Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you try out free fly week? Star Citizen

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
edited April 2016 in Star Citizen
Gonna keep this simple to prevent as much derailing as possible.  Did you try it and what did you think?
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Yea I gave it a go but without the tutorial I didn't feel like trying to figure everything out.  I thought i was cool to jump off the space station and fly around in my suit.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I have access to the game through my pledge, so I didn't try it.

I've decided to wait longer between trying out new versions - because the game is too far off from being finished to get excited about it now.

My plan was to try 2.0 to see if what they were promising was really possible - and I'd say 2.1+ proved that they're on the right track - and I'm now confident they'll deliver on the vision.

As such, I'd rather experience the full game - instead of getting it piecemeal - as that will reduce my final enjoyment of it.

However, it's hard not to check it out "just a little" here and there :)

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited April 2016
    I tried out some of the ships i have not pledged for (e.g. Vanduul Scythe and AMD Omega racer). Some of the other ships i already knew from testing (using the REC simpod "leasing" option).

Have fun

[mod edit: Removed Picture which was breaking the forum]

Post edited by Vaross on
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Heck no I didn't but that should come as no surprise to anyone 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    edited April 2016
    I did, but it was the last time around, not this current FF. My own thoughts and experience was not positive. I'll just leave it at that. Curious how others think though

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Yes i tried it and it already looks very good IMO, figuring out the controls was a bit tough. :D
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I gave this awhile to simmer, but after about 12 hours 18 people answered the poll. How many Citizens are they bragging about again? Yeah I know its a poll on a single forum and no one checks the forums. If that were the case then why is their number one PR guy posting here nonstop?

Either way its hilarious the way these guys throw these numbers around because if it didnt have so much hype the past 5 years most people would swear no one gave a shit about this game at all. The videos getting a couple hundred views and the polls getting 20-25 responses, and the same 5 or 6 people in every topic that pertains to SC basically.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I didn't as I doubt my PC would handle it at present.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    I didn't have to try the free weekend, I own a ship already.
  • Dampiel_szDampiel_sz Member UncommonPosts: 73
    I sure did give it a go!
    I do have several packages but it was nice to test out the hornet, and see what it can do!

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    rodarin said:
    I gave this awhile to simmer, but after about 12 hours 18 people answered the poll. How many Citizens are they bragging about again? Yeah I know its a poll on a single forum and no one checks the forums. If that were the case then why is their number one PR guy posting here nonstop?

Either way its hilarious the way these guys throw these numbers around because if it didnt have so much hype the past 5 years most people would swear no one gave a shit about this game at all. The videos getting a couple hundred views and the polls getting 20-25 responses, and the same 5 or 6 people in every topic that pertains to SC basically.
    So basically this was a troll post....got it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    No I missed it completely.  Probably due to that free HBO and some other free channels week leading up to Game of Thrones s6e1.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I thought about trying it but for some reason I brushed it off..

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    rodarin said:

Not hardly its simply pointing out that for a game that has been praised the way this one is getting almost zero attention these days.

You can spin it all you want but Twitch streams are empty (what view guys even bother) and from wathinc those few it seems like the 'alpha' is pretty empty as well. 

I commented on it during the time this fly free deal was going on. Prime time (as in pretty much prime time everywhere) there seemed to be no one playing or watching this game, despite there also being a patch.

If this weekend even had HUNDREDS (let alone the thousands a truly anticipated game would have) the pro camp would be chirping about it non stop and the CiG fun bunch would have a special video presentation hyping how many 'citizens' were enjoying the game pre release.

I think there are more people playing DayZ and that game is a complete disaster.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Why bother? It would be like test driving a car that's never going to make it to market, but even more pointless. Plus the 'car' in this case, even if it is by some miracle made available, will have a lawnmower engine, manual steering, and solid rubber tires. A 'minimum viable product', if you will. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Nope, generally I avoid pre-alphas, alphas, and all betas up to the free weekend before release.

I like to see the game at its best in order to be fair.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    No, I am holding off until launch at this point.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    I will wait until there is more game.  I will try it eventually but just flying a spaceship around in an empty sandbox doesn't interest me.
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Was working out of town and had no interest in attempting to download the client to my laptop on spotty wifi. Okay, some interest. Just no patience.
  • rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Nope no interest in the cash cow.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Found it to be extremely zzzzzzzzzzzzzz  boring but then again i have never found space sims to be much for excitement.
    space itself is just too cheap and easy to pull off,it will never look good no matter who does it.Ships,well you sit in a cockpit and then not much else to admire.
    I just got back from watching a live hockey game and it sent chills through my body,it was exhilarating,fun the crowd was electric,that is what a video game needs to do for me,it needs to make me excited to WANT to play.

I really don't know what Chris can do to make sitting in a cockpit exhilarating.I feel for a space sim type game the  fun/excitement will actually be when you land and enter stations and see other people around and action and take part in some interactive ideas.
    I look at it like this,imagine driving a car or driving a SeaDo,the car is boring,similar to cockpits in space,but a SeaDO is exciting fun,you ride the waves of excitement.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

Not hardly its simply pointing out that for a game that has been praised the way this one is getting almost zero attention these days.

You can spin it all you want but Twitch streams are empty (what view guys even bother) and from wathinc those few it seems like the 'alpha' is pretty empty as well. 

I commented on it during the time this fly free deal was going on. Prime time (as in pretty much prime time everywhere) there seemed to be no one playing or watching this game, despite there also being a patch.

If this weekend even had HUNDREDS (let alone the thousands a truly anticipated game would have) the pro camp would be chirping about it non stop and the CiG fun bunch would have a special video presentation hyping how many 'citizens' were enjoying the game pre release.

I think there are more people playing DayZ and that game is a complete disaster.
    I recently made a poll over in the World of Warcraft subsection - and 3 people answered it over the course of 3 days.

I guess that means WoW isn't really being played anymore, right?

But I'm glad to see yet another example of detractor-logic being destroyed utterly by reality.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    No I didn't try it. I don't feel the current state of the "game" justifies the download or the time to get my HOTAS configured. Perhaps when there is a proper game loop I will try it.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited April 2016
    rodarin said:

Is that suppose to prove anything? I have access from a pledge way back and haven't had an updated version installed since the PU fist came out and we were able to access it single player via some mods found in reddit.

I think many peeps interested in SC really don't care much about some poll on mmorpg and I will bet there are many like me, that are tired of the drama and are tired of people just trying to cause more while trying to make us believe they have no ulterior motives, that can't be bothered to test out every free weekend or even keep the game files updated until there is more to do than test mechanics.

For someone that has such a huge distaste for "nonsense", according to past posts of yours, you seem to participate in a whole lot of it.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.