Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They Are Bringing Garrisons Back Again

cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129
edited April 2016 in World of Warcraft
Amazing they simply wont learn...i think for some sinister reason they are trying to kill the game. Yes they are using garrisons again!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by MikeB on

Comments

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Class Order Halls aren t the same thing, but have some small similarities.
  • cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129
    I am sorry mate. It is the same shit EXACTLY.
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384

Not sure I agree with this, but can you show me how they re the same thing?

• huihuhuhuhuihuhuhu Member UncommonPosts: 53
    open ur eyes mon,learn to readmon,run bitches run

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    There was an extensive blue post yesterday (from MMOChampion.com):

I completely understand the concerns. What you're currently seeing in Alpha are bits and pieces of a system that is still coming together, untuned and often even inconsistent between classes, without additional context. And as a result, there's also a fair bit of misinformation floating around (for example, the cap on active champions/followers is 6, not 20). We haven't published a full explanation of the system, because we're still working out a few of the details - that's the nature of Alpha. And of course in the absence of information, seeing an interface that looks a lot like a reskinned version of what you're used to in Draenor garrisons (followers -> champions, garrison resources -> order resources, etc.), it's easy to assume that this is just a continuation of the old system.

I'd like to at least shed light on some of our goals and philosophies, and the core ways in which Class Order missions in Legion are going to be very different from garrison missions in Warlords. The mission system in Warlords was conceived as a core part of the garrison experience, and a self-contained progression that offered rewards that competed with other traditional content.

We approached Legion unsure whether there would even be any continuation of mission gameplay at all. We focused instead on the artifact and class order systems, creating traditional content to provide the experience of forming a band of the greatest champions of your class to combat the Legion, with an eye towards class identity and replayability. We want your journey through the Broken Isles to feel meaningfully different in at least a few key ways depending on whether you are a mage, a warrior, a demon hunter, etc.

Once we had the backbone of our order systems in place - a campaign quest arc wherein you recruit champions to aid your cause, and an order hall tech tree where you research upgrades - we saw what seemed like a good fit for a version of the old mission gameplay to provide another outlet for leading the champions you've gathered, and spending the order resources you've earned out in the world. But it is far more limited in scope, and designed to be a much smaller piece of Legion than missions were in Warlords - it's serving a larger system, rather than trying to stand alone as a system in and of itself.

There are fewer followers (champions), fewer and less frequent missions; but more importantly, the system is more closely tied to the game world itself. Order resources come from playing the game normally, and will come primarily from doing World Quests at max level. If you get a "raid mission," it won't give you a piece of raid loot directly; it will give you a quest to kill a specific boss in that zone, in exchange for a bonus piece of loot. In general, from the ground up, missions in Legion are not intended to be an alternate progression path, or a self-contained activity. We don't think of them as "content." But they are a useful additional outlet to complement core traditional content, such as dungeons, outdoor questing, and raids.

We'll have more details to share in the future, but hopefully this helps clarify some of our broader goals and provides some context to what you may be seeing in game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ohlmsjmohlmsjm Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited April 2016
    cyricson said:
    I am sorry mate. It is the same shit EXACTLY.
    Not even close but thanks for taking the actual time to research that instead of this sky is falling, clickbait.

They haven't even fleshed all of the details out of the Class Order Halls yet so the OP is nothing more than trolling. Move along.
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    hes right go check out some videos or streams i cant believe they added this crap to legion .i prepurchased expecting blizz to bring something new not add bits of wod which was hated and boring,very lazy imho.
    edited April 2016
    natpick said:
    hes right go check out some videos or streams i cant believe they added this crap to legion .i prepurchased expecting blizz to bring something new not add bits of wod which was hated and boring,very lazy imho.
    Having played alpha extensively, it's not even close to the same thing. Read the blue post above. Additionally, the entire system is neither fully implemented nor fully revealed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    I feel they are trying to add in the insane anima weapon system from Final Fantasy XIV ARR into the game and don't realize how horrible the system was.  Very few people actually did the grind except for the die hards.  WoWs greatest strength is the cathartic, laid back atmosphere of wandering about and doing what you want in short spurts to progress your character, but at the same time it has to be able to offer advancement just as going to new zones or switching things up at proper intervals to keep it going.  The reason end game just dies is because it's too much of the same thing over and over again.

Anima weapon grinding failed because it was largely running to the same fates, doing the same thing over and over again, for little to no payoff until way later.   Also, there was no sense of "I'm making good progress" when doing the anima grind:  It was an all or nothing affair depending on ones luck with RNG.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    well atleast it seems to encourage you to go out in the world a bit from what i've seen and that is something the game really should do alot more instead of just shuffling you into instance after instance.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    SBFord said:
    natpick said:
    Having played alpha extensively, it's not even close to the same thing. Read the blue post above. Additionally, the entire system is neither fully implemented nor fully revealed.
    I think the point people are trying to get across here is they don't want it added at all.  They don't care how small it is, they don't want a facebook style game in the game.  It was one of the worse features in the last XPAC as it was just a time management mini game which few gamers actually enjoy.  Feeling like you have to go to your base and send out these minions based on real world time or you were going to miss something was not a good idea.  And continuing to run with that idea no matter how small a scope is a bad thing.  It will not bring players to the xpac it will in fact probably push more away.
    to all those who say its not the same and that i am trolling...tell me if i choose not to play even a minute with the missions and the followers, will my character advance or not? will my artifact be complete or not? i think you are the ones trolling or at least hope that blizz learns from its mistakes....wake up guys.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    I think people need to understand something, Blizzard have the player statistics.

