Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could describe BDO in one word, what would you choose?

124678

Comments

  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,612
    DMKano said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    DMKano said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Yes, I use AdBlocker Pro from google chrome. I'll turn that off and see if that fixes it.

    EDIT: Unfortunately, that's a no go. I'm pretty sure their finance department has inadvertently flagged innocent accounts as possible hacked accounts. Thanks for the advice though, because oddly enough, I did just start using that program because BDOFoundry is hot mess in regards to add popups. 
    I use ABP and cash shop works just fine for me.


    Yeah, it's just weird how random this issue is. Some people say to use paypal, which didn't work. Some say to close out the game and only use the website, which didn't work. Some say to use a different browser, which didn't work. I guess I could mail them a check, lol.
    The root of the issue is that the billing company they have this outsourced to .. well sucks.

    This is why western publishers have billing done locally to the region - US, EU would have completely separate billing systems - DAUM having no western presence didn't take time to establish proper ecommerce relationships with regional banks - and this is what happens.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again - a major western publisher would have done billing 10x better.
    Well, this is the 4th launch of the game and I know DAUM isn't happy right now. I'm not even upset about not being able to buy anything, but rather the fact they don't respond to anyone about it.

  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I just can't describe it in one word.. sorry.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    I just can't describe it in one word.. sorry.
    "Sorry" seems like a good choice.
    ______________________________________________________________________
    ~~ postlarval ~~

  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    overwhelming.

    when you load in the game for the first time, that's definitely the way it feels.  it takes a while to understand all of the game systems and WTF to do besides the obvious (kill stuff)
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,914
    edited April 2016
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    lmfao ... err  no laoding zones has already been done ... many times as far back as Asherons Call...  really weak attempt.. How do you reverse something that is ongoing in a multiple MMos already .... weaaaak sooo weakkk

      think ill make a cheeseburger on charcoal grill and name it innovation
     Yes if you understand the word innovation, that's exactly what it means. Improving on, or bringing up to date a process or design. Doesn't matter if it's been done before, the games where it has been done before are all dead and gone. 

    Edit: I'm not sure if you think things through before you post, but no obviously making a cheeseburger on a grill is not innovation. Now if you invent the next portable George Foreman grill that doesn't make things taste like ass, you might have an innovation on your hands. You see how this works?
    So by those standards ,everything ,everywhere ,ever done is innovative , but wouldnt that make nothing innovative .... aint that rich ..

      If thats all you got you hang onto that innovation ,....   as pathetic as it is..

         Copying is not innovative its ..well....copying .... and there is nothing wrong with that .. but its not innovative ..

    Definition of innovative

    • : introducing or using new ideas or methods

    • : having new ideas about how something can be done

    1.
    tending to innovate, or introduce something new or different;



    Full Definition of innovation

    1. 1 :  the introduction of something new

    2. 2 :  a new idea, method, or device


    nnovative, innovational, groundbreaking(adj)

    being or producing something like nothing done or experienced or created before


    The term "innovation" can be defined as something original and more effective and, as a consequence, new, that "breaks into" the market or society.


     I dunno man , doesnt seem to me that copying a 15 year old+ technology done by numerous devs in numerous games is innovative in any way....
          

      and btw .. come to mind qwikly are 2 seamless zoneless games running are UO and AC, hmm is Archeage also ... i beieve it is ... may be others...





  • JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Failure... In two world, Epic Failure.
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Amusement
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Scorchien said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    lmfao ... err  no laoding zones has already been done ... many times as far back as Asherons Call...  really weak attempt.. How do you reverse something that is ongoing in a multiple MMos already .... weaaaak sooo weakkk

      think ill make a cheeseburger on charcoal grill and name it innovation
     Yes if you understand the word innovation, that's exactly what it means. Improving on, or bringing up to date a process or design. Doesn't matter if it's been done before, the games where it has been done before are all dead and gone. 

