Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People here are way under estimating the power of a true mmo

124»

Comments

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Kyleran said: Actually, I was around in the 70s, and this comment might be a bit hyperbolic, but isn't all that far off the mark, especially for American cars made back then.
    I guarantee you know nothing about '70s American cars.
    I an with Gestankfaust, our cars in the 70's lasted till about 150k to 200k because we did self maintenance and maintained them.  Just had to throw that out there.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Gaendric said:
    The real question is how many oldschool people could actually still fully play and enjoy an oldschool game, in it's true original form? 
    It's not even that our tastes necessarily changed, but our lives sure did.

Those games were a great fit back then when we were young and crazy with a lot of time to burn, constantly pulling allnighters.
    Now with job and family, they are not. Playtime is so short and precious nowadays.

The thing is you were able to get by just fine on a casual schedule in DAoC, sure if you played constantly you made it to end game quicker, but you didn't need to do so.

There were battlegrounds which was a mini version of end game rvr every 5 levels. Which also had a realm rank cap, that encouraged rvr minded people to just enjoy the level they were till max RR. Sure there were people who just went straight to 50 before getting into rvr but they knew what they were doing, it was their choice. 

Also, there were no quests, you just picked an area appropriate to your level and farmed it, usually in a group.  This made world knowledge much more important, as you weren't just being guided from one meaningless quest hub to another. You could pick the places that you enjoyed, or were best for you. Which made the game feel like less of a race to the finish line. 
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    I think people here have learned to be very wary and cautious about new mmo's, especially ones that are claimed to be a true mmo :)
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Iselin said:
    Some may just be overestimating that power :)
    the developers of Wildstar did
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Iselin said:
    Some may just be overestimating that power :)
    the developers of Wildstar did
    Did they overestimate or just underdeliver?
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Both