Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LiveActionRPG-LARPGs viable for VR?

AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
edited May 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
Some time ago I posted about live action RPGs and if they could be a new thing. With the rather recent emergence of "VR" devices I would like to ask again: With some professional choreography, do you think that this could be made into a viable game (type)? If you don't know what RLFPS are then please youtube "RealmPictures" for examples.

Sure those examples are for one person only but if we would merge all those experiences then I guess we could create a personalized real life fps. Whatever choice you make there is a RLFPS interaction. You say "go left" and the char/game offers an option for that command. So to be honest, who wouldn't love a movie with real life graphics with 100% interactive operations?

Disclaimer, yeah, sure... I invested a few *peep* dollars into various projects trying to make VR RL as good as possible. So yes this question is based on ROI but it is also asked by a first gen MMORPG gamer and a huge fan of 2nd gen FPS , AvP, and 3rd gen FPS games like UT2k4. Loved playing those world champion tourneys.

So never mind if those games are possible, would you play a game that reacts to your voice input? Something like an interactive twitch stream.

edit: Interactive Hitman behind the scenes (hate the post, admire the dedication of the team):