    Edit: I'm not sure if you think things through before you post, but no obviously making a cheeseburger on a grill is not innovation. Now if you invent the next portable George Foreman grill that doesn't make things taste like ass, you might have an innovation on your hands. You see how this works?
    So by those standards ,everything ,everywhere ,ever done is innovative , but wouldnt that make nothing innovative .... aint that rich ..

      If thats all you got you hang onto that innovation ,....   as pathetic as it is..

         Copying is not innovative its ..well....copying .... and there is nothing wrong with that .. but its not innovative ..

    Definition of innovative

    • : introducing or using new ideas or methods

    • : having new ideas about how something can be done

    1.
    tending to innovate, or introduce something new or different;



    Full Definition of innovation

    1. 1 :  the introduction of something new

    2. 2 :  a new idea, method, or device


    nnovative, innovational, groundbreaking(adj)

    being or producing something like nothing done or experienced or created before


    The term "innovation" can be defined as something original and more effective and, as a consequence, new, that "breaks into" the market or society.


     I dunno man , doesnt seem to me that copying a 15 year old+ technology done by numerous devs in numerous games is innovative in any way....
          

      and btw .. come to mind qwikly are 2 seamless zoneless games running are UO and AC, hmm is Archeage also ... i beieve it is ... may be others...





    3 dead games I used to play, got it, I've moved on to better games, you still don't seem to understand innovation. By your logic Edison wouldn't be an innovator because he copied ideas that were already around and made them better. You'd say that Bill gates wasn't an innovator because he didn't have the first idea for an operating system even though he improved it?
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,167
    Revitalizing. 

    Sure its not without faults but we need more games like this in the genre right now.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,914
    edited April 2016
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    lmfao ... err  no laoding zones has already been done ... many times as far back as Asherons Call...  really weak attempt.. How do you reverse something that is ongoing in a multiple MMos already .... weaaaak sooo weakkk

      think ill make a cheeseburger on charcoal grill and name it innovation
     Yes if you understand the word innovation, that's exactly what it means. Improving on, or bringing up to date a process or design. Doesn't matter if it's been done before, the games where it has been done before are all dead and gone. 

    Edit: I'm not sure if you think things through before you post, but no obviously making a cheeseburger on a grill is not innovation. Now if you invent the next portable George Foreman grill that doesn't make things taste like ass, you might have an innovation on your hands. You see how this works?
    So by those standards ,everything ,everywhere ,ever done is innovative , but wouldnt that make nothing innovative .... aint that rich ..

      If thats all you got you hang onto that innovation ,....   as pathetic as it is..

         Copying is not innovative its ..well....copying .... and there is nothing wrong with that .. but its not innovative ..

    Definition of innovative

    • : introducing or using new ideas or methods

    • : having new ideas about how something can be done

    1.
    tending to innovate, or introduce something new or different;



    Full Definition of innovation

    1. 1 :  the introduction of something new

    2. 2 :  a new idea, method, or device


    nnovative, innovational, groundbreaking(adj)

    being or producing something like nothing done or experienced or created before


    The term "innovation" can be defined as something original and more effective and, as a consequence, new, that "breaks into" the market or society.


     I dunno man , doesnt seem to me that copying a 15 year old+ technology done by numerous devs in numerous games is innovative in any way....
          

      and btw .. come to mind qwikly are 2 seamless zoneless games running are UO and AC, hmm is Archeage also ... i beieve it is ... may be others...





    3 dead games I used to play, got it, I've moved on to better games, you still don't seem to understand innovation. By your logic Edison wouldn't be an innovator because he copied ideas that were already around and made them better. You'd say that Bill gates wasn't an innovator because he didn't have the first idea for an operating system even though he improved it?
    definiton is right there.. matter a fact 5 of them from 5 different sources , which one best fits BDO innovative Seamless tech ... ohh btw if they had done anything new or innovative with said tech , they would have pulled a patent on it ... can you produce that ?
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    edited April 2016
    Scorchien said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    lmfao ... err  no laoding zones has already been done ... many times as far back as Asherons Call...  really weak attempt.. How do you reverse something that is ongoing in a multiple MMos already .... weaaaak sooo weakkk

      think ill make a cheeseburger on charcoal grill and name it innovation
     Yes if you understand the word innovation, that's exactly what it means. Improving on, or bringing up to date a process or design. Doesn't matter if it's been done before, the games where it has been done before are all dead and gone. 

