Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could describe BDO in one word, what would you choose?

Comments

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Awesomegameyouaremissingoutifyoudontplayit
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Overwhelming

(in a positive way)
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Systems

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,772
    cashshop 

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,772
    solo

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Waste.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Refreshing.
    X2
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Awsomesauce.

Vanguard, Star Wars Galaxies, and Archage had a baby it seems.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 814
    v_Ve said:
    Trash.

Over-hyped.

Shallow.

Inferior.
    That's four words. ;-)

I do agree with over-hyped and shallow, however.
    Shallow.  I'll never understand this.  This game has more in-depth systems and game play than almost any game i've ever seen.  I have to believe this is by a poster who either has not played the game or just made a character and grinded to max level ignoring all the content, systems, and game play.
    In depth it is not. A lot of systems that are just a hidden mini game/grind it is. So shallow it definitely is for someone who thinks like I do.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Deltois said:
    In depth it is not. A lot of systems that are just a hidden mini game/grind it is. So shallow it definitely is for someone who thinks like I do.

Games not shallow.  It has massive depth to it.  The uninformed are the only ones claiming the opposite.  Making false statements and pretending that everything is an opinion, doesn't make those statements true or more valid than reality.  But alas, that is the world we now live in.
    Explain the depth of it to me then.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 917
    Disappointing (for an old Lineage player off course).
    Hmm, just what I thought.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    MEH..glad  i only spent 30$ iv spent much more on worse..another run of the mill korean grinder hidden behind what seems to be a paywall
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,764
    Deltois said:
    Hmm, just what I thought.
    Go troll somewhere else. You don't like the game...so what? Bye.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

It s not trolling, I m actually interested in what people consider deep systems nowadays.

No need to be all up in arms about it.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,547
    One word?  comes to my mind VERY quickly "overrated"

I have never said it is complete rubbish but it is definitely not very good because certain design flaws are just horribly bad.They have taken a mildly decent game design and turned it down several levels.

If done properly,i could give the game a 6/10 but done in it's current state it is a 3/10,bad enough that i couldn't get past day 4 and just wanted no part of the game anymore.

IMO MANY will see games as i do when they get older and no longer feel like they have countless days to WASTE time in poorly designed games.You begin to ONLY want really good games to spend your many hours/days playing anything less feels like a waste of time.I feel like i have actually reverted back to my youth when i played a lot of sports,got out of the house and did not see any sense in hanging out in the house gaming.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Can't
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,554
    Deltois said:

It s not trolling, I m actually interested in what people consider deep systems nowadays.

No need to be all up in arms about it.

People confuse different with depth - Black Desert has different systems than your typical MMO, but each system is very linear and straight forward once you get used to it.

The depth is what people say because they are unfamiliar with a new system.
  • DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Iselin said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

(would be interesting if people put if they have played it other than the 7 days trial or betas, and acutally owned it)
    well to be fair the OP asked to describe BDO in one word and some cant manage that , and now you expect people to post play time and ownership.......
     You mean besides the fact that it's an obvious bait thread since the op said "describe in one word", then continued to go on a tangent covering his own opinion?
    Not to mention that he derailed his own thread by using "Random Number Generator" as his one word lol.

But yeah, he seems to be obsessed with BDO customer service, although I don't think he's told us in any of his threads just what indignity he suffered at their hands... he's always pointing at threads of others having issues with them.

So OP, show us on the doll where that bad CS touched you.
    Oh, I've stated several times what is wrong with BDO's customer service. The only reason I linked the thread I did is because it happened to be 1 of 1000's of threads that a GM actually responded to. If you bothered to even read some of the GM comments, they basically admit to being swamped / backlogged with tickets.

Sounds like poor company management / preparation to me. MMO's are not a new market. Most game companies should have a very good grasp on what is needed for a successful game, specifically the launch. BDO isn't a new MMO. It's been in Korea for almost 2 years. Basically DAUM came to NA / EU as if they had never launched a game before.

If you want specifics, how about the fact I've been waiting 10 days for my initial response as to why I can't use their cash shop. Sure, 10 days is nothing right? That is the longest I've had to wait for any response from a gaming company. There are people with the exact same problem as me that have been waiting for several weeks. Don't worry though, I used to promote ArcheAge back in the day too, until XLGames and Trion completely F'd that game up. I don't see DAUM / Pearl Abyss doing much better at this point.

RNG may have been multiple words, but the the fact it's an acronym makes it one word that represents the name of a function or entity. How would I describe the function of Random Number Generator in one word?
     Number one it was a new company, can you show me a current game juggernaut that has not over the years had their issues with slow customer service. Even Blizzard had this problem years 1-2, EA still has this problem, Riot games too. Even Mythic back in the day charged me $1600 dollars on accident. NCSoft has terrible customer support, Trion as well. Seriously what game company that hasn't been around 10+ years with millions/billions of dollars hasn't had bad support at one time or another. Spare us your bias please.
    Funcom quietly sneaks out of the room hoping no one noticed its presence. 
  • Eadan1Eadan1 Member UncommonPosts: 344
    edited April 2016
    Deltois said:
    Try afk fishing. You will see the depth when your bait goes 3 meters below the surface.
  • george99george99 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Shallow
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Entitled - this could actually describe quite a few games now a days
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Deltois said:
    Just saw this.

Random thoughts not organized off the top of my head.

Involved storyline with NPCs that have motivations that are based on said storyline.

A conversation system that is based off this and your relationship to them based on your knowledge affects your potential success rate.

NPCs that are random and appear or disappear based on conditions such as time of day.

Day and night (true night) cycle with the best weather system ever seen in an MMORPG.

Evolving cities based on player interaction and completions. 

Crossroads Quests that chain into other quests and storylines.  Fishing hotspots with hundreds of different fish to catch for achievement hunters. 

Thousands of quests where many only show themselves when certain conditions are met.  Many of these quests can be found in areas where you were before.  None of this clear a zone and move on gameplay.

Node connections to unlock to build out with resources and workers to gain more materials to craft.  

Trade route system based on node unlocks and value of trade managers sales based on how many players sold to said NPC at a certain time.  Keeps players on their toes to keep looking for the best Trade Manager deals.

Places to unlock that give you different options based on what you want to craft.  A system that strongly encourages alts to build up more contribution and energy. 

An involved guild system (that's not fully functional yet) that pays members for contribution with contracts in performance reviews. 

Huge content updates that increase land mass for more exploring. 

Systems within the game that encourage exploring through the massive knowledge (achievements) that can be unlocked. 

Most NPCs you talk to have an involved story and place in the world. 

The buildings can be entered and explored and contribute to the story as well in many cases further enhances exploration reward. 

An involved combat system that can push skill for those that want that kind of game play. 

A housing system to build up for investment banking opportunities. 

Detailed settlements and cities (calpheon being downright massive one of the biggest cities ever in an MMORPG) that further encourage exploration yet again. 

Energy system which puts limits on crafting which encourages people to buy things from Marketplace to save their own energy to craft.  IE- making distilled water has value to alchemist as an example.

A horse catching and breeding system.

Hundreds over different kind of fish you can catch based on location and hotspots.

To come: GvG siege wars.  Territory control.

But believe what you want.  I'll let reality speak for itself.