion said:
    Amount of money hosting the event takes away from Star Citizen development budget:

All paid for by ticket prices - paid voluntarily by thousands of interested backers attending the event. Operative word here being  VOLUNTARILY. As is the rest of the crowdfunding campaign. 

Have fun 

SOURCE?
    Why would he owe anyone because you're unwilling to be reasonable?

I'm afraid that's not how it works my boy.
    Because that is how it works, son. Someone claims thousands of backers pay for the event, he has to bring some source to back up his claim.

You do just the same and you don't see me calling you unreasonable, do you?

Carry on Commandos!
    Why would you call me unreasonable? I'm your son :)
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited May 2016
    Ah, NOW I know what you mean by "thousands" and that you want a source for THAT.
    Your previous quotes did not make much sense until you posted the line from one of my earlier posts that you wanted answered.

>>>> @trionwreck ;
    >>>>>
    --> See below.

GamesCom 2015 Star Citizen event. 2000 or more participants.

http://www.stuff.tv/news/getting-close-star-citizens-multicrew-mode-gamescom

"....At a Gamescom 2015 presentation streamed live via Twitch and attended by over 2,000 Kickstarter backers, Chris Roberts – the mind behind the Wing Commander series and now Star Citizen – delivered...."

Have fun

So, you make a baseless allegation, and then claim it's an actual "fact" because nobody can be bothered to present counter "evidence" that YOU find acceptable ?

The only one claiming facts is @Erillion saying thousands of backers pay for the event.

Source?

The only one claiming facts is @Erillion saying thousands of backers pay for the event.

Source?
    You mean, apart from your claims of CIG wasting time and effort on some fantasy demo, that their attendance has been sponsored by AMD, and so forth?

Source?
    Erillion said:
    Ah, NOW I know what you mean by "thousands" and that you want a source for THAT.

GamesCom 2015 Star Citizen event. 2000 or more participants.

http://www.stuff.tv/news/getting-close-star-citizens-multicrew-mode-gamescom

"....At a Gamescom 2015 presentation streamed live via Twitch and attended by over 2,000 Kickstarter backers, Chris Roberts – the mind behind the Wing Commander series and now Star Citizen – delivered...."

Where does this say thousands of backers paid for the CitizenCon? Where does it say anything about backers paying anything for that event?

Can you not remember your own post?

I will quote it again so you remember:

Erillion said:

So where is the source for those thousands of backers paying for the event?

You need to stop trying to back pedal it's pretty obvious now, you know.

Carry on Commandos!
    DKLond said:
     I'm your son :)
    He is your father ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................

*** jumps off an antenna down into a gas giant's atmosphere ***

Have fun 
    Erillion said:
    DKLond said:
     I'm your son :)
    He is your father ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................

*** jumps off an antenna down into a gas giant's atmosphere ***

Have fun 
    He certainly seems to behave as if directed by George Lucas ;)
    Where does this say thousands of backers paid for the CitizenCon? Where does it say anything about backers paying anything for that event?

I do.

The only one talking about "CitizenCon" is you. You won't find that word in my post.

I am talking about Star Citizen backer events organized by CIG. One such events was in a location near GamesCom2015 in Cologne. It was attended by more than 2000 backers.

As in THOUSANDS of backers.

Have fun

Source?

You claimed:

... Also, (E3) attendance fee is around $30,000 for a booth and all fees. Google it.

It is by FAR cheaper than hosting your own event! 

What size of E3 booth, in which part of the venue, were you quoting prices on ?
    How do you know $30K is "FAR cheaper than hosting your own event" ?

Source ?

... Also, (E3) attendance fee is around $30,000 for a booth and all fees. Google it.

What size of E3 booth, in which part of the venue, were you quoting prices on ?
    How do you know $30K is "FAR cheaper than hosting your own event" ?

