Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview with Daum Regarding Valencia/New Classes/Balance

JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,351
New Classes Ninja and Kunoichi won't see a May release and have been pushed back "a little bit". It is safe to assume June/July or Fall 2016 at the latest for these classes I'd say. Apparently they need more balance tweaks even in Korea right now, and won't be introduced to NA/EU until after that.

Valencia region is set to release in June and this is the "Black Desert" region which is quite a bit larger than the Mediah update. It will be released in three stages.

Awakening Weapons are going to be introduced around the same time for all classes except Witch/Wizard at this time.

+20 enchantments are on their way as well, however Daum made it clear they want the NA/EU to include less of a gear disparity than Korea which they claimed is more "extreme". So they are working on how best to add this.

New Female Only Dark Elf Class is being developed, no word on a release and still no word on a male counterpart, but it is certainly a possibility.

Full Article:
http://black-desert.com/news/interview-with-daum-games/
Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile

Comments

  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,351
    DMKano said:
    +20s in Korea are just about in "god-mode" compared to +15s - it is extreme. If you don't have ridiculous accuracy you can't even land a hit on them.

    Glad to hear they are going to tone that down.

    I am excited for awakenings - as it will bring some classes like Berserkes from current "shit-tier" to actually being able to hold their own in PvP. 

    Can't wait for the first qq once zerkers start to down Sorcs/Rangers and Wizards - haha, they're gonne be like "what just happened... I got killed by a ... bersker????"

    Fun times ahead!
    Yeah good news indeed. I was worried about the +20, I am not always a fan of the "infinite progression" type games where players can be simply godly. We'll see how it turns out over here. And I am certainly happy for all the people who will benefit from class balance with Awakenings.

    No word on fixing those exploits though, we can dream haha.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,732
    JDis25 said:
    DMKano said:
    +20s in Korea are just about in "god-mode" compared to +15s - it is extreme. If you don't have ridiculous accuracy you can't even land a hit on them.

    Glad to hear they are going to tone that down.

    I am excited for awakenings - as it will bring some classes like Berserkes from current "shit-tier" to actually being able to hold their own in PvP. 

    Can't wait for the first qq once zerkers start to down Sorcs/Rangers and Wizards - haha, they're gonne be like "what just happened... I got killed by a ... bersker????"

    Fun times ahead!
    Yeah good news indeed. I was worried about the +20, I am not always a fan of the "infinite progression" type games where players can be simply godly. We'll see how it turns out over here. And I am certainly happy for all the people who will benefit from class balance with Awakenings.

    No word on fixing those exploits though, we can dream haha.
    That tends to be a go-to for many MMOs. Keep adding infinity stretching progression goals, that carrot on a stick grind the next 10 levels and grab that next piece of top tier whatever.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,110
    Still waiting on Castle / Node Sieges. 

    Will this come with Valencia?
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,226
    Recore said:
    Still waiting on Castle / Node Sieges. 

    Will this come with Valencia?
    Bless Online has that for ya =) I think based on the games you like and have liked you will love that game.

    OT: Nice read thanks for sharing.

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,537
    edited April 2016
    That dark elf looks really pale!
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,226
    Tiamat64 said:
    That dark elf looks really pale!
    lol yeah I thought that as well. The 'not so dark' dark elf

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    The dark elf uses skin lightening cream. I wonder if cosmetic surgery will be a new crafting job?
     
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,226
    The dark elf uses skin lightening cream. I wonder if cosmetic surgery will be a new crafting job?
    That literally made me laugh out loud

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    The dark elf uses skin lightening cream. I wonder if cosmetic surgery will be a new crafting job?
    That literally made me laugh out loud
    Awesome.
     
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,537
    The dark elf uses skin lightening cream. I wonder if cosmetic surgery will be a new crafting job?
    Cash shop, of course.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,356
    Tiamat64 said:
    That dark elf looks really pale!
    lol yeah I thought that as well. The 'not so dark' dark elf
    Maybe it's dark in the sense of its aesthetics/philosophy.

    My dark elves in my old D&D campaign were actually albinos because they were not exposed to the sun.
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,732
    Recore said:
    Still waiting on Castle / Node Sieges. 

    Will this come with Valencia?
    Bless Online has that for ya =) I think based on the games you like and have liked you will love that game.