    Edit: I'm not sure if you think things through before you post, but no obviously making a cheeseburger on a grill is not innovation. Now if you invent the next portable George Foreman grill that doesn't make things taste like ass, you might have an innovation on your hands. You see how this works?
    So by those standards ,everything ,everywhere ,ever done is innovative , but wouldnt that make nothing innovative .... aint that rich ..

      If thats all you got you hang onto that innovation ,....   as pathetic as it is..

         Copying is not innovative its ..well....copying .... and there is nothing wrong with that .. but its not innovative ..

    Definition of innovative

    • : introducing or using new ideas or methods

    • : having new ideas about how something can be done

    1.
    tending to innovate, or introduce something new or different;



    Full Definition of innovation

    1. 1 :  the introduction of something new

    2. 2 :  a new idea, method, or device


    nnovative, innovational, groundbreaking(adj)

    being or producing something like nothing done or experienced or created before


    The term "innovation" can be defined as something original and more effective and, as a consequence, new, that "breaks into" the market or society.


     I dunno man , doesnt seem to me that copying a 15 year old+ technology done by numerous devs in numerous games is innovative in any way....
          

      and btw .. come to mind qwikly are 2 seamless zoneless games running are UO and AC, hmm is Archeage also ... i beieve it is ... may be others...





    3 dead games I used to play, got it, I've moved on to better games, you still don't seem to understand innovation. By your logic Edison wouldn't be an innovator because he copied ideas that were already around and made them better. You'd say that Bill gates wasn't an innovator because he didn't have the first idea for an operating system even though he improved it?
    definiton is right there.. matter a fact 5 of them from 5 different sources , which one best fits BDO innovative Seamless tech ... ohh btw if they had done anything new or innovative with said tech , they would have pulled a patent on it ... can you produce that ?
     Sorry but if you need help on the term innovation, I'd suggest a 6th grade English teacher would get you further than I could. I don't necessarily have the patience to deal with you not understanding that just because something is similar, doesn't mean it's not innovative. There's too much counter evidence to your view, just because WoW copied many parts of EQ, and DAoC does not mean it didn't innovate qualities of gameplay for it's own game. Likewise here with BDO, just because they didn't invent the seamless world, does not mean they didn't innovate by throwing in convenience features while still providing the atmosphere of a single world.   

    Edit: It's as if you refuse to read the definition you posted.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,914
    edited April 2016
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    lmfao ... err  no laoding zones has already been done ... many times as far back as Asherons Call...  really weak attempt.. How do you reverse something that is ongoing in a multiple MMos already .... weaaaak sooo weakkk

      think ill make a cheeseburger on charcoal grill and name it innovation
     Yes if you understand the word innovation, that's exactly what it means. Improving on, or bringing up to date a process or design. Doesn't matter if it's been done before, the games where it has been done before are all dead and gone. 

    Edit: I'm not sure if you think things through before you post, but no obviously making a cheeseburger on a grill is not innovation. Now if you invent the next portable George Foreman grill that doesn't make things taste like ass, you might have an innovation on your hands. You see how this works?
    So by those standards ,everything ,everywhere ,ever done is innovative , but wouldnt that make nothing innovative .... aint that rich ..

      If thats all you got you hang onto that innovation ,....   as pathetic as it is..

         Copying is not innovative its ..well....copying .... and there is nothing wrong with that .. but its not innovative ..

