Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

apparently there are wallkhacks and aimbots for this game out

2»

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    exile01 said:
    on the biggest chinese shopping site. With the ability to hide the every layer as streamer.
    http://2p.com/42726721_1/Overwatch-30-Aimbots-Sold-on-the-Biggest-Chinese-Online-Shopping-Site-by-Wei.htm
    Dear god why do people have to cheat );.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Renoaku said:
    exile01 said:
    on the biggest chinese shopping site. With the ability to hide the every layer as streamer.
    http://2p.com/42726721_1/Overwatch-30-Aimbots-Sold-on-the-Biggest-Chinese-Online-Shopping-Site-by-Wei.htm
    Dear god why do people have to cheat );.
    People are cheating because they feel it's a norm within that online gaming community. I firmly believe it is really that simple.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited May 2016
    So facing that, we have multi-billion-dollar company Blizzard. Which, if what that "article" says is true, has obviously already bought and reverse-engineered that bot's functions.

So I'm not sure what the point of the thread is, except that "some asshats are selling a cheating program that's going to be shut down (if it hasn't already) and will get all its users perma-banned".

So... what were you thinking to achieve here? Except of course attract even more attention on that cheating website and get people banned faster... thank you for that ;)
    Unfortunately you are slightly uninformed and very naive :)

For the uninformed part, i'd like break it to you that the costs way less in some markets, for instance it costs only 2000 rubles in russia directly from blizz ($30), which means, gray-area keys are gonna be popping for 1000 rubles very soon.

On the other hand the always cheating crowd with lots if disposable income has it's own inner circles, and invite only groups and websites for hacks, for which u need elaborate sting operations to even get a copy of it. Comparable to the tight-nit elite friend reference only torrent trackers.

It's also an endless game of cat and mouse, with neither white or black hat hackers being much better than each other and releasing hacks and stopping hacks in an endless ~2-3 weeks circles (goes completely behind the scenes with 0 coverage on any, and i mean any media)

Also there's the wild card here, it's the infamous gray hat hackers, and rich kids. A completely unpredictable part of the equation which puts the whole white-black hat equilibrium up in flames and screws up possible statistical and prediction algorithms that could tip the scales in their favor with tons of supercomputer processing power thrown en masse :) (goes both ways, what are elaborate bot-nets but ghetto supercomputers xD)

And then there's my favorite ps3 scalable supercomputer cluster requiring moderate linux knowledge (a certain CBS sentient-artificial intelligence show recently opened that idea to a larger audience :P)

You only notice the not so bright cheaters with 3rd rate cheap hacks which can't be properly adjusted or the user is again just not bright enough and vastly overdoes the auto-aim zone,flick, and delay settings (or copy-pasta scripts).

Not to mention that it takes only 1 big credit card fraud, or physical copy truck heist, to get $2 keys out there, and by the time it gets fixed by the company the cheaters have already ran through 100s of keys a week :)

Not to mention from what i've seen on that one long long forum picture compilation, most closed websites have contests, giveaways, donors, and routinely perform counter-sting and honeypot tactics to weed out potential "security personnel" fishing for hack code.

As u can see from this, all sides use various watered down version of intelligence agency tactics, and the money circulating here is HUGE, which means it's an credible "industry" on its own.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Unlike most MMOs, shooters have to be client side for most things in order to function at all in today's current technology.  Perhaps in the far future, internet efficiency and programming tech will be advanced enough that a shooter can be mostly server-side.  I don't expect to actually most of us to live to see that, myself, though.

It's not a particularly big deal in a shooter anyways cause they don't have to worry about things like global economies like MMOs do.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    But ..but..everybody says having an entrance fee stops hackers/cheaters!!! I don't understand why is this happening to overwatch!!! Who is at fault here? Must be the f2p free loaders!!! /sarcasm off
    It stops them from coming back. After the first ban round, once they have to purchase the game again, they will think twice.
    But nice try.
    Yes, because I'm sure the majority of people who cheat don't use stolen credit card info or anything, right? It's not like there's an entire black market built up around identity theft, after all. 

You probably think your car key having a computer chip in it means nobody can steal your car, don't you? Now run along, I hear there's a long-lost Nigerian prince who's looking for somebody to help them claim their inheritance...