Source ?
    I suspect he is referring to THIS article w.r.t. the 30 k$ figure:

https://www.quora.com/Video-Game-Industry-How-much-does-an-E3-booth-cost

Which is a small booth ..
    the article author late in the article mentions that a larger booth can easily cost several 100 k$.

The "FAR cheaper" is his opinion and without a working internet-brain interface it will be hard to give a direct source link for his thoughts ;-)   But hey, people are working on it ....

Have fun 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited May 2016
    The facts that have been presented so far:

• An account (with a trollish name) which previously never posted here decides to share some "news" and call out @Erillion for not doing so first.
    • OP attacks MMORPG.com for being incompetent and not reporting event as "big news"
    • OP presents opinion from a "friend" stating SC/Chris Roberts have nothing to show so won't attend E3
    • OP makes claim this is first time in history a major developer skipped E3 year game is suppose to release, but provides no link supporting said claim.
    • Erillion makes claim CR told E3 guys 3 weeks ago they weren't coming, OP doubts it and requests links
    • Erillion provides links to source, OP mis-understands/ignores links saying there is no proof, again calls out Erillion for not posting "new" first.
    • OP seems to be confused around difference between corporate sponsers for an event such as E3 vs individual sponsorship of one firm of another at an event. Makes unsubstantiated claim CIG is being sponsored by another corp at E3, can't back up claim.
    • Accuses others of making personal ad hominem attacks, after making similar attacks on others all through thread previously.
    • OP accuses Erillion of lying about everything posted on the internet.
    • OP continues to dig into Erillion looking for proof, facts, etc, and accusing him again of making stuff up, when OP has no facts of his own to counter on same subject.
    • Erillion provides source of claim, not good enough for OP.
    If anything "the facts" point to either the organizers of E3 being very pissed about CIG/CR pulling out of their event, so they activated this "attack account" to bring the point to light, or someone who really has an unhealthy fascination with Erillion is using it to start a campaign (49 posts in 1 day, in a single thread) against him and SC. (assuming you wear a lot of tin foil of course)

Here's a fact....this is "not news" to me, who gives a care who attends or doesn't attend E3, or any other event.

What I do care about is, when will Squadron 42 launch, got any facts on that?  Wait, I don't plan on playing anyways, so I don't care about it either.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

What I do care about is, when will Squadron 42 launch, got any facts on that?  Wait, I don't plan on playing anyways, so I don't care about it either.  ;)

Now that's something I actually DO care about, lol

It's been a loooong time since I played any Wing Commander or Freelancer, I'm looking forward to some CR-style space drama ! :D 

I'm not holding my breath for a SQ42 release date though, luckily I have plenty of other options to keep me amused until then.
    Erillion said:

I do.

The only one talking about "CitizenCon" is you. You won't find that word in my post.

I am talking about Star Citizen backer events organized by CIG. One such events was in a location near GamesCom2015 in Cologne. It was attended by more than 2000 backers.

As in THOUSANDS of backers.

Have fun

Come on @Erillion we both know the backer event at GamesCon was FREE. That is not what you was talking about.

>>> Amount of money hosting the event takes away from Star Citizen development budget is ZERO 
    >>> All paid for by ticket prices - paid voluntarily by thousands of interested backers attending the event. 

No one paid for the event at GamesCon. It is obvious you were talking about CitizenCon but you are now backing out because you keep making things up like your a event organizer.

Let me remind you again:
    Erillion said:
    trionwreck said:

So i ask you: Why does a KS funded game need to make their own event and spend probably 100 times what E3 would cost?

No need to answer, we both know the cost argument is bollocks.

Have fun 

Come on @Erillion we both know the backer event at GamesCon was FREE.

Incorrect.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14645-RSVP-For-Gamescom-2015

"Tickets

Gamescom tickets, available below, are $20 in order to help cover the cost of the event. Event capacity is 2,000 and German law requires a strict door list, which means this event is Backers only. Registrants must be 18+. Star Citizen events are planned exclusively for Star Citizen backers! Our event takes place during Gamescom but it is being held offsite. We do NOT require Gamescom admission tickets."

