Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A New way to raise money? - $15 account dispute fee

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Shodanas said:

I consider myself a fairly intelligent individual with more than adequate understanding of written English.

Yet i find myself struggling to comprehend what you just typed. And correlate it with the crosstalk between MisterZebub and Brenics.
    They dont all know everything that way if they get questioned they dont know all the answers and they think that will somehow save them from being prosecuted and/or sued.

Three guys have had their accounts held hostage. One of those guys opened a brand new account, that one was immediately banned as well. That shows they arent just banning accounts but individuals. For no reason except they got charged back on a practice they have promoted since day one.

The guy is lucky if all he lost was his ability to play the game because right now no one can play the game because it doesnt exist.

I didnt think it was all that confusing but if you can understand this post then I cant help you, maybe buy a Rosetta Stone.
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    rodarin said:
    Shodanas said:

I consider myself a fairly intelligent individual with more than adequate understanding of written English.

Yet i find myself struggling to comprehend what you just typed. And correlate it with the crosstalk between MisterZebub and Brenics.
    They dont all know everything that way if they get questioned they dont know all the answers and they think that will somehow save them from being prosecuted and/or sued.

Three guys have had their accounts held hostage. One of those guys opened a brand new account, that one was immediately banned as well. That shows they arent just banning accounts but individuals. For no reason except they got charged back on a practice they have promoted since day one.

The guy is lucky if all he lost was his ability to play the game because right now no one can play the game because it doesnt exist.

I didnt think it was all that confusing but if you can understand this post then I cant help you, maybe buy a Rosetta Stone.
    Think you guys need to buy a few years supply of tin-foil hats with all the bullshit you guys believe and make up.
  • mr1602mr1602 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    I'm not sure what the 'bullshit' angle is.
    A CIG staff verified that the email and the contents within (the $15 charge) are legit.

I guess the CIG staff can be lying? /shrug
    edited April 2016
    mr1602 said:

And the 'money laundering' is not against CIG but towards the other guy who was asking why it took more IDs to put money into the bank. Putting money into a financial institution is actually a big risk for them as the institution at the time of deposit doesn't know if the money is 'clean' or not.
    Well the reason I asked is because I got a loan a number of years back to get a car. They gave me a cheque which I proceeded to pay into my savings account. They asked for 3 forms of ID. Once they had put the money into my account the SAME teller asked me to present 2 forms of ID to take out some money from the same account. I queried it and they said that was just how it was....i.e. completly fucked up seeing as it was THEIR cheque I was paying in and the SAME teller asking me to present my ID. When I pointed out how invalid such a system was I was informed that is just how it is. 

So I don't for a second understand why it takes more ID to put money into an account and only 2 to withdraw...but like usual (especially in the UK)...point out how stupid a system is and tradition just gets in the way of actually designing a system correctly. 

Oh and a more recent conversation of fun I had with a bank...

Call up to report that I was unable to access my Internet banking account to check my statement. One of the security questions they asked was to tell them how much a recent transaction was for. I explained that, because I used Internet banking and was calling to report I could no longer get access to my statements online and that it was a stupid security question....they then cancelled my card and I was unable to use it to get cash out for 2 weeks...banks really are run by idiots supported by governments who make profits from the banks. 

How about that for tin-foil hat worthy!

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    lol
    well, with all the warning some peoples deserve it 

spend zero money, im pixel clean and watching the show with my pop corn
  • FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    im so glad i got my money back from backing this game.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Brenics said:
    @mr1602 I really feel for you and the mess CIG has created. But you are never going to get a fair shake on the problem here or any other forums (well maybe from a few of us) because you are hurting the reputation of CIG.  What ever reputation they have in the gaming market. If I was you and still have money in this then I would contact my bank and start the process of getting every penny you put in out by charge back. Sad part about all this and how CIG is reported by all our gaming sites they feel protected on all sides.

