Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One man and his twisted mind. The face of the community? From the mind of Ben Lesnick.

Comments

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

I'd go one further and say you can't really blame it on anyone but the person who made it public in the first place, the person who is the very subject of this thread. Nothing said on the internet is a private matter. 
    I trust you more then most posting here so I will ask, exactly what has he done or written that is actually bad/wrong?

Write about spiders? 

Talk about 'doing' a cartoon character?

If he has done something wrong there is no way I would defend him but I am still struggling to understand what exactly have been done
    I"m trying to find the thing I read last night, so far I can't, anyway to put it in context; it was basically a collection of depraved as well as racist thoughts written when he was in a "bad place in life", and was mad at the world more or less. That was Ben's description of it anyway. Which is what I can't find now, yet I have no f'n idea how to find much of anything on redit, I don't go to that site.
    Fair enough. (I don't use Reddit either so just trying to understand what the issue is). 

So basically he sad some bad stuff when he as younger and people are pointing at it as a sort og "haha gotcha" moment?
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

I'd go one further and say you can't really blame it on anyone but the person who made it public in the first place, the person who is the very subject of this thread. Nothing said on the internet is a private matter. 
    I trust you more then most posting here so I will ask, exactly what has he done or written that is actually bad/wrong?

Write about spiders? 

If he has done something wrong there is no way I would defend him but I am still struggling to understand what exactly have been done
    I"m trying to find the thing I read last night, so far I can't, anyway to put it in context; it was basically a collection of depraved as well as racist thoughts written when he was in a "bad place in life", and was mad at the world more or less. That was Ben's description of it anyway. Which is what I can't find now, yet I have no f'n idea how to find much of anything on redit, I don't go to that site.
    This is the link currently being deleted from reddit and any other controllable media.

http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?

I can't see the link being removed from Reddit or MMORPG. It's still there. What are you talking about?  Where was it additionally posted and removed by now? 
    The original post this thread has this link. https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4f2gc8/bens_lesnicks_blog_the_book_of_loaf/

It is removed.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited April 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    He defends himself here..
    http://banditloaf.livejournal.com/105991.html

HE put the stuff out there, HE thinks some of it is pretty funny. It's not like we cracked his iphone cloud storage. It's not like someone broke into his house and stole his MLP secret friends diary. This is his stuff. End defense, there it is, his stuff.

I do not know if i am allowed to paste stuff from this journal, if not then i apologize in advance. Here is something people should read:

I’m not fond of deleting the past, or pretending anyone has always been perfect. I’ve spent my life becoming a better person, and I’m happy to let folks see where I've been. I suspect this journal doesn’t even show the worst of who I’ve been; the thing I most regret from years past was what a jerk I was on message boards. I’m sure that’s all out there to find, too! I don't want to say I've figured out how the world works, but I've learned to respect everybody else in it instead of imagining they're out to get me.

To me he comes forth as person who has acknowledged his flaws and shortcomings, something not to many people can claim about themselves.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Brenics said:

It is funny that Ben let this out on his own and now they want to do what ever they can to blame anyone but him. This is really sad. But I bet Mark Hamill and others will not want his reputation associated with SC now. 
    WHAT are we supposed to be blaming otehrs for? Still trying to get to the bottom of exactly WHAT is so bad that he wrote.
    Quote BL:
    - No, I was worshipping Hitler before Hiter-Worshipping was cool. #15,698

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

Write about spiders? 

This is the link currently being deleted from reddit and any other controllable media.

I can't see the link being removed from Reddit or MMORPG. It's still there. What are you talking about?  Where was it additionally posted and removed by now? 
    What i can't find is Ben's response to this where he described just under going eye surgery and losing an eye and being in a horrible place with horrible thoughts. Talking about the things he used to write. It was one of the top stories on redit last night which is how I found it. Which i only searched for because Brenics mentioned some big new revelation that had come to light.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

edited April 2016
    Distopia said:
    What i can't find is Ben's response to this where he described just under going eye surgery and losing an eye and being in a horrible place with horrible thoughts. Talking about the things he used to write. It was one of the top stories on redit last night which is how I found it. Which i only searched for because Brenics mentioned some big new revelation that had come to light.

link in the post above this.

edit: http://banditloaf.livejournal.com/105991.html
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Distopia said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

Write about spiders? 

http://banditloaf.livejournal.com/

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

Write about spiders? 

