Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - 4 weeks

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
edited April 2016 in Star Citizen

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/448002/remind-me-4-weeks-insider-info-how-deep-does-the-rabbit-hole-go/p1

Its been 4 weeks to the day.

Let us check how accurate the information of the "insider sources" have been:

1) "There are 3 trailers . Best one has Craig Fairbrass in he is pretty awesome..one will be released soon"       .... Nope

--> No Craig Fairbrass video

2)  "Apparently one of the A listers is not happy at all about being associated with this Fuck up and is currently seeking distance." .... Nope

--> No reports anywhere about one of the A listers being unhappy. Reports from people that met John Rhyr-Davies on conventions that he is very proud to work on CR.

3)   reshoot mo cap --> unknown , no reports

4) Ben is actually in a really bad way.   --> Ben Witch Hunt ongoing about something he did 10 years ago and publically regrets today...
---> CIG answers with support for Ben, Ben has not been fired. Neither has Lando been fired. Neither has Toast been fired (CIG promoted him ;-)

5) 3 high profile ship jumpers in the foreseeable.    --> Nope. Not a single one.

6)  disgruntled top tier whales. there is a genuine concern that these people band together ........   --> Nope.

7)  The Vanduul are up for a rethink by the looks of it as they didn't go across as impressively as was required.  --> Nope. No reports about that.

8)   game running at 3 fps --> verifiably incorrect (various benchmarks to be found online)

>>>>We'll know in 4 weeks anyway as the trailers come out and whether there are 3 'high profile' exits.>>>>

@JohnP0100 ; Yes. We know now. Thats 0 out of 8.

Have fun

Post edited by Erillion on

Comments

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Even so, detractors will ignore all of that and pretend it happened anyway. They will call them hard facts - but it will be based on nothing.

Now THAT is a prediction you can believe ;)
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    1. This isn't going to stop them.
    2. The shorter version is "I told you so ha, ha"
    3. You know this is going to garner a negative response from some people, you should stick to just reporting the facts on the game.

Regards from the neutral camp in this "war"

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

whilan said:
    1. This isn't going to stop them.
    2. The shorter version is "I told you so ha, ha"
    3. You know this is going to garner a negative response from some people, you should stick to just reporting the facts on the game.

Regards from the neutral camp in this "war"
    Are you seriously suggesting sticking to "facts" will NOT garner a negative response. Are your eyes ever open around here?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Even if all of that list came true it still didn't say much concerning the operation of CIG.  Yes it was one sad stab at the company and really never should have been written.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Another free SC advert thread brought to you by Erillion.
    hfztt said:
    You'll find another fantasy to latch on to, soon enough ;)
  • mr1602mr1602 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    I'd argue the Ben-saga looks pretty bad.
    I mean, there are some awful awful words in there.
    The 'revision' history going on to cover for that makes other people associated with it look awful as well.
    When did the last person to develop the cryengine quit?  They had some of the original developers of cryengine on their staff and lost the last member but I dont know when that happened.  
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited April 2016
    filmoret said:
     and lost the last member
    ANY link or proof for that statement ?

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/teams/Frankfurt

"Frankfurt, Germany is home to Cloud Imperium’s latest internal development studio. Staffed with top CryEngine development experts, Foundry 42 Germany is responsible for developing the pioneering backend technologies that will allow Star Citizen’s persistent universe to shine!"

Example of a CryEngine expert from Germany still working for CIG today:
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/hannes-appell-57181169

"Hannes Appell

Director of Cinematics at Foundry 42 / Cloud Imperium Games"

Have fun

DKLond said:
    hfztt said:
    What is a fantasy about ~25% of all positive SC threads on MMORPG being started by that same guy?

I know he is not being paid for it, we have his word on that, but he does deliver a lot of free positive advertising for the game.

That is not fantasy.
    hfztt said:
    DKLond said:
    hfztt said:
    What is a fantasy about ~25% of all positive SC threads on MMORPG being started by that same guy?

I know he is not being paid for it, we have his word on that, but he does deliver a lot of free positive advertising for the game.

That is not fantasy.
    Never said that was a fantasy, I just said you'll find anoter fantasy to latch on to soon enough.