If nobody was doing them they would not be doing it again, you may not like them but a ton of people obviously do.
    So according to your logic, if blizz loses another 3 million ppl it is ok! Just because 1 million will be playing wow. Cool!!
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    scorpex-x said:
    I think people need to understand something, Blizzard have the player statistics.

If nobody was doing them they would not be doing it again, you may not like them but a ton of people obviously do.
    Just because people do content, doesn't mean they enjoy it. Raiders had no choice but to do garrisons every week for the gear. People who wanted disposable gold had no choice but to do garrisons for the gold. Crafters had no choice but to do garrisons for the easy access to mats.

People are going to take the path of least resistance, sure crafters could have bought all their mats from AH and ignored garrison, but that's a waste of a huge amount of money. People who wanted gold could have ignored their garrisons and gone about gaining gold a million other ways, but you could easily get 20k+ gold from each garrison each week so again, a monumental waste to not partake in them.

So tl;dr, just because people did garrisons, doesn't mean they liked doing them.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

edited April 2016
    Guys ppl didnt like garrisons, garrison lovers are few. Most play WoW cause they cant find anything better. What amazes me is that they tied to the new garrisons the weapon and character advancement, It is like they have no clue as to what is going on with the player base.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited April 2016
    Sephiroso said:
    scorpex-x said:

Just because people do content, doesn't mean they enjoy it. Raiders had no choice but to do garrisons every week for the gear. People who wanted disposable gold had no choice but to do garrisons for the gold. Crafters had no choice but to do garrisons for the easy access to mats.

People are going to take the path of least resistance, sure crafters could have bought all their mats from AH and ignored garrison, but that's a waste of a huge amount of money. People who wanted gold could have ignored their garrisons and gone about gaining gold a million other ways, but you could easily get 20k+ gold from each garrison each week so again, a monumental waste to not partake in them.

So tl;dr, just because people did garrisons, doesn't mean they liked doing them.
    Well maybe the updates will make it better right?
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Not sure what is wrong with Garrison's per se, I kind of wish they were more fleshed out but I like how they help my alts get through crafting faster.  I don't enjoy the shipyard part of Garrison's, that's for sure.  But I like Garrison's as a whole to a degree.  I am liking that the Class halls will be slightly similar just not as huge a part of the expansion as Garrison's were of the last.  The Artifact system alone is what is drawing me to this expack anyway, finally getting some class individuality back again.
    edited April 2016
    Honestly, I wish that class halls would evolve into player housing -- complete with furniture and trophies that could be displayed on the walls. Perhaps not quite as instanced as garrisons are, but maybe similar to LOTRO's housing system. Add in a guild hall too and it'd be loads of fun. Imagine being able to travel through old dungeons and raids to get a special thingy to hand on the walls -- Invincible's saddle or Illidan's ponytail or, instead of turning it in for a meager reward, Onyxia's head. :D

Also, racial or class specific decor should be available too. It's always grated on my Belf DK's nerves to "live" in an orc-themed garrison. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Torval said:
    natpick said:
    That was really silly.
    Sephiroso said:
    scorpex-x said:

So you're playing something you don't like or enjoy because you have to. That is just insane especially when you're paying $15/mo to do it. You're sending the wrong signal. It's like people who bitch about cash shops and then spend $150 a month in them because they "have to".

So how is Blizz supposed to know that this content isn't like? By listening to the 1% of the 1% who nerd rage on the forums? That's even more insane than the guy above who prepurchased content with some expectation that his personal checklist would be met.

If what you say is true and people really don't like this sort of thing, and I'm skeptical that anyone here really has the pulse of the 5M subscribers, then they've made their bed and have to deal with the consequences. At some point you just have to say no and then follow through with it. Actions speak much louder than words.
    You are right my friend, if they go on with this they lost my money. But remember that this is a forum. It is a place to write about things you are interested in.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    natpick said:
    You prepurchased. And as a result the incentive for Blizzard to release "something worthy" let us say is diminished. Enough people pre-purchase and Blizzard can push out utter rubbish and it has already sold.
    edited April 2016
    The question that looms large for me when reading the Blizzard response is: "This is releasing when?"
    Colt47 said:
    I feel they are trying to add in the insane anima weapon system from Final Fantasy XIV ARR into the game and don't realize how horrible the system was.  Very few people actually did the grind <snip>
    And DAOC and LotR and ... they all added lots and lots of grind; got to keep people subbed after all.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    cyricson said:
    Amazing they simply wont learn...i think for some sinister reason they are trying to kill the game. Yes they are using garrisons again!!!!!!!!!!
    Just because you dont like them, doesn't mean others feel the same way. I love them. Ive made boatloads of gold this expansion off of them.. instead of spending hours flying around fighting for resources I can log in, do all my garrsions, and be done.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station