Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite Offense Hero?

Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,064
edited May 2016 in Overwatch
Can't make a single poll because there are too many heroes...
"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Comments

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,298
    McCree by a long shot.  Flash bang, fan the hammer, roll, fan the hammer... it will take out the healthiest of tanks.  He's the games best ambusher, not even Mei ambushes people as quickly.  Not to mention his single shots have great range and fantastic damage even if his pistol isn't a hit scan weapon.

Want to put a stop to that Tracer who keeps harassing the back lines?  Flash Bang, Fan the Hammer. The rest of your team keeping them busy?  Good heavens, would you look at the time?  It's High Noon!

However, if you can't aim, then you need not fill out the McCree Application.  He's useless if you aren't used to making every shot count.
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,064
    I like Pharah. Reminds me good old Doom/Quake rocket launcher, and as I got older my aiming isn't that good anymore, so it's a nice offense char for me.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 765
    It was close for me between reaper and tracer. but i think a lot of people underestimate reapers teleport ability.   I get behind so many people with a strategic teleport. and the amount of damage you can do to unsuspecting snipers and bastions when you get behind them is insane
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,298
    edited May 2016
    I find it harder to land shots with Pharah than McCree.  Long travel times are something that my brain doesn't compute very well.  I can compute travel arcs really well, but not time to target vs their relative movement.

I'm terrible with her.  Rockets always land where they were instead of where they are, then when I start leading the target, they stop and run the other way.
    ive been getting a lot better with pharah,  The more i fire from higher up the better my accuracy with the rockets. Stay near buildings that you can fly high and shoot at the corners of the building instead of the actual enemies,   and aim at their feet instead of them, to get at least explosion damage on them
    st4t1ck said:
    It was close for me between reaper and tracer. but i think a lot of people underestimate reapers teleport ability.   I get behind so many people with a strategic teleport. and the amount of damage you can do to unsuspecting snipers and bastions when you get behind them is insane
    Reaper is one of the several counters to Bastion when played well.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,823
    What was thought to be most boring choice : Soldier 76

This is pure 1:1 copy of BFBC 2 medic.

Its only aggressive offense character in the game. All rest are just flankers.

Its the character that can push frontline and survive. Its also only character that does not have counter.

And to make it even more powerful, he can support others as well as quite powerful healer.

Only downside is bit lower damage.

In fact there are only two self reliant aggressive attackers in game Soldier and Bastion.

When you realize Bastion can heal almost constantly , and has pretty good damage in mobile mode, its nuts.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,641
    Tracer - the face of Overwatch 
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
    I'm still mystified why Bastion is considered defense but that's not my call to make. :dizzy: 

I am utterly down with Pharah.  She is able to get away in a tight spot, can hit multiple enemies with rocket fire and she really embodies JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

DMKano said:
    is there a reason you not using the poll in either of the threads? just wondering
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Reaper is like a mix between that Scream horror movie dude and Darth Vader armed with deadly shotguns instead of light sabers! With this char, I occasionally get play of the game, not to mention he looks so damn cool :D 

st4t1ck said:
    DMKano said:
    is there a reason you not using the poll in either of the threads? just wondering

I don't believe my vote should count.
    DMKano said:
    st4t1ck said:
    DMKano said:

why not.  do you not play the game?
    st4t1ck said:
    DMKano said:
    st4t1ck said:
    DMKano said:

I don't.

It doesnt mean I can't have favorite characters right?

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member UncommonPosts: 1,008
    I love the ult of pharah.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

DMKano said:
    st4t1ck said:
    DMKano said:
    st4t1ck said:
    DMKano said:

I don't.

Quite honest for you to not vote though.
    Respect, Sir Kano.

DMKano said:
    st4t1ck said:
    DMKano said:
    st4t1ck said:
    DMKano said:

I don't.

Not at all, was just curious,  
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,590
    He is believed to be hiding in Mexico...

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,867
    I really only played Genji and Lucio. Genji was my fav. Fast range attack and effective up close DPS  plus the ability to deflect is something I got pretty good at. Great fun

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I really only played Genji and Lucio. Genji was my fav. Fast range attack and effective up close DPS  plus the ability to deflect is something I got pretty good at. Great fun
    Love killing Bastion with his own bullets on Genji.
    Well, I just love killing Bastion anyway. Gives me a nerdgasm ;)

• prizm1234prizm1234 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Die Die Die.....

• prizm1234prizm1234 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    SBFord said:
    I'm still mystified why Bastion is considered defense but that's not my call to make. :dizzy:
    put Bastion at a choke point, good luck getting anyone through

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Didn't find an offensive char that I really liked on any runaway level. Only reason I might pick anyone would be Soldier 76 because of the origins skin and wanted poster.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 323
    Tracer played well, is incredibly annoying.
  • moonkissmoonkiss Member CommonPosts: 17
    I like McCree, It looks very cool.