Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So PvE players are just suiciding and using alts........

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
edited April 2016 in Black Desert Online
 .....to extent play time till they inevitably quite. Working as intended?

Seriously what is the future of this game if so many people plan to quite or avoid the game all together due to the design choices of Daum? I have no problem with PvP (I play all aspects of a game) and enjoy a good fight, though I can understand PvE players dilemma here. The gate quest is off, and no where on the main site does it state "be ganked at 45" as a selling point.

This game is sorta like a Venus fly trap for PvE players.  They want to compete against the environment only and do the crafting side of the game; but in the end their immersion will be broken by toxic players who only want to drink their tears. I have no problem with the level 50 gate quest being fixed and I do not think it will destroy the game like some people suggest. Telling people to just go play Farmville; or calling them Carebears like I have seen is for the most part...toxic and will destroy a community, yet it is allowed to persist by their moderators. Will this game go down in flames in a year?

• Should Daum fix this before they lose this PvE playerbase or keep it as is? (turning the gate quest back on, toggle for PvP or separate servers)
  • Should PvE players just deal with or move on?
  • Are PvE players important to games like this in general? why?
  • Are western gamer as bloodthirsty as Daum thinks?  

discuss.

(Edit) seems as if no one knows if the change was intended to remain this way or not
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/77234-is-there-an-official-post-somewhere-about-why-they-changed-pvp-to-45-from-50/&do=findComment&comment=988704

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Post edited by Tiller on

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I wish the pvp started at level 1. 

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    What they should do, and has been wanted for a long time, is put in the quest at level 49 fromt he black spirit, that if you finish it you can get level 50 and pvp, if you don't , you stay level 49 for ever. Pve people are happy, pvp people are happy. I myself have my main at level 43 at the moment, but Artisan 3 in Training because I love to train and breed horses. I don't want to pvp with her because the chances of having my horses killed. But, I want my new Plum to be able to pvp. So it would be nice to have a choice.
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    IMO, they will slowly change the mechanics to cater to the PVE crowd. They know its PVE that got them all the revenue they never dreamed of.

So many good design choices were made in this game, that I am fully confident they will deal with ganking stuff properly. 
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Get some friends, quest together, fight the bad guys off....profit?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    If the amount of griefing can be kept to a reasonable level, I don't see it as much of a problem. I have yet to see a lot of complaining. If it does become a problem I hope Daum can react in a quick and intelligent manner.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Griefing does happen but, so far, it's been very rare.  I've been attacked once and the group I was with made short work of the ganker.  I don't think he realized I was with a group.  For reference, I've been playing since early access and am just short of level 52.  I've been 50 for a while just taking my time with the extra levels.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Griefing does happen but, so far, it's been very rare.  I've been attacked once and the group I was with made short work of the ganker.  I don't think he realized I was with a group.  For reference, I've been playing since early access and am just short of level 52.  I've been 50 for a while just taking my time with the extra levels.
    Pretty much this.

I've been pk'ed by groups 3 times since I started. 

not a big deal I just switch channels if I'm on a quest or go to a different area. Another choice would be to drag guild members into a fight but why?

I really wish people would play the games that they are able to play and not join games that have rule sets they don't agree with. Once again, the players do it to themselves.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It was dumb and short-sighted decision to change this part of BDO that is standard everywhere else except for our localization. And just as bad to delay implementation of the real PVP:  Guild vs. Guild node wars.

And extra lame how CM_Jouska dodges the legitimate questions about PVP with misdirections about server load.

The game as designed and released has that 49.99 option that gives anyone not interested in PVP an option. It was a good design and there was no need to change it.

