Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Has Been The Best MMO Expansion?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    Planes of Power in EverQuest. The massive amount of raids, flagging, Alternate Advancement....was one of the best high-end/raid-level expansions I've ever played through. 
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Marvel Hero 2015

MH went from a meh game, to a good game. 
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    WoW: Wrath Of The Linch King was great!!
  • RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Same EQ Kunark and Velious
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Ill go with Mines Of Moria and Planes Of Power.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It of course will depend on what games you like,moist i know agree that COP "Chains of Promathia" was an awesome expansion for FFXI.

Usually most expansions in games are very sad,5 new levels one new gear set a few new instances,really sad now i think about it.I have yet to see a single expansion that has got me to come back to a game i quit or to a game i considered bad,meaning nothing was fixed or improved.

Basically expansions are just very cheap products that devs use to gain some fast quick profits,you know 6-12 months work for 30-45 bucks compared to 5-7 years to make the game and selling for 30-60 bucks.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    The Burning Crusade probably tops my list of favorites.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Yep, Moria was great... amazing area, fun classes, and the LI system (a great idea, which was later ruined by the level cap raises).
    Still, for the best one I'd say CoV. Maybe not even qualifies as an expansion since it was a standalone game, playable without the original CoH. Basically a new game, in the form of an expansion. You can't beat that :wink: 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    My favorite was Luclin in EQ. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    EVE Online - Revelations.  At the time, this expansion added a good 25% more features and ships to the game than already existed.  It was huge.

It introduced Scan Probing, Inventions, Rigs for ships, Combat Boosters (Drugs!), Eight new regions, Four new battlecruisers and four new battleships.

There still hasn't been an expansion better than this one overall.  There have been lots of good expansions, but this one is so much bigger and better than the rest.  I wish they would get around to adding this much content to the game with every expansion.

The Revelations trailer was made in 2006 and looks like crap by today's standards, so instead, This is EVE:

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    AO: Shadowlands....loved it

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    T2A for UO.

Red Moon Rising for EVE.

Can't think of any others. Mostly each expansion that comes out is a backwards negative step in my experience rather than a good thing. 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Burning Crusade probably.  Added tons of new stuff to the game, and flying mounts was a new thing at the time.

I also really liked Mines of Moria for LOTRO (although I know I'm in a minority for that).
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Mines of Moria for Lotro like some have mentioned.

Jump to Light Speed for SWG. Space content was added.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    The one good thing about this thread is that is has me re-downloading LOTRO to check out how far it has come.  I haven't played it since the first six months it was out.  First time I'm hearing from several people that Mines of Moria was a good expansion.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited April 2016
    I'd say JTL in SWG as well. Reason being outside of EVE's updates it's one of the only expansions I can think of that added true longevity to a title, it wasn't a one off piece of story content, a raid or gear focused entry, etc... It served distinct purposes and expanded playstyles from the time of it's release until the servers were shutdown..
    Post edited by Distopia on

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Wrath of the Lich King. Best expansion for WoW and it helped bring in a ton of new players that games like Rift, SWtor, gw2,  and ESO have all benefit from.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Stuck between Luclin in EQ, Burning Crusade WOW.  Only two that seriously stand out.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Wow , so many good ones listed here , that i have forgotten about  and enjoyed.. As a whole when you look at it we have beem spoiled as gamers..

But yea .. Moria was so immersive and fun when it launched ... T2A was fantastic ,dangerous , on the edge of your seat fun.. Shadowlands ..hell yea..  And Kunark and Velious yes sir great fun hard to choose one ... (and why must agree with Kano again) and Wows BC ... 

But if i had to choose one to experience again it would be T2A UO ...
  • LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    I am almost afraid to say it here, but I really liked Wrath of the Lich King. It also had the best cinematic trailer ever, imo.

I really liked PVE in that expansion. Training for the Ice Crown Citadel raid in Trial of the Crusader made it all somewhat credible and immersive. Not to mention it was the very expansion where you got to face the Lich King (Arthas) who had always been the main character in Warcraft, for me. The LK fight itself and pretty much the whole ICC was epic as well.

Even before that, Naxxramas and Ulduar were great raids we used to farm in 25 man mode with my guild.

Instances in this expansions were awesome as well.

Those were great times. It was the last WoW expansion that I considered to be truly amazing. Since then, WoW has lost its magic, for me.

Besides WoW expansion, I really liked Chronicles 2-4 in Lineage 2.
    I've started to come a point where I'm not really ashamed anymore by the fact that I was a huge WoW fan back in the day. I had tons of fun with my friends, wouldn't trade it away for a second.

I feel that you and me Coretex666 might be the only two who actually enjoyed the TotC part of Wotlk. I even enjoyed doing the dailies outside the instance, I found them to be a great start to each day. Good influx of gold, not too challenging nor timeconsuming.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited April 2016
    Shrouded Isles for DAOC has always been a personal favorite for me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    Shrouded Isles fir DAOC has always been a personal favorite for me.
    lol , dam forgot about that one , what a great time that was ....
  • BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    EQ - Kunark because lizards!
    LOTRO - Moria because it had a lot of content, was gorgeous, and intense because I'm a bit claustrophobic :)
    WOW - WoTLK because it completed a fantastic lore arc with Arthas. 
    EVE - Revelations: I kind of started EVE in this time frame so this is mostly nostalgia
    Destiny - Taken King: I feel like this xpac really made the game. Sorry for it not being a true MMORPG ;)
    ESO - Thieves Guild: This one really gave me some fun PVE content, slowed the game down a bit from the grind to 50 I had become addicted to, and added a solid new system to the game that can and should be built upon in future content. While not content heavy, I think it was a step in the right direction if Zeni can get the bugs and server issues fixed ASAP. Sorry to the PVPers though, you won't find much here.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    If we are calling A Realm Reborn an expansion for FFXIV, then that really did it for me. It turned a game I was insanely hyped for (but was extremely disappointed by originally) into one of my all time favorite MMOs to date. Additionally, I really liked Heavensward for FFXIV, BC/WOTLK for WoW as well.