Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Landmark Launches June 10th

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    People are still buying founders packs for this? lol
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Kefo said:
    People are still buying founders packs for this? lol
    I thought you necro'd this thread. lol
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • viney123viney123 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Wasted $100 back when it was first announced. Nowadays, I could care less about the game, lol.. Boo Daybreak, Boo! :open_mouth: 
  • DarkalloyDarkalloy Member UncommonPosts: 26
    viney123 said:
    Wasted $100 back when it was first announced. Nowadays, I could care less about the game, lol.. Boo Daybreak, Boo! :open_mouth: 
    Aye, this is one of the few games I regret buying, the others being Rust, Starforge, and well now I can't remember it.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I'm sure the 5 people who still care are excited, anyway.

Another wasted project.  Landmark could have been something pretty cool.  I definitely saw some potential when I played it, but we all know how wasted potential turns out...

Maybe with an official "launch", they'll get a few hundred people drawn in.  Whose money they can then dump into and waste on that garbage H1Z1 or something.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    So basically they don't do anything for six months, then just decide to 'release' the game, despite having done almost nothing. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Although i'm an EQ-fan, i eventually gave up following this game.
    Is there even anything such as the "latest news" on it?

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Volgore said:
    Although i'm an EQ-fan, i eventually gave up following this game.
    Is there even anything such as the "latest news" on it?
    I believe they did some type of big patch back in March or so.  I assume that was basically their last-ditch push before release.
  • feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Yeah they've done almost nothing to improve the game, in fact they've cut more stuff then they've added. Clearly a last ditch attempt by a shady holding company to squeeze whatever cash they can out of SOE's failed project. It says "launch" but t really means "We're giving up on this thing, and washing our hands of it forever".
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Well Hey! At least there is still the game that Smed said:
    “SWG PLAYERS – OUR NEXT GAME IS DEDICATED TO YOU. Once we launch it… you can come home now.”
  • Void425Void425 Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Wasn't it originally intended to be F2P when released?  Now they are just trying to suck at least 9.99 out of everyone.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Void425 said:
    Wasn't it originally intended to be F2P when released?  Now they are just trying to suck at least 9.99 out of everyone.
    That was back when it was a companion game to EQ:N. Since EQ:Next is no more and as i understand it they will shift some of the completed assets over to Landmark they need to recoup the money spent somehow. At least some of if. So for less than you spend on snacks over the weekend you can own a cute little minecraft wanabe (that does not look like arse) dressed up in a EQ cos-play. Not really the end of the world now is it. 

And it is oddly addicting to just sit there and carve out your own cave system (now it was a long time ago i played the game so it might have changed.)

This have been a good conversation

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    lol...
    I'm kind of speechless.
    I guess putting a big "released" stamp on the project is their way to claim they did their part.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Thought this game was DOA??? Are there really people that even care about this crapware?
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Now that this orphan has been pushed out into the cold. I am interested in what is under development at Daybreak Games. There did not seem to be any large-scale redundancies after EQ:N died a welcome death, nor did I see an expansion of team size on their other games. So what is happening there?
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Every landmark player should get a refund. They released that garbage with the implication of the eventual release of EQ Next . Them cancelling it out of nowhere defeats the purpose of Landmark. When it concerns Daybreak I would say vote with your feet but lets face it, everyone already did.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Now that this orphan has been pushed out into the cold. I am interested in what is under development at Daybreak Games. There did not seem to be any large-scale redundancies after EQ:N died a welcome death, nor did I see an expansion of team size on their other games. So what is happening there?
    Yup, THIS the question I've been asking over and over again this year ?

What exactly are DBG up to ?

They seem to have quite a large pool of developers for a company that appears to be doing minor tweaks on old games...

When is this development studio actually going to DEVELOP something of their own ?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Trying to get blood from a stone.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Yup, THIS the question I've been asking over and over again this year ?

What exactly are DBG up to ?

They seem to have quite a large pool of developers for a company that appears to be doing minor tweaks on old games...

When is this development studio actually going to DEVELOP something of their own ?
    Shortly before EQ:N was cancelled there were a couple of mentions of 'another project',  no details at all and still none as far as I know.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Void425 said:
    Wow, yes it was supposed to be f2p. 

This is a scam on an epic scale, from sale to "launch". I'm so glad I got my money back.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    tawess said:
    Void425 said:
    That was back when it was a companion game to EQ:N. Since EQ:Next is no more and as i understand it they will shift some of the completed assets over to Landmark they need to recoup the money spent somehow. At least some of if. 
    EQ:N was supposed to be free too... Stop man. It's over. The con is done. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    bcbully said:
    Void425 said:
    Wow, yes it was supposed to be f2p. 

This is a scam on an epic scale, from sale to "launch". I'm so glad I got my money back.
    It was also supposed ot be a companion game to EQ;N

Now they beef it up with EQ;N assets... in essecne making more of a game out of it (as far as i understand it) now time will tell if that is worth 10$ but then again... i paid more for a decent burger and a drink so how much can you actually ask for. 

This have been a good conversation

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Noo Daybreak . give us a Vanguard server ...................thx
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Maybe some people might buy it. As for it being f2p - yeah it was a $100 f2p game! And they did say that they would be looking at payment models.

I think this does three things a) revenue opportunity b) ends any lingering obligation to people who bought the founders' pack EQ development c) aligns the internal organisation to the revenue being generated. So they will have an EQ team - EQ1, EQ2, Landmark and the size of the team will be based on the revenue from those games and so on.  

New developments? The "new" King of the Kill (early access!!!) H1Z1 sold some copies - Steam peak numbers just over 20k. So presumably not a huge seller. And as far as player retention goes - based on Steam charts - it has been a disaster. The "stable" (Just Survive) H1Z1 population of c. 30k took an instant hit and and now sits at sub 5k; the new King of the Kill has a c. 8k average. Can't see there being another H1Z1.

The odd EQ content release?   
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Well this has to be the least anticipated release of 2016. It takes a lot of nerve to still be asking for money for something you invested nothing into and already canceled the whole purpose for it. This takes bottom feeding to a new low. Just when you thought no developer could be worse than $OE, they become Daybreak and stoop to new lows. This should have been canceled and all the founders refunded their money. This was not a kickstarter or a crowdfunded project, people bought 100$ founder packs because they expected a real game. I would never give a dime to this garbage developer if you can even consider them a developer at this point. They have canceled more games then they started.