Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite Tank hero?

Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 7,697
edited May 2016 in Overwatch
"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Comments

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 7,697
    edited May 2016
    Apparently, I can't create more polls. Someone will have to make the support one.

Reinhardt is the typical "tank and spank" tank, and well played he can be the "win or lose" factor of a match. I mostly play tanks in MMORPGs too, so I'm at home with him :)
    Post edited by Jean-Luc_Picard on
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,077
    If I absolutely have to play a tank, which I really hate, then I'll grab Zarya.  Unlike the rest she doesn't stand out so much that the enemy team immediately goes "KILL THAT WOMAN NOW!!" like they do with Roadhog or D.Va.

Not to mention, I got her best looking legendary skin on my first box and she has a huge honkin gun with two great fire modes, one of which has a fire arc and I love weapons that have arcing rounds.  I'm sick with judging where they will land.

Her gravity ultimate has ended the day of many teams that tried to take a point.  Oh you want that point?  Well how about you all stand in the exact same spot on it for a few seconds... Ok tracer, you know what to do here.

It's not so much that I play Zarya, but she plays me.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,233
    Roadhog is great for holding a point, his healing, high health, high dps is tough to pass up. 
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 30,412
    I love Reinhardt for his sheer bravado, that amazing shield and the ability to march enemies down. Aimed right, the dash and squish is awesome too -- though beware the edges of the map that lead to sure death. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    I love Reinhardt for his sheer bravado, that amazing shield and the ability to march enemies down. Aimed right, the dash and squish is awesome too -- though beware the edges of the map that lead to sure death. :D
    Hey Suzy, could you create the poll for the support classes (Lucio, Mercy, Symmetra and Zenyatta)? I can't create another poll for now... thanks :)

• SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 30,412
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,714
    Winston is my no1 choice character in the game. Once you know how to play it its pure CHAOS & MAYHEM.

Its always so fun to play character that brings such fear to opposing players. When you jump in and everyone starts running away ...

Winston is my no1 choice character in the game. Once you know how to play it its pure CHAOS & MAYHEM.

Its always so fun to play character that brings such fear to opposing players. When you jump in and everyone starts running away ...
    A well played Winston is a nuisance for many heroes, including me when I'm on Reinhardt. Impossible to totally protect others when the enemy is bouncing all over the place.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,272
    Rampart!

Oh wait wrong game..

Attikus... doh wrong game again

I give up....

(The answer is Reindhardt)
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 228
    No, he does not look pretty, but fun to play as hell! He even has the Scorpion line when he yanks his victim with the chain: "Get over here!", lol!

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member UncommonPosts: 1,008
    D.va has the best suppression fire in the game. And with her ult you can take out an entire team, or make them run away so your team can get into position. 

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,551
    aka Mako

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,134
    Winston

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2016
    Too bad you can't change your vote.
    Reinhardt is still good fun, but I found myself playing Zarya much more lately.
    She's very challenging to play well, and when I got the achievement where she needs to stay over 1 minute at 70%+ charge without dying, I was quite proud.

Post edited by Jean-Luc_Picard on

• moonkissmoonkiss Member CommonPosts: 17
    I have did another vote in other post. But i like Zarya as well.  It is a nice char. 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,756
    DVa is a really great bully.  You can fly in with matrix and outtrade most characters in the game at close range because of her HP.

If they do manage to "kill you", you still get a second chance with mini-DVa.  Plus people underestimate how much damage mini-DVa does with bunny blaster.

Plus aiming and "shooting" her ult into an arc in the sky is lots of fun.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,912
    I'm surprised D.Va is liked as much as Reinhardt. The later is my favorite hero in OW followed by Mercy. He is the archetype tank, very efficient and features the coolest looking armors in the game.
    Shodanas said:
    I'm surprised D.Va is liked as much as Reinhardt. The later is my favorite hero in OW followed by Mercy. He is the archetype tank, very efficient and features the coolest looking armors in the game.
    Reinhardt is the archetype tank and is basically always good to have on your team, but I find that he can't do much on his own (which is an aspect of being a tank), much like Mercy.

I do love his kit but I often do not love my teammates.  I can usually accomplish much more when I play DVa.
    Ok so after some more experience, I think Reinhardt is actually the best.  He's just so helpful to the team and a good charge or ult can totally change a fight.

Playing as Reinhardt requires the most tactical thinking of any hero imo.  Because as powerful as his charge, barrier or ult is, they are useless if not used optimally.

Rein vs Rein staredowns are intense, because you have to figure out if they're looking to charge you into a wall, or if they have an ult you need to make sure to keep your shield strong to stop it.

He's designed very well in that's he's heavily incentivized to drop the shield, even if just for a second, to firestrike to build up ult charge.

My win percentage is far higher on DVa but I think that's just because I haven't mastered Reinhardt yet.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,023
    If i have to pick, it is always the german knight. Not only does he work well on any map or situation (even a little bit too well) but he has such a adorable outlook on life. 

Also Rockethammer to the face. 

Second is Roadhog who might be my spirit animal. But i suck at hooking people, 

Tawess gaming

Tawess soapbox

This have been a good conversation

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,251
    Rein is my main go to guy.  he's more versatile than ppl think, if u play him as more than just the shirld.

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,077
    The most successful combo I've played with in comp has been Rein and Roadhog.  Hog is great for getting picks that allow the team to push and an Ana boosted Rein is goddamn OP.

On the downside, the Hogs ult kinda sucks compared to Rein, Zarya and D.va's ults which can easily result in a team wipe.  But then again, it's not as garbage as Winston's ult, so there's that.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 662
    Winston. Though I've been playing more Rein lately due to getting that sick Halloween event skin for him.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Reindhardt is the best Paladin's ripoff ever.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited January 2017
    I am 100% on the Rein pain train now.  He's the only hero I can win with consistantly.  So many Reins don't know when to go aggressive and when to shield teammates, and the ult is super strong.  If you just play Rein right you win games.

Everyone knows how to try to shoot people- but so many don't have the ability to decide when is the best time to shield, when to charge, and when to ult.  Or let alone pick Rein to begin with when he's useful 100% of the time on every single map.
    Post edited by holdenhamlet on