Even though I believe it is getting closer to CIG folding, I'm saddened how our favorite sites will report on new things with CIG when posted on their site. But until someone does a full investigation on the company they will continue to pull this on backers and ex-backers. 

Good luck and I hope you get out clean, then sit back and watch the whole thing collapse. 

Did you read the OP? he isn't the victim in the situation, hell even the Reddit poster isn't the victim (it's a "friend")....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

FeralLoki said:
    Well if you you invest in something like game development without having a clue how it works and have already pulled out I am sure it is for the best. Too many people invest and then spend the next 3 years complaining "are we there yet". 

You did the right thing not whining for the past 2 years like some here have done.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    FeralLoki said:
    Well if you you invest in something like game development without having a clue how it works and have already pulled out I am sure it is for the best. Too many people invest and then spend the next 3 years complaining "are we there yet". 

You did the right thing not whining for the past 2 years like some here have done.
    Yay some people just don't understand Star Citizen development.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

FeralLoki said:

dont blame the scammer but blame the peoples scammed, good job dude

brb getting more pop corn
    FeralLoki said:

Even better job at calling it a scam... Good Job 

FeralLoki said:

What scam....and why are you free to call it a scam?

Don't listen to the hate parade!
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited April 2016
    ok they are forwarding the chargeback fees to a 3rd person (who did not charge back) and to enforce this they are suspending ALL accounts of the person.

Sorry but I fail to see how this could be ok with anyone related to this project
    It isn't ok, it is almost certainly illegal to do so in the US.

But, the main remedy for such a thing is to file a lawsuit, which most people are not going to do for ~ $50-100 or get a state Attorney General's office (or equivalent) interested enough to looking into if CIG broke the law by doing this (but such a thing is not easy to do).

So, CIG "gets away with" this kind of BS because no one is really in a position to stop them from doing it, or willing to do the same over a few low value transaction to a few people.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Shodanas said:
    Kefo said:
    Shodanas said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    You come typing, basically, people who say bad things about Star Citizen are somehow in a more safe space behind keyboards and this all is about followers of Derek Smart.

Your attempt to derail the topic, because of your bogeyman fear, was countered and shut down. You get no links, because you're naughty Shodanas.

So, this is your new tactic people. When someone asks for any proof sanctioning your claims he gets accused for derailing the topic.

Let's be adults here shall we?  If you guys had any proof about the matter in question it would be parading all over mmorpg by now. With screenshots, pictures, links to mails from CIG asking for said fee etc. There is nothing of this sort on reddit. Nothing on CIG's forums. Nothing on the web.

I'm still waiting on the proof I asked you for in the game economy thread.
    If you're referring to what i typed about DS using CIG platform (namely forums) to promote LOD then i shall inform you that said threads (two i believe) where promptly removed by the moderators. And quite rightly so. And as we all know the prophet got booted as well.

However, i do have an uneasy feeling that he is still lurking CIG's forums via other accounts and proxies. =)

/shivers

So then no proof exists, gotcha just making sure. 
    FeralLoki said:

im not sure what you are asking, you want me tell you the definition of a scam ?? you can google it and read in wikipedia.

basicaly what these ''dev'' do are a very basic scam, they tell everyone they will get a cake if they pay money for it, they tell everyone the cake will taste what everyone want, it got everything everyone want...

while they make the cake, they lack money, they want more money, they tell more lie, they sell the cake in advance, the scam part ??

the cake was a lie, they were never a cake.

so yes start citizen register as a scam in my book, they are no game, but a very basic game, and you will never see the features they say will be in the game... this will be a very mediocre f2p space shooter, while some of these guy will enjoy the rest of their life with 110 millions dollard....

basicaly it will be nothing what everyone have pay for, it was a mcain cake.
  • mr1602mr1602 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Burntvet said:
    ok they are forwarding the chargeback fees to a 3rd person (who did not charge back) and to enforce this they are suspending ALL accounts of the person.