The original post this thread has this link. https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4f2gc8/bens_lesnicks_blog_the_book_of_loaf/

It is removed.

Oh wow... It was posted in CIG Reddit and has been removed! Scandal.... not. Link can still be found in the comments. 
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Shodanas said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

HE put the stuff out there, HE thinks some of it is pretty funny. It's not like we cracked his iphone cloud storage. It's not like someone broke into his house and stole his MLP secret friends diary. This is his stuff. End defense, there it is, his stuff.

I do not know if i am allowed to paste stuff from this journal, if not then i apologize in advance. Here is something people should read:

I’m not fond of deleting the past, or pretending anyone has always been perfect. I’ve spent my life becoming a better person, and I’m happy to let folks see where I've been. I suspect this journal doesn’t even show the worst of who I’ve been; the thing I most regret from years past was what a jerk I was on message boards. I’m sure that’s all out there to find, too! I don't want to say I've figured out how the world works, but I've learned to respect everybody else in it instead of imagining they're out to get me.

To me he comes forth as person who has acknowledged his flaws and shortcomings, something not to many people can claim about themselves.

Acknowledging them and getting help for them are 2 different things. You can admit your flaws all you want but until you seek help on correcting them then you will always have a higher chance for relapse.
    Shodanas said:

As kids whenever we got into fights and the teacher asked "who started it" it was always better to point to the other guy. As you grow up you realise it is better to just admit it was you. 

In modern societies being able to accept someones past and move forward is what makes the world a better place. Some things cannot be taken back of course but words and thoughts...yeah that can, does and should change as you get older. 

But I guess if you are looking for shit to throw at people then you might as well dredge up anything you can find, some of it is sure to stick....
    Brenics said:

It is funny that Ben let this out on his own and now they want to do what ever they can to blame anyone but him. This is really sad. But I bet Mark Hamill and others will not want his reputation associated with SC now. 
    WHAT are we supposed to be blaming otehrs for? Still trying to get to the bottom of exactly WHAT is so bad that he wrote.
    Quote BL:
    - No, I was worshipping Hitler before Hiter-Worshipping was cool. #15,698

OK...that is quite a funny joke. Or are you saying that is serious?

Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

Write about spiders? 

It is removed.

Oh wow... It was posted in CIG Reddit and has been removed! Scandal.... not. Link can still be found in the comments. 
    No, the url is not in that thread, only the news person pics. There are links to his twitter, but it does not give the url http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited April 2016
      Well I guess that's a good thing for mmorpg.com! We're the first major site to scoop the story! LOL
    I do not see a MMORPG.com story on that topic. Please point me to it so i see that mmorpg.com "is the first major site to scoop the story".   Unless you mean this thread in the forums, which is a rehash of someones elses witch hunt.

Have fun
    Kefo said:
    Shodanas said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Acknowledging them and getting help for them are 2 different things. You can admit your flaws all you want but until you seek help on correcting them then you will always have a higher chance for relapse.
    So everyone who admits having been a dick in the past needs to seek professional help? Psychologists for everyone! 

Got any experience with that? Also correcting can be done with friends and the right environment. Maybe he got the help needed. From his words and his behavior it seems so.

He still is an insecure person and people who judge him now or say he is a horrible person do not help him at all to become more self-confident.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Pratt2112 said:
    Oh look, more grasping at straws from the people who can't find any actual factual evidence of wrongdoing or looming disaster by CIG and Chris Roberts. You're starting to look truly desperate guys.

I have to say though that this attempt at character assassination by your camp is wonderfully ironic seeing as the main reason you anti-fans claim no one will step forward and directly call out Chris Roberts for being a lying toolbag is the dread of personal attacks exactly such as this. Congratulations on becoming the exact kind of people you claim to hate.
    So... Derek Smart posting, in an opinion piece, "I don't believe this project will ever be delivered as promised", or wanting to see some accountability from a company that has taken in over 111 million in backer money, is unacceptable and justifies all the attacks, slander and such he's received from the game's "community". 

