Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Landmark Launches June 10th

Comments

• darksaber8570darksaber8570 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    No thanks DBG broke the trust line for me..no thanks.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited May 2016
    DMKano said:
    gervaise1 said:

Your H1Z1 stats are off - the game sold quite well (mostly sales under $10 but still)

Players in the last 2 weeks: 124,833 ± 8,754 (5.12%)
    Players total: 2,389,198 ± 38,156 (98.08%)

H1Z1 king of the hill;

Players in the last 2 weeks: 335,730 ± 14,351 (13.3%)
    Players total: 948,794 ± 24,101 (37.59%)

I was using this: http://steamcharts.com/app/295110  for Just Survive

and http://steamcharts.com/app/433850#7d  for King of the Hill

and talking about the (daily) average number of players - not the same as total of course. And the average of Just Survive only - prior to the launch of King of the Kill - was "about twice" that of both current games.

(And going of the numbers on the chart rather than the Steam tables which actually give lower average numbers - so probably more accurate!)
  • BrorimBrorim Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Landmark is actually rather cool .. Player build -- everything -- . Dungeons with encounters and cool buildings with player made content inside .. It's like a very advanced minecraft ..
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    So you guys are saying the game is still crap?

I was kinda waiting for it to go out of early access before giving it a try.

Bloodaxes said:

Well .. It's not crap .. it's just different .. Very sandbox .. Free if you got a founders pack, else 10$. I do not know how much you pay for a cinema ticket but you will get a lot of quality hours in this game if you like Sandbox that's for sure ..
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Brorim said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Well .. It's not crap .. it's just different .. Very sandbox .. Free if you got a founders pack, else 10$. I do not know how much you pay for a cinema ticket but you will get a lot of quality hours in this game if you like Sandbox that's for sure ..
    I'll probably end up trying it as 10$ is cheap.

I'll wait for a bit and see just incase tough.

Bloodaxes said:
    Brorim said:
    Bloodaxes said:

I'll probably end up trying it as 10$ is cheap.

I'll wait for a bit and see just incase tough.
    If you do, make sure you do the achievements .. Gives you some ingame cash and a good understanding of the build/craft/travel/fight/dungeon crawl mechanics :)
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Wow, Daybreak is pathetic.  Clearly the last attempt to get any money out this flopped project.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I feel sorry for anyone that buys this game not knowing any better. And there will probably be quite a few of them.
  • YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Hope it dies a terrible, painful death.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    it won´t. 

At the very worst it will just be shut down But if i was to hazard a guess i´d say it will wither away slowly. 

This have been a good conversation

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    It's a shame Daybreak taking over SoE turned out to be the biggest non-news in years. They've made almost zero decisions beyond telling us EQN was vaporware, which we already knew. Seems like this company either needs to grow some balls or sell.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    tawess said:
    it won´t. 

At the very worst it will just be shut down But if i was to hazard a guess i´d say it will wither away slowly. 
    Has it not already done this?  Last I knew, even the beta testers had abandoned it.  DOA.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    It's a shame Daybreak taking over SoE turned out to be the biggest non-news in years. They've made almost zero decisions beyond telling us EQN was vaporware, which we already knew. Seems like this company either needs to grow some balls or sell.
    Not a surprise however:

CN took over SoE; renamed it DBG. Big staff cuts implemented - probably planned as part of the sale. Prior to that Sony wrote off $60M game development costs in their formal report to investors. And there had been a further 4 major reorganisations in the previous 5 years: lay-offs, game closures and studio closures. In total c. 800+ staff were shed. 

So DBG is what is what is left and given the history a sale to another company is unlikely.

So what did CN buy? Some revenue streams from the launched games; a gamble with EQN - which clearly looked better on paper and when it came down to the wire the paper promises proved just that.

And what I see CN doing now is simply turning the handle of the existing games (paid content patches) and not investing any new money in game development.     
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    About the only thing I think we will see as far as new games from DBG will be on mobile. Possibly using EQs branding.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Nice to know the date when they are going to slap everyone in the face.

Congratulations Daybreak on your pathetic attempt to make a game I guess!

I know I will never give this company another dollar.

The only reason they are launching Landmark the purpose of which was to make the now canceled EverQuest Next is to not refund the founders packs and try to get some cash from the failed project.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• loghorizon01loghorizon01 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Nilden said:
    Nice to know the date when they are going to slap everyone in the face.

Congratulations Daybreak on your pathetic attempt to make a game I guess!

I know I will never give this company another dollar.

The only reason they are launching Landmark the purpose of which was to make the now canceled EverQuest Next is to not refund the founders packs and try to get some cash from the failed project.

Looks like it. This is really sad though because the game had potential.
    Blogging here a little bit: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/loghorizon01
    You guys are way to harsh on the DBG crew .. It's not the devs fault that they get sold off to an investment group.. A lot of good people were fired but at least we got rid of smedley..

I was pissed at SOE when smedley took down swg but in all fairness DBG still have some really high quality
    mmo's going .. EverQuest 2 is still the best overall  MMO out there ( IMO ) and they work hard on that to keep it fresh. Landmark is a rather great product too even if it is a developer tool turned sandbox mmo .

If you had 100$ in Landmark because you expected to make cool stuff for Next I get it .  But looking at it
    as an investment in time and fun the 100$ is well spend. I do not believe it was the Devs that pulled the plug on Next I think it was a combination of lack of qualified staff ( after the slash ) and a CEO call ..

It's fair to be angry but to hate on a nice bunch of people doing the best with what they are left with is not.

Landmark IS fun .. It's an incredible sandbox game with Building and design, primitive but fun dungeon crawls and a lot of playermade content.. It surely is worth 10$ ..
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited May 2016
    Hearing DeyBreak games is charging a sub for Landmark made me lol hard.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Dullahan said:
    Are you serious? Man that is amazing. Any trek across that mutable landscape is a walk in EverQuest's graveyard.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • mienja99mienja99 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Dullahan said:
    THERE IS NO 'subscription' fee. It is a ONE time fee of 9.99 U.S. And it is a pretty nice game actually. Landmark is a very unique and fun game.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Darkalloy said:
    viney123 said:
    Wasted $100 back when it was first announced. Nowadays, I could care less about the game, lol.. Boo Daybreak, Boo! :open_mouth: 
    Aye, this is one of the few games I regret buying, the others being Rust, Starforge, and well now I can't remember it.
    Refund ;) 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    mienja99 said:
    THERE IS NO 'subscription' fee. It is a ONE time fee of 9.99 U.S. And it is a pretty nice game actually. Landmark is a very unique and fun game.
    I fear you are pretty alone with that opinion.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I didnt find anything fun about the horribly optimized game when I tried it some time ago.  Maybe they have changed enough that it is not complete crap at this point.  I wish them the best.  They need some cash to keep updating the two EQ games that actually exist.
  • DragonJockeyDragonJockey Member UncommonPosts: 11

It won't be free to play, as they had planned? Bah humbug.