Anyway, I'm glad the one guy who tends to focus on posting facts is seen as the "positive spin" guy. I guess that means the facts are positive and the fabrications are not :)

I agree with that, by the way.

Also, I actually don't think we have a lot of people around here who really care.

Seems to me we're talking about maybe a dozen regular posters going in circles.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited April 2016
    hfztt said:
    DKLond said:
    hfztt said:

That is not fantasy.
    I know, actual facts and posts with links to actual info hurt some of you.

You see, spouting speculation, unfounded "info" and personal wishes, presenting them as hard facts isn't, thankfully, everyone's game on MMORPG.

Some days ago we had a SC thread closed because of the hate squad running rampart with all sorts of BS. The situation was so bad that even the moderator who closed the  thread called them out.
    DKLond said:

Also, I actually don't think we have a lot of people around here who really care.
    Yeah, that ban hammer has been hard on the critics crowd as of late. Not that I blame MMORPG really, the tone was getting rather high pitched....
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    ((yawn)) Ok, who here upset has money backing this game? 
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I would say then admitting the game is going to be released as minimalist as possible is probably the biggest news so far.

Yet that wasnt even mentioned in the rhetoric thread.

That may have been just coincidental knowing that its announcement would garner a lot of feed back, so it in essence took the heat of the pedophile fantasizer.

Either way anyone trying to spin this last week as a positive or that its 'business as usual' at CiG are completely delusional. No surprise there though.
    rodarin said:
    I would say then admitting the game is going to be released as minimalist as possible is probably the biggest news so far.
    No one has admitted that. Especially not Chris Roberts in 10ftC Episode 83.

He said (and i posted the verbatim transcript already on mmorpg.com) that at some point in the future CIG will write down a list of existing features, review it and - if it is deemed sufficient - declare it as the MVP and distribute it. And THEN add all the remaining stuff after launch day as quickly as possible.

No one yet knows how much this will include except that it will not be 100 % of the stretch goals at launch day (as stated by Chris Roberts in 10ftC Episode 83 and MUCH sooner as already stated in 2012 ... see reddit link posted here on mmorpg.com). It could be 99 %, 90 %, 80 % .... your guess is as good as mine.

Have fun
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    DKLond said:
    Even so, detractors will ignore all of that and pretend it happened anyway. They will call them hard facts - but it will be based on nothing.

Now THAT is a prediction you can believe ;)
    Pot, meet kettle...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pot+calling+the+kettle+black

:p 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Nanfoodle said:
    ((yawn)) Ok, who here upset has money backing this game? 
    I do!
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Shodanas said:
    hfztt said:
    DKLond said:
    hfztt said:

That is not fantasy.

You see, spouting speculation, unfounded "info" and personal wishes, presenting them as hard facts isn't, thankfully, everyone's game on MMORPG.

Some days ago we had a SC thread closed because of the hate squad running rampart with all sorts of BS. The situation was so bad that even the moderator who closed the  thread called them out.
    I could not agree with you more.  Look at the facts and links in this video to see what I am talking about.

https://youtu.be/POtzFnKiwHI

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:
    No one has admitted that. Especially not Chris Roberts in 10ftC Episode 83.

He said (and i posted the verbatim transcript already on mmorpg.com) that at some point in the future CIG will write down a list of existing features, review it and - if it is deemed sufficient - declare it as the MVP and distribute it. And THEN add all the remaining stuff after launch day as quickly as possible.

No one yet knows how much this will include except that it will not be 100 % of the stretch goals at launch day (as stated by Chris Roberts in 10ftC Episode 83 and MUCH sooner as already stated in 2012 ... see reddit link posted here on mmorpg.com). It could be 99 %, 90 %, 80 % .... your guess is as good as mine.

Have fun
    Yeah I know what he said. But eventually it will come out, you trying to spin it now is just that...spin.

But if anything this proves that they dont have nearly enough ready to release and are still trying to make things work. Its cushioning the blow. Now I know that you as their paid forum PR guy has to make sure the spin is real but no one is buying it anymore.

