Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fragmented Game Build 16.5.2 : Largest Patch Since EA is Now Live

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I wrote this game of long ago,not a fan of pew pew guns but who knows it might be better than everything else i have seen.
    I just am just so bored of minigun and handguns,i have shot these type of guns a million times over the years,i need new exciting ideas,example combo guns like the Shock Rifle from Unreal days.Combat is the most important aspect of a game to me because it is what we do most and our weapons are the center point of the game play.

I feel the need to speak up because just MAYBE some devs around the globe realize that old boring guns is just not fun anymore,another reason i cannot get into CS:go.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Most of my play time consists of this: Get in game, harvest berries, kill things for meat, make juice and food, feed myself.  Gather a few rocks, build one thing, oops im almost out of food and drink again. Rinse, repeat.
  • chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73
    edited May 2016
    Katilla said:
    Most of my play time consists of this: Get in game, harvest berries, kill things for meat, make juice and food, feed myself.  Gather a few rocks, build one thing, oops im almost out of food and drink again. Rinse, repeat.
    Sucks that they seem to have gone down the survival sim path. I honestly like games like DayZ etc but I hate the constant search for food and drink. It seems to be their main focus. I would actually enjoy these games if they got rid of that aspect. I don't need a hunger and thirst simulator.
  • NafunieruNafunieru Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited May 2016
    Katilla said:
    Sucks that they seem to have gone down the survival sim path. I honestly like games like DayZ etc but I hate the constant search for food and drink. It seems to be their main focus. I would actually enjoy these games if they got rid of that aspect. I don't need a hunger and thirst simulator.
    Not that these games are very realistic, or any ounce of realistic for that matter, but that kinda is the point of a survival game. You need food and water to live, you need resources, and shelter. It is very difficult to survive on your own, but with the alliances that you make with other players, those things become easier to accomplish and less annoying. If you're playing these types of games as a lone wolf, then you are already headed for disappointment, because that's not how they're meant to be played. 

I say this not to criticize you guys on how you're playing survival games, but because it is the same thing that happens to me with these types of games. I tend to play on my own and get bored or frustrated very quickly with the constant need to find food and resources, just to build one thing. 
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Wizardry said:
    I wrote this game of long ago,not a fan of pew pew guns but who knows it might be better than everything else i have seen.
    I just am just so bored of minigun and handguns,i have shot these type of guns a million times over the years,i need new exciting ideas,example combo guns like the Shock Rifle from Unreal days.Combat is the most important aspect of a game to me because it is what we do most and our weapons are the center point of the game play.

I feel the need to speak up because just MAYBE some devs around the globe realize that old boring guns is just not fun anymore,another reason i cannot get into CS:go.

We have a shock rifle, rocket launcher and min-explosive electricity thingie, seen here :-1: 

https://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/news/281-16-5-2-build-is-now-live

Also flaming sword and axe, as well as electric traps and turrets ;)
    Katilla said:
    Survival is just the first step as we build The Repopulation in UE4 :)
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Katilla said:
    the issue with any survival game is once you get an established base and constantly have the ability to defend yourself there you have no real reason to leave your base and you eventually get bored and not play anymore. You see it especially in games like ark and 7 days to die , if it wasnt for pvp for example most people would find lego's boring and not log in. The food system while weak compared to other system designs to get you out of the base will probably change as they add more things to do etc.
    Oh, and here's a screenshot of the flaming axe : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682489546
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    edited May 2016
    I want a refund for my 1st tier Repopulation backing from 2012! if this is the shit they are doing with my money

edited May 2016
    I want a refund for my 1st tier Repopulation backing from 2012! if this is the shit they are doing with my money
    Thanks backing The Repopulation back then. No, this isn't what we are doing / have been doing with your pledge. You may have heard that the game had been developed in an engine and using servers that belonged to a 3rd party. That's where our backings went. That business partner had some difficulties and the dev team had to can the game that had been developed at that point, losing years for work.

All details : https://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/news/275-the-future-of-the-repopulation

So in short, we're redoing the game in UE4, and you don't have to pay a dime for it. Fragmented is a first step of this :)

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I'm a bit concerned at the tone of your post. I too pledged $100 back in 2012 and must admit, realised within six months or so that I was likely to have wasted my money. Once I really understood what the plans for the game were, it was obvious they were doomed to failure. Forced PvP pretty much guarantees that.

I've logged into the site every now and again to see if there was any glimmer of hope, so know all about the problems with  the game engine but I thought there might still be some hope of salvaging something,

However, your post infers we early backers have lost everything and yet, I've just logged into my account and it still shows I have a platinum level account and bonuses.

So what is it. Everything lost, or do I still have founders privileges when the game gets going again?
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    edited May 2016
    Thanks backing The Repopulation back then. No, this isn't what we are doing / have been doing with your pledge. You may have heard that the game had been developed in an engine and using servers that belonged to a 3rd party. That's where our backings went. That business partner had some difficulties and the dev team had to can the game that had been developed at that point, losing years for work.

