Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need a World of Warcraft 2

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited April 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

- Expansion after expansion is getting old. ( It's just not working as well anymore ).

- New players are intimidated with so much content.

- Veteran players, Old School players, and hard players would like more challenge.  In my opinion NO ONE AT ALL likes too easy.

Plan A:

Give Vanilla download away for free, then the first expansion $59.95 as usual.  All at $14.95 a month.

Take the new expansions in a direction of the original vanilla formula.  Expand on everything but don't change formula.

Plan B:

Start from scratch, but using the vanilla formula and keeping all expansions original.  $59.95 for the game with $14.95 a month.  Shortly in give a free trial.

Note:

It's hard to discuss a topic like this because this site is loaded with "looking for free game" people.  If it's not free it's not for me !!!

Many simply hate World of Warcraft.

Comments

• helecrohelecro Member UncommonPosts: 3
    AMEN TO THAT my friend!
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Can i have world of starcraft instead of WOW ver 2 ?
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

A major problem, is Original World of Warcraft was so large, and had so much content. Blizzard will not like to waste resources with a game of that size. 

That's why they invented easy and fast leveling......It's really for less content !! 

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    can I have a World of Diablo complete with 100% rng instead?

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    That moment you run into battle and realize noone is behind you....
    Are you onto something or just on something?

World of StarCraft, World of Diablo or even World of Warcraft2 would be nice.....But it's all talk anyway.

Nothing here ever gets done about anything.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Correction, BLIZZARD needs a WoW 2. There are plenty of decent MMos out there, many of which I'd consider superior to World of Warcraft. Honestly with how blizzard has been handling WoW with so many poor choices and a seeming ignorance to it ("You think you want it, but you don't" or thinking the playerbase are idiots and can't see Garrison = Shipyard = Orderhall missions) I see that idea flopping pretty quickly after an initial burst of interest. It would only serve to give themselves another chance to regain the playerbase WoD likely permanently lost from the game for good.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited April 2016
    Not going to happen.

WoW was developed during a unique time and they spend over 7 years (I believe) making it.

Like someone else said, the Vanilla WoW game was so huge on release, making a WoW 2 of similar size (which would be needed, if you even want any player retention and meet player expectations) would be way too expensive today!

ActiVision is never going to authorize that kind of budget for an MMORPG in today's fickle climate.

As pretty much every single MMO in the last decade has failed to meet investor expectations.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see a WoW 2, but it's just not going to happen.

Especially after the whole Titan fiasco.

Purutzil, good point,

Blizzard has shown so much greed in the last 10 years maybe they don't deserve another popular mmo !

I may actually agree with you.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    We had this with EverQuest; and - even without the issues EQ2 had on launch - many people were totally uninterested in leaving EQ1.

So lets assume that this will be the case with WoW. The essence of what was suggested - preEQ2 - was:
    - any "new game" would have to come "in the guise" of an expansion
    - single subscription for both WoW and "WoW2"
    - enact an import facility - called whatever statsis chambers, time vaults, magic vortex, heirloom items - for players to take their existing WoW characters into the new game on its new engine.

I don't see this making any more money than "just another expansion" however and as it would require a new engine etc. etc. iy would clearly be more expensive. So it is not going to happen.
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    WoW 2 would never work unless it was a different type of game.  Probably a mix of Sandbox, procedurally generated content and themepark point of interest. 

The pushing out 100% questhubs rat races doesn't work as well i the west anymore. This type of content flooded the market for the past 12 years and is stale.  Would you really want to play another WoW with kill and FedEx quest to end game?
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I disagree we need a World of Starcraft or A Diablo MMO.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    All other game design aside I can't picture WoW 2 without a cash shop. That alone is one of the biggest hurdles I would be unable to jump.