The difference between that statement in 2012 and the one the other day are big. The fact youre trying to spin it shows how biased you are. The difference in money raised alone between then and now is a major factor. If that were a back and forth and he said that and then an interviewer said "what if you make 125 million will that still be the case?'. What do you think Roberts would have said? But I think he probably knew even back then he couldnt do everything he promised no matter how much money he had to work with. But thats all irrelevant now.

Its obvious now that theyre completely winging it there and what they an get to work they will add what they cant wont be. Its pretty much that simple.

There are only 4 things that stop a developer from releasing a game. And in this case because it is supposedly a 'passion' of Roberts to make this game even more so....time, money, manpower, technology. Time he doesnt have to worry about, he never has so why start now. So that leaves Money, technology, and manpower.

He admitted they dont have the man power. So check that off.

They admitted the technology didnt exist they wanted so they (allegedly) rebuilt the engine, so check that off. Now you guys with rose colored glasses think that this rebuild is in 100% working condition and if they flip a switch it will be perfect. I say the rebuild was a waste of time and resources and that it wont work even in a small scale implementation let alone an MMO one. So that one is still ongoing.

Money, now 112 million is a lot of money, but for what he wanted to do and what he claimed he could do and what he actually can do takes a lot more than 112 million. The irony is they wasted so much of it on other stuff trying to make something impossible happen is going to effect everything greatly.

And I think that is ultimately why these concessions have been coming down the pike lately.

"Good" thing for them is this is still all years away from becoming reality. So the fact  he even made these comments the way he did is extremely telling. I didnt figure these wouldnt happen until after SQ 42 was released. So not sure what to make of it yet. I suspect even more 'bad' news will be forthcoming. So while it might not have been 4 weeks to the day there is more than likely something yet to happen that might shake even more faith of the followers.
    Talonsin said:
    Shodanas said:
    hfztt said:
    DKLond said:
    hfztt said:

That is not fantasy.

I could not agree with you more.  Look at the facts and links in this video to see what I am talking about.

Well idk if anyone can argue with the validity of that video.  I wonder if it will shed light on why some people are so sceptic about this game.
    rodarin said:

He admitted they dont have the man power.

-->  Proof for that ? He "admitted" that CIG can always use more talented employees.
    ---> This "admission" can be seen here for a long time: https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs
    ---> *** gasp *** CIG is looking for new employees !!?!1!?! Who would have thought ?!

They admitted the technology didnt exist they wanted so they (allegedly) rebuilt the engine,

--> And they did. As has been acknowledged by outside sources with experience in the field.
    --> http://massivelyop.com/2015/10/21/ascents-lead-dev-offers-insight-on-the-star-citizen-controversy/

**snip**
     takes a lot more than 112 million.

--> Please share with us your "true" estimates w.r.t. resources and time.

** snip **
    --> Have fun

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Talonsin said:
    Shodanas said:
    hfztt said:
    DKLond said:
    hfztt said:

That is not fantasy.

Sorry, this video is nothing more than biased BS. And you know it.

The #1 "fact" it presents is beyond laughable. If you really think that the project displayed on that KS page has anything in common both in complexity and scope with the one being build today then you're no different than the haters who caused the lock down of the thread i mention.

FYI, this youtube channel is DS.
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    edited April 2016
    Due to the widening scope of predictions . we will be pushing back the prediction released date from 4 weeks to 8 weeks. Also the Ben thing is on indefinite hold remember we didn't cancel it's just on hold . On second thought we are just going to release a minimum viable form of the prediction list.
    edited April 2016
    Another funny bit of information.

Remember that CIG Glassdoor review that our dear banned "Brenics" has linked for us?

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/449362/free-fly-week-free-access-to-the-game-up-to-april-25th/p3

"Yeah I see everything CR says is truth, yet this is a lie https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Employee-Review-Cloud-Imperium-Games-RVW10258385.htm"

And The Smarty said:
    "So word is, CIG management know who wrote this, and that it's legit."

Well, who would have thought ... Glassdoor did a review of that entry and it has been removed by a moderator. The reason for removing it ? Your guess is as good as mine.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Withheld-Reviews-EI_IE776546.0,20_KO21,29.htm#rmvd

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4focfs/glassdoor_removes_cig_review/

Have fun

This discussion has been closed.