The best the defenders can come up with, when they're done insulting anyone who doesn't agree with them, is how 49.99 players will gear up and then go "grief" the PVPers by stealing their grind spots lol. Talk about reaching to pull arguments out their ass.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I thought it was pretty well known that there is open world non-consensual PVP in this game? PVE players knew what they were signing up for. I have no sympathy for them. It's the same story in EVE. Everybody knows that there's PVP, and yet PVE'ers rage endlessly about losing their mining ships or shiny mission ships. 
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Lol, but but but This game....... nm
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Eadan1 said:
    "Toxic players who want to drink their tears"

It seems like PvE players are the toxic ones if they don't play the game as intended.
    http://www.classicalite.com/articles/30912/20151106/5-types-toxic-gamers-handle.htm

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

I thought it was pretty well known that there is open world non-consensual PVP in this game? PVE players knew what they were signing up for. I have no sympathy for them. It's the same story in EVE. Everybody knows that there's PVP, and yet PVE'ers rage endlessly about losing their mining ships or shiny mission ships. 
    Actually no. You had to be very clued in and on top of changes to know that they had gotten rid of the level 49 PVP enabling quest at the last minute with little to no notice.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MuktukMuktuk Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Get some friends, quest together, fight the bad guys off....profit?
    Waste time spamming LFG to find some "friends", wait for them to go pee and take a smoke break, carry them for the rest of the night ... profit?
    There apparently was a quest that one had to do in order to get to 50 and then be eligible to pvp.

The idea was that people who didn't want to pvp would just not do the quest. for some reason the quest is sort of in the game but "not really". Everyone is automatically eligible for pvp at 45.

However, that quest was not very well known and for the most part the game has been advertised as having a heavy pvp portion.

It's not that big a deal to be ganked and it doesn't happen very often. I can see how it can be annoying but what does it really take to roll one's eyes and move your spot or channel?

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Lol, move to a different channel, what does this game want to be , a pve game or pvp, or a well, crap game. I know my answer.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Sovrath said:

However, that quest was not very well known and for the most part the game has been advertised as having a heavy pvp portion.

I wasn't following the development all that closely and I knew about it. They also promoted the Karma system. The system that CM_Joskua is harping about causing such bad server problems lol... pretty easy to tell how he wants to change the game.

Both the 49.99 quest thing and the Karma system were designed to give some comfort to PVErs and even those PVPers who still believe in old-fashioned concepts such as honorable fights and strategic group PVP instead of just anarchy murder simulators.

The bother of being ganked, which I agree is really a minor thing and no biggie, is sort of beside the point in the case of BDO because they were clearly catering to PVErs and more casual PVPers with the Karma system and level 50 quests.

I can't give them a pass on the advertising. At best they were sending mixed messages.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Eadan1 said:
    "Toxic players who want to drink their tears"

It seems like PvE players are the toxic ones if they don't play the game as intended.
    If PVE players did the research of this game they wouldn't have wasted money on it. It seems like every Korean mmo have this type of PVP at end game. But they got caught up in the hype.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Hariken said:

If PVE players did the research of this game they wouldn't have wasted money on it. 
    Research as in finding out that everywhere the game exists the level 49 PVP-enabling quest exists and existed in ours until they quietly changed it somewhere between CB1 and CB2? You mean THAT research? :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    I knew this was pvp focused game therefore it never crossed my mind to play it.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:

I wasn't following the development all that closely and I knew about it. They also promoted the Karma system. The system that CM_Joskua is harping about causing such bad server problems lol... pretty easy to tell how he wants to change the game.

Both the 49.99 quest thing and the Karma system were designed to give some comfort to PVErs and even those PVPers who still believe in old-fashioned concepts such as honorable fights and strategic group PVP instead of just anarchy murder simulators.

The bother of being ganked, which I agree is really a minor thing and no biggie, is sort of beside the point in the case of BDO because they were clearly catering to PVErs and more casual PVPers with the Karma system and level 50 quests.

I can't give them a pass on the advertising. At best they were sending mixed messages.
    I was followign the game and never heard about it. Not until someone mentioned it on these forums.

I find it hard to believe that a majority of players knew about it when buying the game. 

Though, truth be told, I find Daum's advertising of the game/their representation rather poor.

I would say that the karma system should be a lot harsher.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    No PVP system is perfect or universally liked. Personally I enjoy the drama and anguish PVP causes. The frustration and helplessness people feel is so sweet to me. The hatred and alliances that form out of PVP is what mmorpgs are all about in my opinion. I'm not saying BDO's system is good at the moment either, but lets not tame the beast which is PVP too much. I agree with the Karma system points made so far but I'm always Leary of too many adjustments.