Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'MISC Prospector' Concept Ship

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
edited April 2016 in Star Citizen
Latest concept stage ship announced, this ship will only cost you $175 while it's in the current concept stage and RSI will be accepting your kind donations for this wonderful pencil sketch at your nearest faux RSI showroom from the 2016-04-22.
Be warned, when the ship leaves pencil sketch stage and enters hangar stage - the price will increase. After many months and many redesigns the ship will finally leave hangar stage and enter flight ready stage, at which point the price will increase yet again (you could barely make this up).

Make sure to get one before the price increases twice!!

N.B. These ships will not be available when the game launches (ETA 3-4 years) they will be made available for your pleasure at an undetermined point post release.

As always, Caveat Emptor.

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Sounds like the single pilot mining ship.

Hmm, no announcement on official homepage, Facebook or Twitter.

Please link your source.

Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Would have thought you would be more up-to-date on this than me to be honest.
    As you like your sources so much, here you are - https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326607

Thank you. 

Have fun
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    It's called MISC because the stats and design are kind of... TBC.  The price however is firmly known
    MISC = Musashi Industrial & Starflight Concern

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Musashi_Industrial_&_Starflight_Concern

Have fun

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Latest concept stage ship announced, this ship will only cost you $175 while it's in the current concept stage and RSI will be accepting your kind donations for this wonderful pencil sketch at your nearest faux RSI showroom from the 2016-04-22.
    Be warned, when the ship leaves pencil sketch stage and enters hangar stage - the price will increase. After many months and many redesigns the ship will finally leave hangar stage and enter flight ready stage, at which point the price will increase yet again (you could barely make this up).

Make sure to get one before the price increases twice!!

N.B. These ships will not be available when the game launches (ETA 3-4 years) they will be made available for your pleasure at an undetermined point post release.

As always, Caveat Emptor.

And as always, Iustum iudicium tuum
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    it's $140 not $175 - That means this sale will save you $35!!!111oneone *mounts donkey* *rides away*

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Ah so they are finally coming to the point they need more money.  Lets put more ships into a game we are having a hard time making.  Well we all know its not really about putting out another ship but its about getting more money so they can finish the project.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited April 2016
    filmoret said:
    Ah so they are finally coming to the point they need more money.  Lets put more ships into a game we are having a hard time making.  Well we all know its not really about putting out another ship but its about getting more money so they can finish the project.
    Do you have anything to back this up ? Any sort of proof ? Data, interviews etc.. Anything..

Btw, the clock for this E.L.E is ticking away.

I think we are going to have a good laugh with DS and his fan boy squad.
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:
    Do you have anything to back this up ? Any sort of proof ? Data, interviews etc.. Anything..

Proof right in front of you.  They haven't finished 80% of the ships they have already sold.  Don't you think if they could.  They would finish those ships before making new ones and selling those.  They need more money to finish the previous ships and make the game.  That is easy for anyone to see.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    filmoret said:
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:

Proof right in front of you.  They haven't finished 80% of the ships they have already sold.  Don't you think if they could.  They would finish those ships before making new ones and selling those.  They need more money to finish the previous ships and make the game.  That is easy for anyone to see.
    Apparently we have a different grasp about the definition of proof and proving something.

And this 80%.. You do not want me to tell you where you pulled it from, do you ? Unless you have some evidence, as in numbers, about 80% of sold ships not being functional.

Bear in mind that i am the owner of 3 fully functional ships.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:

Well, eventually Star Citizen will succumb to mathematics. $110 million dollars is not infinity dollars. Based on the size of their labor force they're likely spending close to $30 million per year all inclusive for labor, benefits, office space and equipment, utilities, etc. And since they hit that number in 2015, they've got until early 2018 before the money is largely gone. Of course, this is assuming zero dollars were spent prior to 2015, but for the sake of scale, their team was no where near the size it is now prior to that point, so being conservative here is fine.

So it's true we don't have the actual numbers, but money is being spent at some reasonable rate (and yes $30 million is very reasonable for a company of 300), so naturally that money won't last forever. If they're in a similar situation by 2017, then the heat will really be on, so 2016 will have to be a big progress year for them.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:

Apparently we have a different grasp about the definition of proof and proving something.

And this 80%.. You do not want me to tell you where you pulled it from, do you ? Unless you have some evidence, as in numbers, about 80% of sold ships not being functional.

Well its pretty simple to figure out. How many jpegs have they drawn, how many of those are in the test bed that people can fly? A quick count on the wiki it looks like around 100. So if there are not 20 or more available for people to fly then the 80% ids accurate.

And that is just TYPES of ships not actual hard individual ship numbers, but obviously as long as they are able to be flown by one they are able t be flown by all. They arent actual individual ships but code. Which was the original point people made about their price tag when this whole thing started.

But this new ship along with the fly free weekend, and the pattern this game has shown the past 3+ years it is very obvious what this is. I even predicted it in the fly free weekend thread. 
  • SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    rodarin said:
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:

Well its pretty simple to figure out. How many jpegs have they drawn, how many of those are in the test bed that people can fly? A quick count on the wiki it looks like around 100. So if there are not 20 or more available for people to fly then the 80% ids accurate.