Have fun
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    If E3 isn't open to the public then they have a million really good reasons not to attend this year.
    How about the millions of gamers watching the live feeds and the videos after E3? Yeah, clearly a waste of time. Also, it's open to the public this year for some events.

Carry on Commandos!
    After thinking it over a bit.  If they really have the 64 bit space working then it would be one of the biggest advantages for them to show this to developers, engineers, publishers, and journalists.  Which are mainly who will be at this event.  This would be the biggest and most talked about feat in gaming from the past 10 years.  I believe this is kind of proof they don't have what they claim to have.  I can see how showing this off to the normal public wouldn't be as effective since most of them got no clue what it is and what an advancement in gaming it is.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I could have sworn CIG didn't have an official presence at E3 in 2015 either... not sure about 2014. Was it huge earth shattering news then?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited May 2016
    Erillion said:

Come on @Erillion we both know the backer event at GamesCon was FREE.

Incorrect.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14645-RSVP-For-Gamescom-2015

"Tickets

Gamescom tickets, available below, are $20 in order to help cover the cost of the event. Event capacity is 2,000 and German law requires a strict door list, which means this event is Backers only. Registrants must be 18+. Star Citizen events are planned exclusively for Star Citizen backers! Our event takes place during Gamescom but it is being held offsite. We do NOT require Gamescom admission tickets."

Have fun
    It was voluntary as you said yourself (you need me to quote you on that also?). So where is the source then for the supposed thousands of backers paying for all CIG events especially the one in Manchester you mentioned?

Need me to link it again?
    Erillion said:
    Lets check out last years event in Manchester.

http://book.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/ConcordeCorporate

Maximum capacity 750.  Ticket price 40 Pound Sterling. 650 visitors, around 100 from CIG. 
    26.000 Pound Sterling from Ticket Sale.

That is PLENTY to pay for the venue. 

Thousands of backers, sure. Where is the source it was covered all by backers? Where is the source that 26.000 pound is PLENTY?

Nothing still as i thought. Just like your claim you are a bit event organizer.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Kyleran said:
    The facts that have been presented so far:

• An account (with a trollish name) which previously never posted here decides to share some "news" and call out @Erillion for not doing so first.
    • OP attacks MMORPG.com for being incompetent and not reporting event as "big news"
    • OP presents opinion from a "friend" stating SC/Chris Roberts have nothing to show so won't attend E3
    • OP makes claim this is first time in history a major developer skipped E3 year game is suppose to release, but provides no link supporting said claim.
    • Erillion makes claim CR told E3 guys 3 weeks ago they weren't coming, OP doubts it and requests links
    • Erillion provides links to source, OP mis-understands/ignores links saying there is no proof, again calls out Erillion for not posting "new" first.
    • OP seems to be confused around difference between corporate sponsers for an event such as E3 vs individual sponsorship of one firm of another at an event. Makes unsubstantiated claim CIG is being sponsored by another corp at E3, can't back up claim.
    • Accuses others of making personal ad hominem attacks, after making similar attacks on others all through thread previously.
    • OP accuses Erillion of lying about everything posted on the internet.
    • OP continues to dig into Erillion looking for proof, facts, etc, and accusing him again of making stuff up, when OP has no facts of his own to counter on same subject.
    • Erillion provides source of claim, not good enough for OP.
    If anything "the facts" point to either the organizers of E3 being very pissed about CIG/CR pulling out of their event, so they activated this "attack account" to bring the point to light, or someone who really has an unhealthy fascination with Erillion is using it to start a campaign (49 posts in 1 day, in a single thread) against him and SC. (assuming you wear a lot of tin foil of course)

Here's a fact....this is "not news" to me, who gives a care who attends or doesn't attend E3, or any other event.

I picked up on that too. OP responds to "Brenics" comment as not knowing what that means due to be ing a new poster, yet seems to have familiarity with @Erillion ; post history.

hmmmmmm........
This discussion has been closed.