Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how sure are you this game will be as promised?

Comments

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Talonsin said:
    Really?

So what percentage of games that get funded actually make it to Alpha?
    What percentage to Beta?
    What percentage to release?
    How many take under a year to develop?
    How many take 1-3 years?
    How many take 5 years?
    How many take 5-10 years?
    How many have taken longer then 10 years?
    What percentage of games are the same from original GDD to release?
    What percentage of games have minimal changes from GDD?
    What percentages of games totally change genre or delivery mechanism from GDD to release?

I am all ears seeing as you seem to have an in depth knowledge of how game development works, enough to pass judgment at least.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

So what percentage of games that get funded actually DONT make it to Alpha?
    What percentage DONT MAKE IT TO to Beta?
    What percentage DONT MAKE IT TO to release?
    How many DONT take under a year to develop?
    How many DONT take 1-3 years?
    How many DONT take 5 years?
    How many DONT take 5-10 years?
    How many have NOT taken longer then 10 years?
    What percentage of games are NOT the same from original GDD to release?
    What percentage of games DONT have minimal changes from GDD?
    What percentages of games DONT totally change genre or delivery mechanism from GDD to release?

One set without the other is meaningless.  You go first big boy...
    Burden of proof friend. 

You made the claim, now you need to back up that claim. 

Otherwise I can dismiss it as made up bullshit. 
    Talonsin said:
    Talonsin said:
    Look, you finally made a quality point without making an attack or saying something negative!

I am so proud of you!

It has been a great week for you and Erillion.  You both have grown so much.  It brings a tear to my eye to see my two boys growing up like this.  I am quite proud of you both.
    Yeah it is funny, I start off making a point knowing full well you will try to pervert it and say as much. Then when I take out the accusation you agree while at the same time confirm what I said previously. 

So glad to make you happy. 

Now please grow up yourself. 
    No where in my post did I say I agree with you.  I was just happy you seemed to be able to post without insult or negativity.

Sadly I see it was just a hiccup and you are right back to doing it again.  I
    My bad then. The phrase "finally made a quality point" suckered me into thinking you wouldn't back track and actually understood my point.....le sigh!
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Erillion said:
    filmoret said:
     and haven't found anyone to do it. 
    Proof ?

Job ads for network engineers (on their webpage or when CR offers people a job in his v-blogs) not necessarily mean that CIG has found not a single network engineer. It only means that they are enlarging this section of their workforce.

In the project management triangle of time - resources - scope  they are increasing resources to keep time from increasing (if scope stays the same - which it does since the 64 million stretch goal).

Have fun
    Of course they have engineers.  They haven't filled all of the engineer jobs.  Which Chris himself said he has been trying to find more for a while but just can't get anyone.  Which makes me wonder why they cant fill the positions since they have been looking for quite some time.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited April 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Brenics said:
    You want to talk development?

So why can't CR get the kind of people he needs?

"In fact, less than two weeks ago, Chris himself confirmed – again – that the networking layer needed to be redoneTranscript of that segment. And that he can’t find qualified networking and physics engineers to hire for the project. That’s the start of his pattern of making excuses for failures. And he’s done that all before; it’s no secret."

No one that is good at making games and doing network wants to work for him. It sure wouldn't be because of DS. That is a big problem. 
    Is this the NEXT ELE or like all doomsday prophets should we just ignore what you keep preaching and get on with out lives?
    [mod edit]
    Typo?....bit dyslexic so please enlighten me so I can at least learn my mistake.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546

Not sure how to comment this. From what I've play tested, everything that they've said has been truths, some of the other stuff that they're still working on may not be there, but I've little doubt of it making it into the game.

To each their own on this. I believe more people have misunderstood what they've read/heard/seen than was meant to be read/heard/seen. 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited April 2016

Take a guy off ignore to see what's all the hubbub. What do I find, but the best typo ever. 
    Typo?....bit dyslexic so please enlighten me so I can at least learn my mistake.
    "get on with out lives?" I would assume that, unless you're wishing us all death of course. :P

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:

Take a guy off ignore to see what's all the hubbub. What do I find, but the best typo ever. 
    "get on with out lives?" I would assume that, unless you're wishing us all death of course. :P
    Oh right....that is about as interesting as the ELE event I guess...anything to avoid talking about that fuck up I guess.

Distopia said:

Oh right....that is about as interesting as the ELE event I guess...anything to avoid talking about that fuck up I guess.

ELE event?

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion said:

With almost 1.4 million interested "Star Citizens" it is impossible to 100 % satisfy 100 % of those Star Citizens when many of them have mutually exclusive expectations.  Especially if some of them believe that EVERYTHING that was at one time mentioned in a "10 for the Chairman" videoblog will be there in the game on launch day.

So ... IMHO for some this game will NOT be as THEY understood the promise.

Have fun

PS

Hmm, I am thinking of finally getting a sig ....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Line of Defense – The Extinction Level Event

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266620/discussions/0/365163686074597249/
    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I read the first paragraph as....

I made allot of promises, I took their money............What? Now you want me to deliver......lolz
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Distopia said:

ELE event?
    extinction level event event
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

ELE event?
    Yeah apparently some big news was to be revealed today that would mean the end of SC....did you miss it? Yeah so did the rest of the world...
    edited April 2016

Erillion said:

With almost 1.4 million interested "Star Citizens" it is impossible to 100 % satisfy 100 % of those Star Citizens when many of them have mutually exclusive expectations.  Especially if some of them believe that EVERYTHING that was at one time mentioned in a "10 for the Chairman" videoblog will be there in the game on launch day.