    OT: Nice read thanks for sharing.
    Doesn't Bless make use of instancing for dungeons?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,818
    Tiamat64 said:
    That dark elf looks really pale!
    lol yeah I thought that as well. The 'not so dark' dark elf
    It's clearly referring to their outfits, and emo mood. >: D

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,351
    Bless looks really cool, although I hear the combat is just bad. If the combat is as bad as people make it out to be, I don't think I can play it long term.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,732
    edited April 2016
    JDis25 said:
    Bless looks really cool, although I hear the combat is just bad. If the combat is as bad as people make it out to be, I don't think I can play it long term.
    Based on the one video I saw of it, meh...though it was early stage so.

    link
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,226
    JDis25 said:
    Bless looks really cool, although I hear the combat is just bad. If the combat is as bad as people make it out to be, I don't think I can play it long term.
    It is not great depending on the class you play but since Jan there have been two combat revamps and tweaks. It is getting better and by the time it comes here it should be even more so. 

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,226
    Tiller said:
    Recore said:
    Still waiting on Castle / Node Sieges. 

    Will this come with Valencia?
    Bless Online has that for ya =) I think based on the games you like and have liked you will love that game.

    OT: Nice read thanks for sharing.
    Doesn't Bless make use of instancing for dungeons?
    Yes they are not open world but they are varied and great. Some of the best dungeons I have played in quite some time. The 5 man require a good group effort or you will wipe easy.

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Tiller said:
    Recore said:
    Still waiting on Castle / Node Sieges. 

    Will this come with Valencia?
    Bless Online has that for ya =) I think based on the games you like and have liked you will love that game.

    OT: Nice read thanks for sharing.
    Doesn't Bless make use of instancing for dungeons?
    Yes they are not open world but they are varied and great. Some of the best dungeons I have played in quite some time. The 5 man require a good group effort or you will wipe easy.
     Yeah, others may not feel the same way but personally I'm over instanced dungeons. If I want those Ill go play FFXIV, or WoW, or any other game like it. Once I've played through a dungeon once or twice and learned the mechanics it becomes boring for me at least. I like DAoC style dungeons, and BDO is pretty close to that it just doesn't have a loading screen so it feels attached to the same zone.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,294
    Realizer said:
    Tiller said:
    Recore said:
    Still waiting on Castle / Node Sieges. 

    Will this come with Valencia?
    Bless Online has that for ya =) I think based on the games you like and have liked you will love that game.

    OT: Nice read thanks for sharing.
    Doesn't Bless make use of instancing for dungeons?
    Yes they are not open world but they are varied and great. Some of the best dungeons I have played in quite some time. The 5 man require a good group effort or you will wipe easy.
     Yeah, others may not feel the same way but personally I'm over instanced dungeons. If I want those Ill go play FFXIV, or WoW, or any other game like it. Once I've played through a dungeon once or twice and learned the mechanics it becomes boring for me at least. I like DAoC style dungeons, and BDO is pretty close to that it just doesn't have a loading screen so it feels attached to the same zone.
    The huge Valencia dungeon in the KR version reminds me more of the Everfall in Dragon's Dogma than anything else except on steroids with more and tougher mobs.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

    "... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member RarePosts: 3,358
    JDis25 said:

    New Female Only Dark Elf Class is being developed, no word on a release and still no word on a male counterpart, but it is certainly a possibility.
    Unlikely.

    In a recent interview Pearl Abyss said that cross gender versions of existing classes are as much work as brand new classes, so no plans for male versions of the existing female only classes and likely gender locked new classes from now on.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,356
    Xiaoki said:
    JDis25 said:

    New Female Only Dark Elf Class is being developed, no word on a release and still no word on a male counterpart, but it is certainly a possibility.
    Unlikely.

    In a recent interview Pearl Abyss said that cross gender versions of existing classes are as much work as brand new classes, so no plans for male versions of the existing female only classes and likely gender locked new classes from now on.
    Well, the actual quote is:

     Currently, there is no plan to create a male version of Ranger, Sorcerer and Tamer. We might however provide a counterpart that offers a similar look and feel such as Valkyrie vs. Warrior with slight adjustments to fit its nature.
Sign In or Register to comment.