Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A New way to raise money? - $15 account dispute fee

1235»

Comments

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    edited April 2016
    Brenics said:
    There has been big news today. Shocked no one is posting it.

But I hope everything works out, tell buddy to hold off on paying or even discussing it for couple weeks. Stuff getting real interesting. Monday should be a eye opener.
    15698 and 16574 are very hmmm sorry can't find any words for it

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:
    I'm still trying to figure out where the 15 dollar reference has come from, as the Redit OP stated originally that it was in the email, yet when linking said E-mail it said no such thing. Did they ever respond in the thread where that number came from, as I didn't see where they had. There was also no confirmation within the e-mail nor CIG response that that's what this was regarding. Yet people run with it as though that's what it is, no questions asked. Because obviously no one would tell half truths, or could possibly be mistaken on the internet.
    - CIG wants 15$
    - There is a dispute (not chargeback fee)
    - The user has no idea where this dispute comes from
    - CIG banned the users account
    - CIG will only release the bans if payment of 15$ for whatever is ... donated

Afaik that's the facts nothing more, nothing less
    No I get that that's what is being insinuated, The problem is what was used as proof of it didn't say that at all (that CIG wants 15 bucks). I'm just trying to figure out where that figure came from. Nothing more, nothing less. That figure would make all the difference in whether this is truly as the "facts" suggest, or whether it's in regard to something other than a "charge-back fee". As a Charge-back fee is apparently not legal... On the other hand..An account frozen due to a gray market purchase of something that was charged-back = Legal as well as legit reasoning for an account closure/ban...
    well if the figure was different than the stated one, the CIG guy wouldn't have confirmed it (at least not without a note)
    HE simply confirmed the E-mail, and said he wouldn't discuss the details as that is personal information to a third party in the scenario. Few if any CS reps would say anything more than he did in such a scenario. 

Frankly for me at this point there are just too many agendas involved to believe much of anything that is said by any party in this debacle outright.

ON top of that...When you have people willing to spend money on third party digital goods simply because it looks like a deal, it's a mess waiting to happen for all involved. Hence the question I asked and point I raised. 

Sure I could let confirmation bias take over and just fall in line with the dissent. Yet that would defeat the purpose of a forum and open debate.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• mr1602mr1602 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    The DM led to a website / posts that are very disturbing.Just some really awful awful awful words there. 
    The person even put up an update just now saying 'yes, these are my posts. But i've changed! Really!'.

However, can you please create a separate thread for that? I do not wish to derail this one.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited April 2016

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Distopia said:

ON top of that...When you have people willing to spend money on third party digital goods simply because it looks like a deal, it's a mess waiting to happen for all involved. Hence the question I asked and point I raised. 

Well to be fair CiG basically promoted this practice because it made them more money. So they either knew things like this would happen, they didnt care because they knew this is how they would handle it. Or they are too naive to see the cause and effect here. Neither of which are positive examples. 
  • DrakmarDrakmar Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Wow, more petty stuff, you really are digging to the bottom of the barrel for negative stuff on SC lol
  • ArmendiusArmendius Member UncommonPosts: 119
    This payment could be what is stated in the Directive of Europian Union. 50

If you exercise the withdrawal period and they do refund you, then they may ask a compensation for the services done.