Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Duskwood in Unreal 4 (early build) - World of Warcraft

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageDuskwood in Unreal 4 (early build) - World of Warcraft

DISCLAIMER: This entire hobby project of mine is not a complaint that WoW looks bad or my opinion on how WoW should look. I know, and I agree, that the artstyle WoW currently has is awesome and fits the game 10 times better than this would. That is not the point of this at all, this is just me having fun in Unreal 4. Music: "Duskwood" ©2004 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. World of Warcraft, Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizz

Read the full story here

Comments

• MGTOWMGTOW Member CommonPosts: 5
    That was sick, well done!
  • tjchaostjchaos Member UncommonPosts: 11
    love it:D
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    My son is a graphic snob and turns his nose up to games like WoW. (I'm not sure he is really my son anymore). If this was actually how the game looked, he would play all the time. Awesome job.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    What is this? Just some person messing around?

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    This is just awesome, taking the graphics to the level they should be by now.

But keep in mind that the sound of these clips also adds alot to the WoW-feeling here.
    Without sound or with a different tune, you probably wouldn't recognise the environment at first and likely ask what game this is.
    Straying from the cartoon graphics does in fact take alot of the WoW from WoW. Not to say that this is a bad thing..but i can see why many diehard fans insist on keeping the visuals as cartoony as they are.

• AlexRacerAlexRacer Member UncommonPosts: 43
    This is insanely good, what a hobby. Good job brother!
  • Kraevyn60Kraevyn60 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    This was amazing.Someone with your skills should be working for Blizzard to show them how to do a proper graphic upgrade!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited April 2016
    Make it so. edit - This is what Cataclysm should have been :(
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    One of my favorite zones from vanilla WoW. Best quest-lines too.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    makes me want to play a first person only wow.
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Great job! Duskwood was always one of my favorite zones. I've rolled several Alliance alts just to play through it.
  • sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68
    This looks way better than wow and in awesome style! nice man! :)
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    edited April 2016
    Amjoco said:
    My son is a graphic snob and turns his nose up to games like WoW. (I'm not sure he is really my son anymore). If this was actually how the game looked, he would play all the time. Awesome job.
    For real....if you went through that human's newb questing zone and you see cardboard plated trees+branches with 1995 graphics in a 'premium' mmo......can't you blame them for laughing at the graphic's engine? I would love to see the Durotar plus Undead starting zones plus that Blackrock Mountain zone in the UT4 engine.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Forgrimm said:

One of my favorite zones from vanilla WoW. Best quest-lines too.

Same here. Got ruined in Cata.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I totally disagree with the authors notion that Wow looks good and fits it's theme.IMO Wow has and always looks BAD,not even remotely acceptable,it looks like amateur graphics/textures and even the models just waddle on limited axis.Imo the only theme Wow graphics fit is to look like an Indie project which in essence is exactly what Wow was,it was Blizzard's attempt at copying EQ.

This Unreal engine transformation makes Wow look 300% better and would definitely have encouraged myself to give it more a chance when it first released.Howver i did not delete Wow during the first week on graphics alone,i felt the game simply was half as good as EQ2 so felt Blizzard did not warrant my money or time when i could play a better version of a similar design in EQ2.Perfect example is lighting,Wow ...what lighting,it really looks like amateur work.
    My only point is that ANY engine not just the Unreal engine would have allowed for a better looking Wow,MANY engines can handle higher res and larger textures,you also need the developer to produce the actual higher quality textures and models.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I would play WoW with this graphics on anything else out there. Not even quadriple A mmos.

beLIEve

• demodardemodar Member UncommonPosts: 63
    You have some real talent