Selling preleveled characters, mounts, gold, pets, and whatever else turns the game into nothing more than a virtual store front. It effects everything from progression to itemization in a negative way for me.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Why would anyone want a Wow 2 and this is a serious question?
    The genre has done nothing but create Wow2's which is instancing and linear questing,which toi me is super boring and a BAD game design IF you claim to be a MMORPG.
    If you want to eliminate the MMO by using instances go for it but don't PRETEND to be a MMO.If you think linear questing is exciting or fun go for it but don't pretend to be a ROLE playing game.Just call your game "an online game" and nothing more.

What bothers me most about these designs is why do we need a login screen if you can play solo and the instancing is nothing more than co-op?I can play with 16-48 players if i want in UnrealTournament and i don't need a login screen.The answer is obvious ,it allows the developer to charge subscriptions and have cash shops,which is a very lame reason to have a login screen.It is called unfair money grinding,something that never became more obvious until i started playing Hearthstone.

I was never much of a Blizzard follower because their games simply did not interest me but once i began playing a lot of Hearthstone i really saw what blizzard is all about and i don't like their business structure one bit.Yeah Blizz makes lots of money but they do NOTHING to advance gaming,yet another reason why i wouldn't want a Wow 2,just more low end graphics,nothing technical will push the genre forward,Blizzard is simply a copier and always behind the times.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Even Blizzard couldnt make a WoW2: Project Titan cancelled
  • JeridJerid Member UncommonPosts: 30
    JeroKane said:
    Not going to happen.

WoW was developed during a unique time and they spend over 7 years (I believe) making it.

Like someone else said, the Vanilla WoW game was so huge on release, making a WoW 2 of similar size (which would be needed, if you even want any player retention and meet player expectations) would be way too expensive today!

ActiVision is never going to authorize that kind of budget for an MMORPG in today's fickle climate.

As pretty much every single MMO in the last decade has failed to meet investor expectations.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see a WoW 2, but it's just not going to happen.

WoW was made by ex EQ players who didn't like the direction the game was going.
    EQ came out in 1999, WoW in 2004.  So the longest their development could take would have been 5 years, MMOS these days take that long or longer to build.
    Wildstar took 9 years to fail as hard as it did.
  • Mouloxtos85Mouloxtos85 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Amen brother! Amen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited April 2016
    We've already had WoW2 (Cataclysm), we're on WoW 3 (WOD) now. Where Blizzard wants to take WoW is not a place that I personaly want to go. Power to those that do.

Thank the Gods that the Real Money Action House was a fail for Diablo 3.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    laserit said:
    We've already had WoW2 (Cataclysm), we're on WoW 3 (WOD) now. Where Blizzard wants to take WoW is not a place that I personaly want to go. Power to those that do.

Not even close, WoW will always be limited by their current engine, and an expansion will never be WoW 2.
    It has to be rewritten from the ground up if we want to call it a sequel.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    edited April 2016
    the MMORPG genre needs a 2nd WoW  like 20th century Europe needed a 2nd World War . . .

. . .that is to say, not at all.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Blizzard should buy out the Asheron's Call content, and make an MMO based on their mythology/monsters etc.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Since their doing a bc2 why not do a wrath2 as well? Heard Bolvar is going to make a show somewhere in Legion. Probably only for the frost dk artifact quest or the last 5 seconds of downing the final boss for the expansion. Who knows.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    laserit said:

Not even close, WoW will always be limited by their current engine, and an expansion will never be WoW 2.
    It has to be rewritten from the ground up if we want to call it a sequel.
    Really? I must have missed the Memo

"So let it be written, So let it be done"

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Jerid said:
    JeroKane said:
    Not going to happen.

WoW was made by ex EQ players who didn't like the direction the game was going.
    EQ came out in 1999, WoW in 2004.  So the longest their development could take would have been 5 years, MMOS these days take that long or longer to build.
    Wildstar took 9 years to fail as hard as it did.

Totally untrue. As far as I know it were all Warcraft employees who made WoW. Just check back on that documentary/Interview that was released a while back.

WoW was developed on top of their Warcraft engine.