Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - The Dark Brotherhood Comes to ESO

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - The Dark Brotherhood Comes to ESO

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Lheiah said:

Is this where they get rid of VRs?

• AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited April 2016
    VR levels are gone with this update.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looking forward to the removal of VR. No word on any testing yet. Forums are ablaze.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited April 2016
    ESO forums always seem to be ablaze with something or other. I put it down to the heavier pvp focus in the game which attracts the more.....vocally motivated, shall we say.

One general comment I tend to side with is the apparent similarity between this and the previous DLC in terms of characteristics. It would have been good to have a heroic type expansion mixing up with the previous villain type playstyle, but it looks like more of the same (especially for NB's).

As soon as the game forum reads balance changes everyone and his dog pens a "my class needs a boost and other classes are op" letter, so fully expect more of the same as the dlc hits the pts. No matter what they do there'll always be never satisfied players who glue down the capslock button and let rip.

Devs can never win with changes. Too few and people complain not enough is being done. They do more and people complain that too many things are changing at once.

We'll see how it goes.

• NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    edited April 2016
    I would be a lot more excited if they were introducing a new class archetype. I still feel this game needs an epic exp pack, something that really shakes everything up a bit.
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    I think it's time to bring the panda race into the game :)
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Another passive skill line...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    with no VR i may just log back in nowand could make the massive pvp battles even funner
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I'm looking forward to this, the Dark Brotherhood is always my favorite guild in the ES games, now i'm just waiting for underwater stuff and player housing. I'd also like to see the Morrowind province brought into the game. I think right now its just a landmass on the horizon.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    edited April 2016
    ESO: Eh, the "improvements to Cyrodiil" are a year at least too late. I stuck with that game's dying pvp population for almost two years, just left finally in January, while almost everyone I knew gave up on it sooner. The only hope this game has left is in it's pve and rp aspects/communities. I still love Elder Scrolls so I hope they deliver for those types of players, but as a pvper I'm out for good. .

Eve: Citadels!?!? and explosive capital superweapons?!?! Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye on Eve. If this shakes things up enough to change the stale atmosphere Eve has had for years I may return and bring my mothership out of retirement to kill some CFC/Imperium.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
    edited April 2016
    I hate to say it but maybe they need to bring in a whole new team to work on this game. A team that's good at testing and fixing old bugs. This could be such a great game. The only thing they have going for them now are the great graphics and constantly focusing on making people look forward to new content releases.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

bcbully said:

Another passive skill line...

Yup. Not like we didn't see that coming after the Thieve's Guild. The game is long overdue for more skill lines.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Agnhar said:

what are they replacing it with?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Tokken said:

Agnhar said:

what are they replacing it with?

they're just going with purely champion points (which are still capped)

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

This is the game that had a main quest line from 1 to level 50 of defeating Molag Bal. At the end of the quest line after you beat him they tell you he's part of a greater plan so can't be completely destroyed. O_o Oh by the way, go explore the other factions you fought so hard against in the past they won't know you from Adam now... talk about your busy work.

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    As a solo player that only groups for dynamic content as needed (and organically). The DLC's work just fine for me. Since I play the game as if it's just another Elder Scrolls title but with more NPC's running around the world that can actually contribute to fights and breathe more life into the game than single player Elder Scrolls games since I can actually talk to people. Admittedly, the PvP aspects of the game kind of take you out of that playstyle. I think the PvE content in the DLC's delivers on exactly what this games strengths are. And that's to explore and experience Elder Scrolls in a dynamic setting. Too many people play this game like any other MMO and I really don't feel like it's meant to be played that way. That's why a lot of people aren't satisfied imo.