Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kings and Heroes Launches It's Early Access Tomorrow (31st)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Been waiting for months.  <3
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I've also been keeping a close eye on this one.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    OhhPaigey said:
    Been waiting for months.  <3
    Same, this is one of the first new releases that I've been psyched about in a while.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    This game looks like it could be a lot of fun, looking forward to seeing it in action. Does anyone know if it works with VR?
  • Ronald88Ronald88 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I cant wait to play it.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Game looks mediocre at best. From what I can tell, it's all generated content with almost no story or purpose. Unless the combat and progression is absolutely top of the line, I can't see a reason to play this over the best in the genre.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    DKLond said:
    Game looks mediocre at best. From what I can tell, it's all generated content with almost no story or purpose. Unless the combat and progression is absolutely top of the line, I can't see a reason to play this over the best in the genre.
    What would you consider to be the best in this genre? 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited May 2016
    Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    If we're talking about progression/loot-driven cooperative action RPGs, I'd say Path of Exile or Reaper of Souls - depending on your preferences.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

DKLond said:
    Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    If we're talking about progression/loot-driven cooperative action RPGs, I'd say Path of Exile or Reaper of Souls - depending on your preferences.
    Just wait until NDA is lifted tomorrow. The game is a bit different than those games.
    I'm looking forward to it. Apart from the obvious change in perspective, I'm curious to hear how it sets itself apart :)
    DKLond said:
    Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    This game looks more along the lines of Left for dead or Warhammer:ET Vemintide IMO. I don't know if I'd compare those to POE or Diablo. Sure it has elements of the ARPG or Hack and slash genres. From a game-play standpoint it seems a lot different though (more like the aforementioned titles). That's just me though, I don't think I'd turn to a game like POE to look for what this offers.

Robokapp said:
    Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    What genre is this? Co-OP RPG or SPRPG or MMORPG? Let's start with that...

SPRPG it's got Skyrim, MMORPG it's got WOW, Co-OP RPG...I don't know any great ones.
    Hehe that's the reason I asked lol. I have no Idea what to consider this type of game in terms of genre.

Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    This game looks more along the lines of Left for dead or Warhammer:ET Vemintide IMO. I don't know if I'd compare those to POE or Diablo. Sure it has elements of the ARPG or Hack and slash genres. From a game-play standpoint it seems a lot different though (more like the aforementioned titles). That's just me though, I don't think I'd turn to a game like POE to look for what this offers.
    Based on the Steam description, it's a rogue-like with a large variety of items, crafting, 4 dungeon tile-sets and so on.

Sounds like Diablo with a different perspective to me, but I guess we'll see.

To me, the core of any rogue-like is the loot/character progression - and the perspective matters less. For instance, I also consider Hellgate London to be a Diablo game at heart.

But maybe that's just me.
    edited May 2016
    DKLond said:
    Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    Based on the Steam description, it's a rogue-like with a large variety of items, crafting, 4 dungeon tile-sets and so on.

To me, the core of any rogue-like is the loot/character progression - and the perspective matters less. For instance, I also consider Hellgate London to be a Diablo game at heart.

Fair enough, you may be right, like I said to Robo, I have no idea what to consider this game. I'm just going by what I've personally seen in videos, and through dev interviews when they describe the experience. what I've interpreted could be completely wrong. I'd actually be stoked if it is something along the lines of POE, as that would entail something a bit deeper than what I've imagined. The co-op elements look pretty fun to me.

Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    Distopia said:
    DKLond said:
    Distopia said:
    DKLond said:

Fair enough, you may be right, like I said to Robo, I have no idea what to consider this game. I'm just going by what I've personally seen in videos, and through dev interviews when they describe the experience. what I've interpreted could be completely wrong. I'd actually be stoked if it is something along the lines of POE, as that would entail something a bit deeper than what I've imagined. 
    Hey, I could be completely wrong :)

That's just the vibe I'm getting.

I'm getting a somewhat bad feeling based on videos, but I'm always ready to be wrong about that kind of thing - as it means a better game.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited May 2016
    Wow, hadn't heard of this game at all, looks pretty good too. Also, I loved Hellgate: London, if this is anything like it gameplay wise it is an instant buy for me. Waiting for NDA to lift and read about it!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I'll wait for the NDA to lift and probably also wait until it launches as I am sick of all these early access projects.

• wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited May 2016
    Bloodaxes said:
    I'll wait for the NDA to lift and probably also wait until it launches as I am sick of all these early access projects.
    Agreed.  I don't have an issue with early access itself.  I just wish Steam had some sort of quality control.  It seems a crap shoot with all of these Steam early access titles with the odds heavily favoring the house.  I've found some good ones, like ARK and Empyrion: Galactic survival, but there's tons of bad ones and ones that are obviously just released as a means to quick income for the dev team. 

This game looks promising.  At least its key feature isn't "retro pixel graphics!"  I'll have to do some reading when the NDA drops.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I just don't want to buy a game, spend a ton of hours playing it then it gets wiped out.

My friends played for a long time on ARK and they tried to make me join but I refused due to it being in early access. Things where going well until a patch released and a section of the map got wiped. Guess where was their base?

Yep.... That day all of them stopped playing it. Now they intend to make another try this summer and I really don't want to have that happen to me.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    edited May 2016
    Just looked at the trailer.  Looks very promising. Anyone know what time of the day it will be released? Edit: Just saw it is to release in 7 hours from now.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited May 2016
    So far four reviews, everyone of which mentions bugs and glitches.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    So far four reviews, everyone of which mentions bugs and glitches.
    Not unexpected on launch day.  Only been released for an hour... the only people reviewing will be those that beta tested it or those that had serious issues which prevented play.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018