Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the game feel like a plethora of separate mini systems to you?

seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
To me this game often feels like a combination of all sorts of mini and sub systems that were all kinda smooshed together. All of the many different things you can do in the game (and there are a lot) don't seem to flow together, they aren't cohesive. Its hard to explain, but perhaps others feel this way as well?

Originally posted by Scagweed22
is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    lol you said plethora
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Ozreth said:
    To me this game often feels like a combination of all sorts of mini and sub systems that were all kinda smooshed together. All of the many different things you can do in the game (and there are a lot) don't seem to flow together, they aren't cohesive. Its hard to explain, but perhaps others feel this way as well?
    "Flow together"... I'm not sure why we'd expect everything to flow together in a world. I'm not even entirely sure what that would mean TBH... 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Mmorpgs are many mini-games, both apparent and abstract.
  • SylvrFlwrSylvrFlwr Member CommonPosts: 3
    The systems flow together nicely to me, but then again I've been around to see most of them introduced. I can see why it might be overwhelming for new players, though, especially if you tend to skip through quests and general lore stuff and/or don't socialize a lot with other players who can help you learn these systems quickly. I think what SE is trying to create is a complex virtual world with some depth and diversity of play that would appeal to a variety of gamers. There are a lot of currency and reward systems in place to allow numerous rewards for different types of play. I think it just takes a little getting used to, but in the end they allow for a more satisfying virtual world.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    filmoret said:
    lol you said plethora
    I don't get the joke
  • SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    I play this game just for one of these "mini games" lol

but they can all mesh together in on way or another, so that's pretty cool
  • LumiLumiLumiLumi Member UncommonPosts: 48
    I think most MMOs feel a little bit like tons of mini games. It really depends on what you're into.

I can imagine a new player will find the large amount of content and mini-game-like content quite overwhelming but nothing but some quests, can-do attitude and a willing to want to experience the game in its entirety will fix that.

I made an alt recently and was like "wow the game is so diff compared to launch". And it's nice :) But yeah, overwhelming O_O;