Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This gameplay footage was before they raised 1 dollar.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
edited August 2016 in Star Citizen
This is not a cinematic trailer they claimed it was the game engine itself.  So this conversation is back to square 1 and the pie that everyone fed me is tasting like poop.


IDK what exactly to say other then the title.  They had this much before they even raised 1 dollar.  



Start at 1:20 This is the cinematic trailer.



Then this picture of gameplay before even then.

Image 172600 original

Lots of usefull information from the Kickstarter Campaign that well cannot be denied or explained.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

Scroll all the way to the bottom for beginning and well keep scrolling up to see what was promised at what price ranges.  
Are you onto something or just on something?
Post edited by filmoret on
«134

Comments

  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    As far as the 'gameplay' goes, a lot of that seems very much like pre-rendered so I'd not claim it was gameplay. It could easily just be a cinematic relating to the game. It doesn't 100% mean it was, but I am leaning much more that it is. 

    Don't get me wrong either, I am the type that is completely sketchy about the whole Star Citizen funding situation (the money they are getting and what they are doing to get it just makes me cringe, and I can't help but feel they are doing a Tim Schafer and burning away the funding carelessly, though hopefully they at least complete their project even if they are carelessly handling money) but this just doesn't really show much.
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    They are making a game and your point is....???
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,236
    filmoret said:
     gameplay
    What you linked from the GDC and via the Kickstarter SC homepage ....

    its titled "Squadron 42 CINEMATIC long trailer 1080p"

    Operative word being : CINEMATIC. As in ... NOT in engine gameplay.

    To me that means a pre-rendered promo trailer at the start of the Kickstarter campaign.


    Have fun
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited May 2016
    Ok my bad it does appear to be some sort of cinematic.  So here is the real gameplay from 2012.  This was made before they raised any money at all.



    What we have now seems to be a polished version of this.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

    They are making a game and your point is....???
    To educate some of the fanboys and trolls so we might be able to have decent conversations about this project.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Project development is dead in the water right now, lacking the technical expertise to modify the engine so as to be capable of being half the game that was pitched in the original kickstarter. So much more "back end" is needed, it's senseless to add anything to this "hat box", "spaceship sales room floor", 2.x they're calling an alpha. You can add stuff to it, but there's no point, only for show in this temporary iteration. Everything will change, being reallocated within the software, once the engine is "improved". That "thing", even featureless, I'd meet half way and call an alpha.

  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    They are making a game and your point is....???
    Well honestly to me it looks like the point is 4 years out and we are still at the same place with a few extra social areas built. Plus dogfighting and races too.

    I was not aware of the gameplay video from 2012. I can kinda see why some are getting worried now. Not silly "game is DOOOOOOMED" worried like some but honestly worried that something is wrong.

    Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.


  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    bartoni33 said:
    They are making a game and your point is....???
    Well honestly to me it looks like the point is 4 years out and we are still at the same place with a few extra social areas built. Plus dogfighting and races too.

    I was not aware of the gameplay video from 2012. I can kinda see why some are getting worried now. Not silly "game is DOOOOOOMED" worried like some but honestly worried that something is wrong.
    You are spreading fear, uncertainty, doubt. If I had the ability, I'd hand you an RSI infraction.
  • rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 140
    filmoret said:
    Ok my bad it does appear to be some sort of cinematic.  So here is the real gameplay from 2012.  This was made before they raised any money at all.



    What we have now seems to be a polished version of this.
    There should be way more at this point that what is available.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    filmoret said:
    Ok my bad it does appear to be some sort of cinematic.  So here is the real gameplay from 2012.  This was made before they raised any money at all.



    What we have now seems to be a polished version of this.
    Then we are playing different alpha builds. Because what i have on my SSD is much more than just a polished version of what you linked.

    Btw, which alpha build are you playing ?
  • Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    The "Game play" footage you've linked here is an early demonstration of Squadron 42 not Star Citizen.

    Also you have to consider the fact that since that time span.. they have been developing two games simultaneously with hopes that one (Squadron 42) will integrate seamlessly into the bigger picture which is Star Citizen. 

    Now how this all plays out in the end I don't claim to know but here's what I do know.. this is not a process that has been attempted before.  Secondly this is not something that can be achieved overnight. 
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Adjuvant1 said:
    bartoni33 said:
    They are making a game and your point is....???
    Well honestly to me it looks like the point is 4 years out and we are still at the same place with a few extra social areas built. Plus dogfighting and races too.

    I was not aware of the gameplay video from 2012. I can kinda see why some are getting worried now. Not silly "game is DOOOOOOMED" worried like some but honestly worried that something is wrong.
    You are spreading fear, uncertainty, doubt. If I had the ability, I'd hand you an RSI infraction.
    Nice try. I am not the Whiteknight you are looking for. I have always said their are real issues plaguing this game. I just don't jump through the mental (take that as you will O.o) hoops to make every little set back look like the ELE that, BTW never came.

    Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.


  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Strizzy12 said:
    The "Game play" footage you've linked here is an early demonstration of Squadron 42 not Star Citizen.