And that is just TYPES of ships not actual hard individual ship numbers, but obviously as long as they are able to be flown by one they are able t be flown by all. They arent actual individual ships but code. Which was the original point people made about their price tag when this whole thing started.

But this new ship along with the fly free weekend, and the pattern this game has shown the past 3+ years it is very obvious what this is. I even predicted it in the fly free weekend thread. 
    Do proper research young Padawan:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TZgzbirTbLMj9oLJlMKYpefDo4cL430UQfmhy2HyUJU/htmlview

But be careful you must... the hate is strong in you... feeling this I can. 
    rodarin said:
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:
    Shodanas said:
    filmoret said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TZgzbirTbLMj9oLJlMKYpefDo4cL430UQfmhy2HyUJU/htmlview

Ok so the 80% was a made up number.  Now thanks i have the real numbers and its 66 out of 105 ships aren't flyable.  So thats what 62%.   Oh sorry i missed it by a little just flying numbers off the top of my head.  At least I didnt overshoot 20 million to be over 150 million.
    18% difference is not marginal. But it is 69,3% therefor only 10,7 % difference. And there are some ships like the Vanduul ship and some SQ42 related ships that are ready but not shown to the public because of spoiler.

But that is not important at all. More important is that once again things are made up, blown up or  made worse without proper proof or evidence. 

Its all all about the drama and making things more dramatic than they are. 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    One way or the other, when this game launches some people are going to be greatly disappointed. 

A. I purchased $500 in ships but the game easily allows people to earn money in it and buy all these same ships in a matter of 2 months.  Why the heck did I spend that money

B. I hate this game.  People who purchased expensive ships have the advantage and I am not working 8 hours a day for a year to try and afford one.  I'm outtie.

I am very curious about which way it will go.  You would want to keep the whales but if the game launches with a reputation of Pay to Win the population will shrink fast.  If you go the other way, you might tick off the whales who feel they have wasted their money.

Balance is one of the hardest things to get right in any video game, especially when it comes to the economy and the cash shop.  So many companies do this wrong at launch and lose valuable customers.  Archeage is a great example, they cut labor points at launch and earned the game a P2W rep and even after they fixed it people still think of the game as P2W due to the labor issue from launch. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

OK so 34 of 105 ships are flyable. 68% arent.

Now you can play the semantics game of what 'finished' means. But I could also play the semantics game of what is 'flyable' since about half the ship in the test bed are bugged beyond use, and calling them 'flayble' is pretty generous. But I wont I will simply take the hard numbers at face value.

But I am sure one could take the number of specific types of ships (exclude the different versions/skins) and come up with a number that might also be closer to 80% than the over all numbers. 

In other words if there are 3 types of ships and one type has 10 versions/skins and the other two had 5 versions/skins that list would say there are 20 total ships. If 10 of one type were flyable that would represent 50%. But in fact it could also be only 33% because only one type (skeleton) of ship was flyable. SO just because it has twice the amount of skins as the others doesnt mean much. Only one skeletal model of 3 is flyable.

I will leave that to the hardcore critics to break down, but its looks to me like there are a lot of skeletal models that arent done yet. 
    rodarin said:

Are you including all the variants?  The Mustang has 3 variants with a bit of stat changes so I dont think those should count since it only requires a slight modification from the base model.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Anyone know when Chris said it costs 3 million a month to develop the game?
    filmoret said:
    Don't know exactly when he said it but he said it. In context he said that if they have 3 million per month they can work with full force, if they have less than they need to scale down teams. 

Use this site:

http://www.scqa.eu/

Could not not find the part but maybe you can. 
    filmoret said:
    That was back a year or two ago.  They have fired subcontractors like Illfonic since then so it might be a much lower number now.

Last number was around 300 people in the Development Team - about 15 % of them from subcontractors like Turbulent. 170 of the team  in UK.  

That is up from 266 late last year. 

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Talonsin said:
    filmoret said:
    That was back a year or two ago.  They have fired subcontractors like Illfonic since then so it might be a much lower number now.

The math was done a while ago in a old thread using the industry average for a dev. I'll look it up eventually (gotta go to work) or someone can go through my post history if they feel the need.
    Talonsin said:
    rodarin said:

Are you including all the variants?  The Mustang has 3 variants with a bit of stat changes so I dont think those should count since it only requires a slight modification from the base model.
    yeah I commented on that further down in the post. I dont know how many 'skeletons' there are. I just counted blue boxes in the 'flyable' column.

But there are 105 ships listed how many of those are unique I dont know. I am sure someone can count them. I do know several of them do have simply different skins, which obviously means those ones are no where near as difficult to produce as an unflyable one with a different skeleton. I mentioned it all before I just didnt link all that stuff which is a cardinal sin, but its always funny when they DO link something it makes THEIR argument worse somehow.
This discussion has been closed.