Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Economic Failcascade Averted

H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
So an article appeared on PC Gamer recently that had a few choice quotes which I thought were very interesting.

The Article

“You could say that almost the entire universe was at peace, in a way. There was no conflict. There was a huge entity and no one capable of bringing them down, so there’s this huge stalemate in the entire economy."  - CCP Quant

"... the economic engine was slowing down. This is really bad for us. When it slows down, activity goes down and people get bored. If there isn’t anything to do in the game, they’ll just go to other, more interesting games.” - CCP Quant

“Seeing a war like this brew now, and seeing so many entities come together to bring down a superpower... it’s just an absolutely perfect storm for us. If I wasn’t working at CCP I’d be putting my tinfoil hat on and speculating that this was all engineered by CCP!”  - CCP Quant

What I find interesting is that he admits the economy was on the verge of failcascading based around PLEX prices, but then suddenly a multi-alliance conglomerate, got together to start pushing the major power base out of their territory.  This has spurred the economy and essentially saved the game at a critical moment.

Then he turns around and says "Nope, we didn't jump start this war!"  Which is amusing because I've been saying for a month now that it seems awfully suspicious that a couple dozen alliances, who really never liked each other, all got together and started fighting the biggest alliance in the game.

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Are you a Goon or something...?
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Gdemami said:
    Are you a Goon or something...?
    Not at all.  In fact, up until just recently, I was in one of the alliances currently pushing goons out of their space.
  • emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    This was a long time coming, it's not sudden at all. This is the inevitable result of the Mittani's hubris.