Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could describe BDO in one word, what would you choose?

Comments

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 349
    complicated
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Overhyped.
  • DatastarDatastar Member UncommonPosts: 341
    cashgrab
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
      Wow .. Vanilla , where ya get that , i havent played Wow in many years ... But i agree with your assesment of Wow ....   Really reachin now , and so desperate ... lmfao

But , i suppose this is the kind of bevaior we should expect from someone who doesnt have any idea what they are talking about , .. You really should at least atke the time to read my comments in that thread before .. Hmm you make a fool of your self here...
    I'm too lazy to go through your post history, but I thought I saw you posting in that WoW vanilla shard thread. Anyway, irrelevant from the facts. The facts are, BDO has many features that other games don't have, which I like. They keep the world feeling interesting and alive, such as as the weather which I love. It's one of the things I wish older games had like DAoC, instead of the same weather cycle every day. There's so many things like that it's hard to mention them all. Are there things that could still be done better? Yes, there always will be. That's why the market will continue to evolve and change whether you like it or not. If you want to brush off innovation, and take a back seat so be it, but don't spout nonsense about how this game has no innovation, then try to argue semantics. 

It reminds me of the South Park episode where they say "Simpsons did it first," we know it's been done before but it's not the same, so get over it and enjoy, or go play one of your old games.
       Lol wow , whatever the defintions of Innovation are right there , and there Seamless tech which is what this was about , fits none of it , but twist and turn and flip and flop like a fish outa water trying to desperatley claim Innovation but can show None ...

BTW i play BDO , am lvl 30 and enjoy some aspects of the game , but , these things arent innovation .. the defintion proves it and Daums actions by not puilling patents confirms it .. What are these other features that other games dont have ... Many ...?    name  6
     Yes the definition is there waiting for you to understand it. It doesn't have to mean something completely new, it can mean something old but changed in a way to make it better or up to date. There are countless examples in history, but sadly you aren't interested in facts. You are only interested in your regressive view. 
    It would seem that you are the one that is having trouble comprehending the definition of "innovation". I play BDO and I do not see anything that hasn't been done before.

Let me give you an example of innovation: Playing BDO in a Holodeck.
  • LurianarLurianar Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Rejuvenating

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Interesting

Also, at times - frustrating
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Truhaze said:
    Truhaze said:
    Why do you gents have to turn everything into a bitchfest? Some of us here are interested in the original posts and not your impotency issues. Stick on topic please.

Thanks
    Alt
    Im not an alt. I just finally read enough BS to post something. Been on this forum for years.

Somehow I think you all need to just focus on something more positive.

Is there a true forum here for a decent MMORPG to get involved in? Anything worthwhile to play that isn't Pay to Win, or full of hackers?
    If you've been here for years you would already know that no one here focuses on anything positive.

Get a grip. This is "Cry me a River" Central...dot...com...

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,070
    edited April 2016
    What is sad is that the OP asked for a single word yet the same usual suspects still felt the need to bring their little forum crusade in this thread too.

For me, it just shows the total lack of respect some people have for other posters just because they hide behind a computer screen.

PS: I know I also just made a post with more than one word, but my first post respected the thread, and now it's too late to save it anyway.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• Deth70Deth70 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Fun! (to bad people don't know how to have it anymore)
  • JasonosJasonos Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Awesome
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Trash.

Over-hyped.

Shallow.

Inferior.

Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    v_Ve said:
    Trash.

Over-hyped.

Shallow.

Inferior.
    That's four words. ;-)

I do agree with over-hyped and shallow, however.

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Bouncy
  • DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Almost
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Fun

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,147
    Magnetic - it attracts fans and detractors alike... actually the detractors just can't seem to get enough. Maybe it attracts them more?
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • ShavaKaShavaKa Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Sloppy.
  • ShrikeArghastShrikeArghast Member UncommonPosts: 124
    'Pointless.'
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Temporary.
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 234

Uninstalled

• AnzrielAnzriel Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Mediocre
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,780
    Scorchien said:
    Volgore said:
    innovative.
         What has BDO done that is Innovative?

They figured out a way to put a package together in such a way that many people are enjoying.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,913
    Scorchien said:
    Volgore said:
    innovative.

They figured out a way to put a package together in such a way that many people are enjoying.
       Wow .. not even worthy of a response ...

On another note , Would any Moderator care to explain Why ? Several posts from this thread have magically disappered , without any notification, indication , or warning ... .. Really very interesting ...
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,780
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Volgore said:
    innovative.

Wow .. not even worthy of a response ...

And yet...........
  • GorlanGMOGorlanGMO Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Trash.