Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a refer...registration doesnt work any more

Eijin-KunEijin-Kun Member Posts: 2
image i try to registrate to try this game but i accidently put it at age 17 so now i need a referal...i try to re-register but it says ive been flagged refer me or help me please...thank you ^_^image

ERO BAKA KUN SAY DONT BE A QUITER PICK UP YOUR LITTER!

Comments

• Joel1120Joel1120 Member Posts: 624

Its saying that because your trying to sign up for the Teen Grid by putting 17. The Teen Grid is currently in beta and all positions are taken, so you'll have to wait a couple of months.

There

The only limitation in There is your own imagination!

• lollacaustlollacaust Member Posts: 2

You mean I can't register ever? It freakin' figures the one chance I get at registering for free, I can't., and I've always wanted to play SL. I doubt this game will still be around in 5 years when I'm 18 eh? no....::::16::

• nebuleznebulez Member Posts: 33
    Oh well be glad you can't get in...
  • GwynethGwyneth Member Posts: 66

Don't you worry, lollacaust, the Teen Grid is now open , and with 13 years you can join it without any problem at all :-)

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
    -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

• Joel1120Joel1120 Member Posts: 624

I still can't believe Linden Labs is unleashing Second Life's tools to teens, they're just asking for trouble.

There

The only limitation in There is your own imagination!

• GwynethGwyneth Member Posts: 66

Actually, this was discussed quite a long time, and people really took some extreme views on that. One is the common idea that you can't have a combination of adult and teenager "grid" coexisting, allowing people to freely go from one place to another. That is really asking for trouble. We may discuss what makes one people an "adult" (age is just part of the problem - you can be real immature with 40, and some 14-year-olds I have met are much more mature than several people I personally know; and I'm talking "real life" here), but, for lack of a better definition, the "legal" definition was used.

Then the question is how you can run such a free content virtual world without breaking any underage protection laws. The answer was simply: have babysitters. Lots of them. And that's what happens in the Teen Grid: it's tightly supervised by the Linden Lab employees. Content is checked (although only it has been created) to see if it is "appropriate" for the age group. Sure, you can go to clubs and dance in half-transparent dresses - after all, in real life, that's what you see at clubs that allow teenagers (at least, around my country :) ). But much more than that is simply removed from the "teen grid" and the offenders are suspended. People know the rules, it's up for Linden Lab to enforce them.

In my own experience, having teenagers under supervision in a "private island" (ie. a server which only my group can access), the control need really depends on the personalities of the teenagers involved. The ones I supervise are not so interested in "mature content" (because they know they're being watched), but simply in being creative and have fun together. As said, it's a much tinier experiment with a very small group, compared to the number of users of the Teen Grid, but it shows it's possible to do.

I'm not so sure that Linden Lab is "asking for trouble", unless you mean that they have much trouble in watching over the Teen Grid. That is quite true - they have a much larger ratio of employees over there, and their intervention there is much, much higher than on the adult grid. If they can keep that kind of control over time, well, that's really something we have to see as time goes by. So far, things are working fine. But we can only watch and see...

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
    -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08