Sorry but I fail to see how this could be ok with anyone related to this project
    It isn't ok, it is almost certainly illegal to do so in the US.

But, the main remedy for such a thing is to file a lawsuit, which most people are not going to do for ~ $50-100 or get a state Attorney General's office (or equivalent) interested enough to looking into if CIG broke the law by doing this (but such a thing is not easy to do).

So, CIG "gets away with" this kind of BS because no one is really in a position to stop them from doing it, or willing to do the same over a few low value transaction to a few people.

If that occurred to me, I'd forward everything I had about the purchase and all correspondence to my bank with a charge back notice.

I know VISA has a 'fast clear this' note on anything related to CIG so the banks just forwards that request on and everyone is happy.
    Banks don't care cause they'll get the money/credit from the credit card company.
    Credit card company doesn't care cause no one is going to dispute whatever they do.

Btw, someone on twitter DM'ed me about some website? 
    Is this the next drama bomb? And why is it on archive.org?
    edited April 2016
    I'm still trying to figure out where the 15 dollar reference has come from, as the Redit OP stated originally that it was in the email, yet when linking said E-mail it said no such thing. Did they ever respond in the thread where that number came from, as I didn't see where they had. There was also no confirmation within the e-mail nor CIG response that that's what this was regarding. Yet people run with it as though that's what it is, no questions asked. Because obviously no one would tell half truths, or could possibly be mistaken on the internet.

edited April 2016
    Distopia said:
    I'm still trying to figure out where the 15 dollar reference has come from, as the Redit OP stated originally that it was in the email, yet when linking said E-mail it said no such thing. Did they ever respond in the thread where that number came from, as I didn't see where they had. There was also no confirmation within the e-mail nor CIG response that that's what this was regarding. Yet people run with it as though that's what it is, no questions asked. Because obviously no one would tell half truths, or could possibly be mistaken on the internet.
    - CIG wants 15$
    - There is a dispute (not chargeback fee)
    - The user has no idea where this dispute comes from
    - CIG banned the users account
    - CIG will only release the bans if payment of 15$ for whatever is ... donated

Afaik that's the facts nothing more, nothing less

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

FeralLoki said:

im not sure what you are asking, you want me tell you the definition of a scam ?? you can google it and read in wikipedia.

basicaly what these ''dev'' do are a very basic scam, they tell everyone they will get a cake if they pay money for it, they tell everyone the cake will taste what everyone want, it got everything everyone want...

while they make the cake, they lack money, they want more money, they tell more lie, they sell the cake in advance, the scam part ??

so yes start citizen register as a scam in my book, they are no game, but a very basic game, and you will never see the features they say will be in the game... this will be a very mediocre f2p space shooter, while some of these guy will enjoy the rest of their life with 110 millions dollard....

What evidence do you have, other then opinion, that this is a scam?

You do understand what DEVELOPMENT means? 

Using your cake example...

The cook is told to make cakes for 2 people. 
    He goes out, buys the ingredients, get back, starts mixing, turns on the oven and starts to bake.
    Then the cook is told that he needs to cook for 100 people. 
    Problem.
    Because the kitchen it not big enough for that number of cakes in the time allowed the Cook has to hire out a local hotel kitchen.
    He then has to hire people to go get all the ingredients, to prepare them and then to organise all the cooking. 
    Some of the 100 people arrive while all this is going on and start complaining that their cake is not ready. 
    The cook sits them down and tries to explain why it will take longer to cook 100 cakes rather then just 2. 
    These people say the cook is not making a cake. 
    The cook points to the kitchen, introduces all the other cooks in the kitchen, shows them the ovens are on and opens a couple to show the cakes rising. 
    Some of the guest start bitching and moaning saying just because the ovens are on and the cooks are hard at work the fact that there are unrisen cakes proves that the cook is lying about baking 100 cakes. 