    Also you have to consider the fact that since that time span.. they have been developing two games simultaneously with hopes that one (Squadron 42) will integrate seamlessly into the bigger picture which is Star Citizen. 

    Now how this all plays out in the end I don't claim to know but here's what I do know.. this is not a process that has been attempted before.  Secondly this is not something that can be achieved overnight. 
    Tertiary, this is something CIG may not have the personnel to finish, nor may they ever have had, or imagined to have.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,236
    filmoret said:
    Ok my bad it does appear to be some sort of cinematic.  So here is the real gameplay from 2012.  This was made before they raised any money at all.



    What we have now seems to be a polished version of this.
    For comparison here is an Alpha 2.3.1. Super Hornet gameplay



    Dogfight certainly seems to have sped up since then.


    Have fun

  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Yes the current gameplay is looking a lot like the cinematic trailer.  Which I assume was the goal.  I didn't know they had anything when the kickstarter launched.  Someone mentioned sq 42 as different which it really isnt different at all.  SQ 42 is the same thing as the persistant universe but will missions and cinematic cutscenes.  They use the same models, engine.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    filmoret said:

    They are making a game and your point is....???
    To educate some of the fanboys and trolls so we might be able to have decent conversations about this project.
    First, great name calling, this site really likes posters like you...

    Second, what conversation are you trying to have? A 4 year old cinematic video and a post entitled "...gameplay..." and we are meant to have a decent conversation when you start out by misleading everyone from the get go. 

    Please, you really need to sharpen up your conversation skills. 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited May 2016
    nvm...
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:

    They are making a game and your point is....???
    To educate some of the fanboys and trolls so we might be able to have decent conversations about this project.
    First, great name calling, this site really likes posters like you...

    Second, what conversation are you trying to have? A 4 year old cinematic video and a post entitled "...gameplay..." and we are meant to have a decent conversation when you start out by misleading everyone from the get go. 

    Please, you really need to sharpen up your conversation skills. 
    There I fixed the OP just for you.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DrakmarDrakmar Member UncommonPosts: 22
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    filmoret said:
    [...] SQ 42 is the same thing as the persistant universe but will missions and cinematic cutscenes.  They use the same models, engine.
    CR told us the opposite > Models and further engine mods will not be compatible from SQ42 <> PU

    When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,236
    filmoret said:
    [...] SQ 42 is the same thing as the persistant universe but will missions and cinematic cutscenes.  They use the same models, engine.
    CR told us the opposite > Models and further engine mods will not be compatible from SQ42 <> PU
    Could you link the source of this information please?


    Have fun
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    filmoret said:
    [...] SQ 42 is the same thing as the persistant universe but will missions and cinematic cutscenes.  They use the same models, engine.
    CR told us the opposite > Models and further engine mods will not be compatible from SQ42 <> PU
    The original product model was advertised to have a "drop in, drop out" aspect of the SQ42 content to the persistent universe. Later, when CIG realized they were still so far from releasing SC, spokespersons said, basically, they're doing SQ42 with what engine they have, SC will be far different/better. This was discussed in the past, too, and people kinda brushed it aside.

    I have no idea how they intend to reconcile it. My understanding of the project is different than many, even in the anti-fan side, because I'm convinced SQ42 will release stand-alone on PS4, and that's not in line with any of the PC master race propaganda, nor with the SC SQ42 compatibility.
  • jrworden1976jrworden1976 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    As a current and active member of this game in development I can't see why everyone is complaining about.... the game is in development... which means not finished. More then likely it will be another year or two before the game when its release working at 100%. Even World of Warcraft wasn't 100% when it hit the market. SQ42 is the single player run for the game, and more then that they want it to be special. Which would stand to reason why it will take longer to complete. I am willing to wait for the finished product no matter how long it takes and continue to back the community until such time as its finished if ever. I am just glad someone is actually making a game of this scope especially as an independent. You know that none of the current IP's (Blizzard, Daybreak, Zenimax, etc) would never make a game on this scale, they would be too worried about people complaining about it not looking as good as they believe...... oh wait..... that what is happening. Oh silly me for thinking people could actually be happy with a alpha/beta not looking like a finished product.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,236
    In SQ 42 you earn your Citizenship through military service. A bit like in Starship Troopers. Being a Citizen via achievements in SQ42  grants some benefits in the Persistent Universe (details still in discussion - being able to vote is one of them). 

    SQ42 on PS4 directly contradicts all currently available information. Chris Roberts repeatedly said it will NOT be a console game due to technical limitations of the current generation of consoles. 


    Have fun
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Erillion said:
    In SQ 42 you earn your Citizenship through military service. A bit like in Starship Troopers. Being a Citizen via achievements in SQ42  grants some benefits in the Persistent Universe (details still in discussion - being able to vote is one of them). 

    SQ42 on PS4 directly contradicts all currently available information. Chris Roberts repeatedly said it will NOT be a console game due to technical limitations of the current generation of consoles. 


    Have fun
    It was said "Star Citizen will be on PC". Nothing was said about SQ42.

Sign In or Register to comment.