Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest update (#8) from Soulbound Studios on Kickstarter

lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
A couple of quotes from Update 8 on Kickstarter:

The Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter continues to be a success. Today we passed 75% of our funding goal and will more than likely hit 80% by the time the devs wake in the morning. You know what that means! It's time to start talking stretch goals.

While we did have some features which had already been planned for CoE, such as Wards and Mounted Combat, we had to remove them in order to fit the "minimally viable game" into $900k. So our first priority for the stretch goals is to get those features back into the master plan.

lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Hopefully I can clarify what this means in laymen's terms.  Let's say 25% of the game was supposed to be available for launch. That's the min to get a working game and what the 900K would have gotten. That leaves 75% of the game to be added during the course of the game (aka post launch)

The Stretch goal now pulls some of that 75% that was supposed to be post launch, into the launch part. Which means they will be able to bring that 25% up, and the 75% down.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• drakeordanskadrakeordanska Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I know it's an example but your % are miles out though.

My understanding is It's more like 90% in 10% cut. 

Only reason I'm saying is cause some people might read tour post and think 75% cut wtf
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    I know it's an example but your % are miles out though.

My understanding is It's more like 90% in 10% cut. 

Only reason I'm saying is cause some people might read tour post and think 75% cut wtf
    It was just an example figure, hence the let's say 25%.  I'm not sure anyone knows the exact percentage, beyond the team itself.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• drakeordanskadrakeordanska Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I know that but I'm saying some people might take it as a fact. You would have been better using different percentages in case some people misread your post is all I'm saying
  • Azrael_AntaryonAzrael_Antaryon Member UncommonPosts: 40
    edited May 2016
    Also there is the Q&A with some examples in it, on what was to be cut, if they didn't get the funding needed for them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo5JQma3iDE