All details : https://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/news/275-the-future-of-the-repopulation

So in short, we're redoing the game in UE4, and you don't have to pay a dime for it. Fragmented is a first step of this :)

I am well aware of your ability to plan or make a game (or lack there of) and the problems you have had and how they could have been prevented....I played repop when you had a somewhat playable version and tbh it was a joke.....I can tell you this much any hope this game had of making it is long gone it will never recover from a total cluster !@!$$@ One game in the recent past that had a similar issue is now dead and gone even after it came back up....GL won't be giving your company a dime EVER again. Your snobbish reply is the last nail for me THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO PISSING MY MONEY AWAY. Something that makes me even more angry is you had the time to make this shit show of a game in a already overloaded market rather then fix repop......this shows who and how you work

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I don't know if you work in PR (I'm really hoping you don't), but here's a piece of advice from someone who has worked almost every aspect of customer service: Drop the condescending tone. Even if you're right, all it does is piss people off. Royally. And you're not right, by the way. The whole fiasco could have been avoided very, very easily with a little foresight on the part of your company, so I don't blame people for being a bit harsh with you. You deserve it. 

The fact that you would condescend to somebody who gave you people $100 in good faith, only to see the project nearly destroyed by ineptitude and then brought back as some copypasta survival game has pretty much ensured I won't ever be buying anything from you people. You could barely progress with the game before, now you can suddenly create two games at once? There's no flag big enough or red enough to properly represent just how absurd that sounds. 

Good luck. You'll need a lot of it. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• windslowwindslow Member CommonPosts: 2

I don't know if you work in PR (I'm really hoping you don't), but here's a piece of advice from someone who has worked almost every aspect of customer service: Drop the condescending tone. Even if you're right, all it does is piss people off. Royally. And you're not right, by the way. The whole fiasco could have been avoided very, very easily with a little foresight on the part of your company, so I don't blame people for being a bit harsh with you. You deserve it. 

The fact that you would condescend to somebody who gave you people $100 in good faith, only to see the project nearly destroyed by ineptitude and then brought back as some copypasta survival game has pretty much ensured I won't ever be buying anything from you people. You could barely progress with the game before, now you can suddenly create two games at once? There's no flag big enough or red enough to properly represent just how absurd that sounds. 

People should research and clarify exactly what the future intentions as stated by Above & Beyond Technologies are.
    Guess it's easier to make presumptions than find out the facts.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    windslow said:

People should research and clarify exactly what the future intentions as stated by Above & Beyond Technologies are.
    Guess it's easier to make presumptions than find out the facts.
    It seems clear that those making the presumptions in this thread have already given up on Repop a long time ago. This is just an opportunity for them to vent a bit.

I'll bet there's a significant amount of backers in ANY KS project that would like a refund a year or two after they backed. Many people will back on the strength of a video they saw and/or reading 10 lines of text... 
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    wow this game is survival mode now?? cool... I was so bored with the other one. Wow someone paid 100$ for repopulation... crazy.... well at least they got paid something. I never paid anything. The game world was so small and the learning curve for crafting was so steep. Hopefully the other one has something to draw me in more.. I think survival is a good idea so I'll see how that plays out.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

Hey guys,

I'm terribly sorry that my last reply came accross as anything else than respectful and appreciative of all of our backers. I was also one of these backers (at the $100 level), well before being a team member at ABT. When I posted the above, I didn't have much time and tried to make something quick to explain things and it came out badly. I am sorry about that.

Right now, no, the original backers haven't lost everything. Yes, we cannot access the alpha servers and the original The Repopulation game. Yes, and while I don't know the inner financials of ABT, it is towards those things that went most of ABT's efforts in the last many years, so it means that includes the backing dollars and the Steam sales.

That being said, the game is being rebuilt in Unreal Engine 4 and Fragmented is the first step of that wrapped in a survival action game. Over 90% of the work being done on Fragmented will be directly re-used when the team branches the projects into their own (TR on one side and FR on the other), while still dynamicly have them impact each other throughout development and maintenance, stretching in the future.

As a long time backer, the team has to heart to honor every aspect of your original pledge/backing or your Steam purchase by, when they are ready, providing you the benefits and features agreed upon in these very backings and sales. The plan is to cover all of those. 

Meanwhile, in an attempt to compensate a bit the backers and in order to assist and accelerate the development of The Repopulation, the team has given us and released Fragmented to Early Access. I know what my opinion is worth when I say any of this, but I think its a pretty good, solid survival game for this state of development and I suggest you give it at least a shot, whether you were a fan of TR or a fan of the survival genre.

That being said, the team do understand that people are pissed off at what happened and the skpeticism about the project going forward. I think decisions have been made that were the best in hindsight at the time and for sure, no one will argue that some of these did turn out with an outcome no one wanted. I don't think I've met anyone more sorry and with a bigger drive to make things right than the lead team in this project, right now.

At this point, with the way things went down, I don't think there isn't much more that the team and the backers could lose and I sincerely hope (and believe) ABT can manage to pull this off and eventually deliver something to us all, something of which we'll be proud as original backers of The Repopulation.

Thanks,