There are a lot of people complaining about how long it is taking to make those cakes and telling the chef how to cook them when at best these same people struggle to make toast. 

Get out of the kitchen!

edited April 2016
    Distopia said:
    - CIG wants 15$

No I get that that's what is being insinuated, The problem is what was used as proof of it didn't say that at all (that CIG wants 15 bucks). I'm just trying to figure out where that figure came from. Nothing more, nothing less. That figure would make all the difference in whether this is truly as the "facts" suggest, or whether it's in regard to something other than a "charge-back fee". As a Charge-back fee is apparently not legal... On the other hand..An account frozen due to a gray market purchase of something that was charged-back = Legal as well as legit reasoning for an account closure/ban...

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I'm waiting for these guys to take all this money and buy their own tropical island and say screw you guys
    I'm waiting for these guys to take all this money and buy their own tropical island and say screw you guys
    They probably shouldn't have hired over 250 people and 4 offices and all the equipment for the offices then. 

I mean, for people to say the game is a scam they have to also believe that all the things they have spent money on so far are also part of the scam. That has got to be the dumbest plan to scam people out of money I have ever heard of.

The only thing I can think of dumber is believing there is a scam in the first place. You can argue about reaching their targets, or releasing anything of quality but the rest of the bullshit that gets thrown around....sorry but you (the general statement of you not you you) have to be real dumb to believe it. 
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:
    - CIG wants 15$

No I get that that's what is being insinuated, The problem is what was used as proof of it didn't say that at all (that CIG wants 15 bucks). I'm just trying to figure out where that figure came from. Nothing more, nothing less. That figure would make all the difference in whether this is truly as the "facts" suggest, or whether it's in regard to something other than a "charge-back fee". As a Charge-back fee is apparently not legal... On the other hand..An account frozen due to a gray market purchase of something that was charged-back = Legal as well as legit reasoning for an account closure/ban...
    well if the figure was different than the stated one, the CIG guy wouldn't have confirmed it (at least not without a note)

The cake is a lie.

edited April 2016

FeralLoki said:

What evidence do you have, other then opinion, that this is a scam?

You do understand what DEVELOPMENT means? 

Using your cake example...

The cook is told to make cakes for 2 people. 
    He goes out, buys the ingredients, get back, starts mixing, turns on the oven and starts to bake.
    Then the cook is told that he needs to cook for 100 people. 
    Problem.
    Because the kitchen it not big enough for that number of cakes in the time allowed the Cook has to hire out a local hotel kitchen.
    He then has to hire people to go get all the ingredients, to prepare them and then to organise all the cooking. 
    Some of the 100 people arrive while all this is going on and start complaining that their cake is not ready. 
    The cook sits them down and tries to explain why it will take longer to cook 100 cakes rather then just 2. 
    These people say the cook is not making a cake. 
    The cook points to the kitchen, introduces all the other cooks in the kitchen, shows them the ovens are on and opens a couple to show the cakes rising. 
    Some of the guest start bitching and moaning saying just because the ovens are on and the cooks are hard at work the fact that there are unrisen cakes proves that the cook is lying about baking 100 cakes. 

There are a lot of people complaining about how long it is taking to make those cakes and telling the chef how to cook them when at best these same people struggle to make toast. 

Get out of the kitchen!

You forgot to mention the drugs in the cakes and they didn't order more cakes it was more that after the drug cake preorders sold that good the cook decided to build an international wonder drug cake factory instead of serving the 2 cakes from the start and build up an drug cake factory empire afterwards.
    In the meanwhile over the years there are more and more customers waiting for their cakes and the cook sometimes show some ingredients, throws some old crumbs out and an old women is kneading dough with a picture of a wondrous drug cake factory in the back.

The cake is a lie.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    There has been big news today. Shocked no one is posting it.

But I hope everything works out, tell buddy to hold off on paying or even discussing it for couple weeks. Stuff getting real interesting. Monday should be a eye opener.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!