Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resubbed to WoW

FroopinFroopin Member UncommonPosts: 13
So after mulling over it for a while, I have resubbed to WoW. Although I did log on a few years ago and levelled my Druid up to 85, I have not played it for any length of time since the Burning Crusade days really.....

So I log in and find I have no clue what I am doing any longer hehe. So decided to bite the bullet and just roll a new toon. Decided on a Mage and have to say I am loving the game again. Only early days yet, but have to say the game has lost none of it's charm, at least in the early levels, for me. In fact I would say absence has made the heart grow fonder :)

Looking forward to progressing and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

One question though please... I have rolled my toon on my old EU server Doomhammer. Does anyone know if there is a healthy population here or should I move to a different server?

Comments

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I think most, if not all of the servers are Cross Realm now, meaning that players from two or three servers play in the same areas.  I'm not familiar with the population of the EU servers.  I play on a low population NA server.  I raid with a team on a high population server.  When they invite me I phase from my server to theirs, going from a few people hanging out outside the entrance to the most current raid on my server to over a hundred people waiting outside the same entrance on the populated server.  If you like long ques at expansion launch and competing for resources, then head to a more populated server.  If not, then stay put.  Best wishes and welcome back!
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Froopin said:
    So after mulling over it for a while, I have resubbed to WoW. Although I did log on a few years ago and levelled my Druid up to 85, I have not played it for any length of time since the Burning Crusade days really.....

So I log in and find I have no clue what I am doing any longer hehe. So decided to bite the bullet and just roll a new toon. Decided on a Mage and have to say I am loving the game again. Only early days yet, but have to say the game has lost none of it's charm, at least in the early levels, for me. In fact I would say absence has made the heart grow fonder :)

Looking forward to progressing and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

One question though please... I have rolled my toon on my old EU server Doomhammer. Does anyone know if there is a healthy population here or should I move to a different server?
    I'd be curious to get your thoughts after you've played for a month or two.  And a word of advice; don't waste a second of your time on crafting.  I hope that aspect of the game wasn't important to you at all because it was completely destroyed with the last expansion.
    Crafting in Legion looks to be more important, so it'd be worth leveling crafts if he plans to play Legion. 
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Ive been playing since beta and loving every minute of it (still). :)
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I also reinstalled. The expansion is only $10 now so figured I'd see what it was like.

Smile

• FroopinFroopin Member UncommonPosts: 13
    KalebGrayson. Very much appreciated and exactly the kind of thing I need to know :)

SedrynTyros about how I get on. Yes I do enjoy crafting and do plan to play on in to Legion, have pre-ordered it.

simsalabim77, pleased to hear crafting may be useful in the future so I will level tailoring and enchanting :)
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Level tailoring/enchanting the same as usually, so you can make bags and help you make money (like in every expansion). Garrisons help you make a lot of money passively too, so getting whatever token price is per month can be done pretty fast even on a single toon. However, dont worry about crafting till you hit Draenor, since its a lot easier to level it then versus before (might not be the easiest with one character, but it gets easier the more characters you level).