But  someone posting actual links to actual sources of some awful, repulsive things that were actually said by someone is considered "character assassination"... just because the person happens to be involved in a project you're interested in.

Wow. Can it get any more hypocritical than that? At one time, it could be argued that saying SC fans would accept and defend anything someone from that project said or did would be hyperbole. After this, nope. It's absolute fact. You people are seriously screwed in the head.
    Double standards are a wonderful thing, aren't they?

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

Write about spiders? 

It is removed.

No, the url is not in that thread, only the news person pics. There are links to his twitter, but it does not give the url http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php

Click on Parent directory and you are there.

But to be honest it does not matter if the link is there or not. You said it's deleted on every controllable source implying that it was posted on several sites but only presented CIG Reddit where it was of course deleted.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Erillion said:
      Well I guess that's a good thing for mmorpg.com! We're the first major site to scoop the story! LOL
    I do not see a MMORPG.com story on that topic. Please point me to it so i see that mmorpg.com "is the first major site to scoop the story".   Unless you mean this thread in the forums, which is a rehash of someones elses witch hunt.

Have fun
     Guess I should have said first major discussion. I dunno, whatever man. Once again you're out to derail a thread that doesn't hold CIG in a positive light.

It's hardly a witch hunt. See witches don't exist, but what Ben said does. It exists and is being talked about and it will now follow him for the rest of his career.

You think he would get hired by another company for anything having to do with community relations, if they have knowledge of these writings? I'm guessing not.

edited April 2016

Guess I should have said first major discussion. I dunno, whatever man. Once again you're out to derail a thread that doesn't hold CIG in a positive light.

It's hardly a witch hunt. See witches don't exist, but what Ben said does. It exists and is being talked about and it will now follow him for the rest of his career.

You think he would get hired by another company for anything having to do with community relations, if they have knowledge of these writings? I'm guessing not.
    Offensive humor: -

Only for people who have a sense of humor...and no agenda....

Edit: -

Actually these are better and the first joke is completely relevent: -

Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

Write about spiders? 

It is removed.

But to be honest it does not matter if the link is there or not. You said it's deleted on every controllable source implying that it was posted on several sites but only presented CIG Reddit where it was of course deleted.
    That is also now being reconstructed. It was the hundreds of pics of the news anchor woman. Yeh, now it says "parent directory" and you can get there in a round-about fashion, for now.
  • gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50

Were you not part of the witch hunt/lynch mob when the Saga of Lucimia guys were looking for a good-looking female for some volunteer video stream position?  Yes, I think you were.

I'm curious......why in the other thread were you railing about there being no place for sexism, but you have far more to choose from in Ben's Blog(?) but choose to instead attack the SC critics? 

How much $ are you actually in for?

• gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Hmm...did not quote.  @Torval for previous post
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited April 2016
    Honestly, I think the photos of that news anchor are more disturbing than anything he's said. I've heard more offensive things from a Bob Saget stand-up routine than I read on Lesnick's site. And yes, some of it is still pretty funny. 

SC has enough problems and concerns with its development. Going after the community manager for things he said almost two decades ago is completely unnecessary and a bit petty at this point. 

Shows just how thin skinned people are these days. Tell you what, if you can prove he actually still believes some of what he's said, I'll take it more seriously. Because all I see is a young person saying offensive stuff attempting to be funny and get a rise out of people. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

Write about spiders? 

It is removed.

That is also now being reconstructed. It was the hundreds of pics of the news anchor woman. Yeh, now it says "parent directory" and you can get there in a round-about fashion, for now.
     Ahh, so the cover-up is already in progress. I'm sure someone takes plenty of screen shots and other such saves. I also thought I read somewhere that his stalker site of that news woman has been reported to her people. Can't seem to find the link so if anybody else has it please share.

Vituperative criticism in a satirical context:

Translation: 
    http://lyricstranslate.com/de/schmähkritik-vituperative-criticism.html
    edited April 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

Write about spiders? 

It is removed.

As I said: Whatever! 

But what about other controllable sources where it has been deleted as implied by you?
This discussion has been closed.