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

edited May 2016
    Having aim accuracy in fps games server side would invalidate all and any esport contest, and lower the amount of people watching other people play to single digits, while invalidating match-making and skill groups as well, ...

In other sense it would make competitive multiplayer fps games non-existent, which would make them a freaking paradox for pete's sake (server check > multiplayer fps never gets made > nothing to run server checks for>loop)

The only way to make server checks in fps happen is to have faster than light communication server to client, or use eugenics to genetically modify all future human offspring to lack the genes that makes us competitive :P

just if you're wondering why i mentioned needing FTL communication, imagine everyone everywhere having fiber optic and light speed latency.

Ok so now imagine playing with people and/or a server  that is not in your country/pretty close to you.

You would still have decent latency/ping and that is where the speed of light comes into play, the delay will still be 100ms even in perfect conditions not 1/3 of the world apart.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    But ..but..everybody says having an entrance fee stops hackers/cheaters!!! I don't understand why is this happening to overwatch!!! Who is at fault here? Must be the f2p free loaders!!! /sarcasm off
    It stops them from coming back. After the first ban round, once they have to purchase the game again, they will think twice.
    But nice try.
    That is only for the free hacks. Hacks you pay for are normally backed up with a new copy of the game if you get banned using their product.

yes its pretty sad but its true. selling hacks is turning into a big business because companies never put a stop to it years ago when they probably had the chance.
  • patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Torval said:
    This is why consoles are better for FPS than PCs. It doesn't stop cheating, but it makes it harder and the barrier for reentry steeper.

An up front fee slows that down too.
    LOL
  • healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103
    only morons play games with Entree fees but folks will debate

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Volgore said:
    I'm sure Blizzard is lready in the process of programming a "Warden" that will again read your email-headers, browser windows, desktop foldernames etc. to prevent hacking in Overwatch.
    I hope you're joking and not this naive.  that would literally be the worst way to catch3rd party apps
    Yep, merely a potshot at their anti-botting measures back then which were rather intrusive but didn't keep a single bot out of the game.
    Ok, perhaps the script kiddies... but not those botters that knew what they were doing.

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    I have worked for EA and part of my job was to find and ban hackers and cheaters. Let me tell you once a cheater starts they will never stop. They will continue to buy the game and pay for a cheat as long as they continue to play that game. It is an addiction, they need feel like they are either accomplishing something and looking good doing it or just making someone else's day worse than theirs. I know when steam sales games cheap, they just buy 10 -15 copies and cycle through those copies and just get banned over and over because they just cannot stop cheating. 

It is an epidemic. I just cannot play FPS or any strategy games online anymore because cheaters are sucking the fun from every damn online game. At least for an MMO I can just play with friends and never have to bothered with that type of cheating.

We really need to fix it. The developers need to figure out something, bring back an even playing field, so many of us would be happier!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    healboot said:
    only morons play games with Entree fees but folks will debate

I disagree, i like paying upfront(my favorite payment model system is B2P with optional cash shop and/or optional subscription) but i don't believe entree fee can stop hacking/cheating/botting and evidence says i am right. So any company that puts up an entree fee with excuse like "Better support and service" are just lying.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

edited May 2016
    13lake said:
    Unfortunately you are slightly uninformed and very naive :)
    <snip>
    Not only you insult me, but you obviously haven't understood what I was saying at all.
    Well done.
    I think i've understood your ridiculous original idealistic post, the content of which is as far from what will actually happen in the real world as is the edge of observable universe from earth.

I'm sorry that your cognitive dissonance has made you feel so insulted, that u felt like not answering any point i brought other than the playful introduction, and instead focusing on the one part of the post which doesn't elaborate why your preconceptions about games and hacking are utterly and completely wrong.

Similar to another forum member you've :

skirted the answer, ignored 99.9% of the post, and posted an irrelevant answer ("you obviously haven't understood what I was saying at all"), while directly referencing only the part of the post which lets you not bother with the actual content of the post whatsoever.

My post directly counters and invalidates your original posts 4th and 5th paragraph, and your counter-argument is "obviously not understood what i said" ? really ? as in that's really what you're going to go with ? Elevating my light-hearted jab to insult level i understand, but the second part is as i've mentioned just, ...