So ... IMHO for some this game will NOT be as THEY understood the promise.

Have fun

PS

Hmm, I am thinking of finally getting a sig ....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Line of Defense – The Extinction Level Event

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266620/discussions/0/365163686074597249/
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I read the first paragraph as....

I made allot of promises, I took their money............What? Now you want me to deliver......lolz
    Can you provide the quote where that is said. The one you quoted did not say that. 
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

ELE event?
    Yeah apparently some big news was to be revealed today that would mean the end of SC....did you miss it? Yeah so did the rest of the world...
    Been four weeks already? Damn this year is flying by.

Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:

ELE event?
    Sounds like one of those crazy kooky doomsday predictions that always get canceled at the last minute. Were the stars read wrong again?

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited April 2016
    Burden of proof friend. 

You made the claim, now you need to back up that claim. 

Otherwise I can dismiss it as made up bullshit. 
    What claim did I make?  That poor leadership results in delays?  [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Distopia said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:

ELE event?
    Sounds like one of those crazy kooky doomsday predictions that always get canceled at the last minute. Were the stars read wrong again?
    Probably read the numbers wrong. Like 2012... the real date for the end is 2102

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited April 2016
    Let's see, Star Marine = Canceled (it is already in pu). Star Citizen = On hold (a lot believe it is canceled because they do not have enough money). Persistent Universe = Oh hold (again due to money believe canceled). SQ42 = All hands on deck to try and get it working and released (maybe in 2017, one problem not enough money).

So I think you guys better get busy and get CR another 100m dollars, he clearly has money issues. He said he would have to start cutting if they didn't bring in 3m a month. That sure looks like cutting to me. 

So that could very well = E.L.E..

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Brenics said:
    He said he would have to start cutting if they didn't bring in 3m a month.  

No, he quite clearly stated running costs were about 3 million a month. No indication on how much they have spent or what they had left to spend or how long their finances would last. BIG difference. 
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited April 2016
    On a completely different topic, do you guys think we are allowed to have a separate thread for discussing this ELE thing?   It doesn't really fit in the topic of this thread and would be hilarious to discuss.  I just dont want to waste the effort if you think they will close it like they did the LOD off steam thread.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I want all the pro guys in here to give a prediction on when they think there will be a game world/universe that will remain (persistent). Then all the critics.

I will start: I think they will TRY to put out a persistent universe (server set up) by July or early Aug. I dont think it will be stable until Thanksgiving. I also think that with everything I know and (think) that is a very generous guesstimate.
    rodarin said:
    I want all the pro guys in here to give a prediction on when they think there will be a game world/universe that will remain (persistent). Then all the critics.

I will start: I think they will TRY to put out a persistent universe (server set up) by July or early Aug. I dont think it will be stable until Thanksgiving. I also think that with everything I know and (think) that is a very generous guesstimate.
    Judging where they're at with planetary features (judging based on the video shared in another recent thread), where their flight model is (based on videos), as well as other features based on videos I don't think we can expect a wider galaxy spanning game for another couple years. They're still very much at the stage where everything is acting rather wonky, TBH what I see reminds me a lot of Stargate's playability in it's early pre-alpha stages. Which is not a good thing at all. IT speaks to a myriad of issues in the framework itself. 

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Because persistent universe is on hold and them going full speed on SQ42 I say 2019 and only if they get more major funding. As in SQ42 maybe in 2017 but it will be nothing like he said it would be. 

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    edited April 2016
    Talonsin said:

For the most part I agree....unless the same questions keep getting asked and no matter the reply will continue to get asked.

"What colour is the sky?"
    "Blue"
    "No really, what colour is the sky?"
    "It is really Blue, look"
    "But seriously what colour is the sky?"
    "You didn't even look when I pointed...it is Blue"
    "You say it is Blue but what colour is the sky really?"
    "It's fucking blue!"
    "Getting angry now are we? You must be hiding something. What colour is the sky really?"
    "Fuck off moron!"

Nice analogy...  I have one too

"When is the game expected to be launched?"
    "2014"
    "Its 2015, when will game be launched?"
    "Star Marine is coming this year"
    "Its 2016, no game and no Star Marine, what gives?"
    "You cant hold me to artificial deadlines"
    "oh"
    How about this.

Shit happens, deal with it. 

If you are clueless how Star Citizen development works don't get involved. 
    FTFY KKTB

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Brenics said:
    Because persistent universe is on hold and them going full speed on SQ42 I say 2019 and only if they get more major funding. As in SQ42 maybe in 2017 but it will be nothing like he said it would be. 
    they need a persistent universe to run SQ 42 the way they claimed they would.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    rodarin said:
    Brenics said:
    they need a persistent universe to run SQ 42 the way they claimed they would.
    How I understood it, cause there will no co-op in SQ42 (they moved it to Star citizen PU), it would be enough for SQ42 to have a local save file.
    Persistence in anything online is different you need to spread it over the network and the client has to rebuild the "other guy" from scratch.
    Usually this is done in a black box (Take Char model + nose03 + weapon05 > put stuff together > Change position/quaternion to actual position > wake char up) - If there is a change (Guy got other nose/shirt/additional leg) Change Inventory slot and tell client to rerender (Black box is used only in the first iteration cause to many inventory slots needs to be updated and nobody likes floating eyeballs around the scene).
    The Data is handled through a cloud database, I really do not know why the CIG servers have some kind of FPS backend *puzzled*. 

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.