    Definition of innovative

    • : introducing or using new ideas or methods

    • : having new ideas about how something can be done

    1.
    tending to innovate, or introduce something new or different;



    Full Definition of innovation

    1. 1 :  the introduction of something new

    2. 2 :  a new idea, method, or device


    nnovative, innovational, groundbreaking(adj)

    being or producing something like nothing done or experienced or created before


    The term "innovation" can be defined as something original and more effective and, as a consequence, new, that "breaks into" the market or society.


     I dunno man , doesnt seem to me that copying a 15 year old+ technology done by numerous devs in numerous games is innovative in any way....
          

      and btw .. come to mind qwikly are 2 seamless zoneless games running are UO and AC, hmm is Archeage also ... i beieve it is ... may be others...





    3 dead games I used to play, got it, I've moved on to better games, you still don't seem to understand innovation. By your logic Edison wouldn't be an innovator because he copied ideas that were already around and made them better. You'd say that Bill gates wasn't an innovator because he didn't have the first idea for an operating system even though he improved it?
    definiton is right there.. matter a fact 5 of them from 5 different sources , which one best fits BDO innovative Seamless tech ... ohh btw if they had done anything new or innovative with said tech , they would have pulled a patent on it ... can you produce that ?
     Sorry but if you need help on the term innovation, I'd suggest a 6th grade English teacher would get you further than I could. I don't necessarily have the patience to deal with you not understanding that just because something is similar, doesn't mean it's not innovative. There too much counter evidence to your view, just because WoW copied many parts of EQ, and DAoC does not mean it didn't innovate qualities of gameplay for it's own game. Likewise here with BDO, just because they didn't invent the seamless world, does not mean they didn't innovate by throwing in convenience features while still providing the atmosphere of a single world.   

    Edit: It's as if you refuse to read the definition you posted.
    so which defintion best fits it ... or show me a patent...

     Fainboi is ridiculous deperate attempt to say something in BDO is Innovative and this all you can come up with .. shows you fail ... Nothing they have doen is innovative , Hell i would bet that Daum would tell you that themselves ... Hey we are the 14th MMo to produce a seamless world .... Such innovation .. ... Someone get us an Award ...

     But hey why stop at seamless world ...

      Hey we got Orcs ..... innovation...

      We got Trees................. innovatioooon

      We got horse we got a friggin Herd of horses we are givin them away .. Innovation

        What ... Fishing  you say ..yes we have it .. innovation..

      Cooking you asked for .. ohh hell yea got that to ...look at us gooo

  • TruhazeTruhaze Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Why do you gents have to turn everything into a bitchfest? Some of us here are interested in the original posts and not your impotency issues. Stick on topic please.

    Thanks
  • Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Quazal.A said:
    Pointless
    This describes every action that mankind does except procreation because in the end we all turn into either soil or ashes
    With that world view isn't procreating just as pointless all the offspring do is turn into soil or ashes as well.  
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Truhaze said:
    Why do you gents have to turn everything into a bitchfest? Some of us here are interested in the original posts and not your impotency issues. Stick on topic please.

    Thanks
    Alt
    ______________________________________________________________________
    ~~ postlarval ~~

  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Scorchien said:

    so which defintion best fits it ... or show me a patent...

     Fainboi is ridiculous deperate attempt to say something in BDO is Innovative and this all you can come up with .. shows you fail ... Nothing they have doen is innovative , Hell i would bet that Daum would tell you that themselves ... Hey we are the 14th MMo to produce a seamless world .... Such innovation .. ... Someone get us an Award ...

     But hey why stop at seamless world ...

      Hey we got Orcs ..... innovation...

      We got Trees................. innovatioooon

      We got horse we got a friggin Herd of horses we are givin them away .. Innovation

        What ... Fishing  you say ..yes we have it .. innovation..

      Cooking you asked for .. ohh hell yea got that to ...look at us gooo

    That's great yeah you obviously don't understand nuance and differentiation. Yes they have fishing, but if you think it's the same quality of fishing as WoW or some other themepark you're mistaken. Yes they have weather, but not every game has a weather system in the map, with varying intensity of storms where some are small in one area and some are huge which cover half a continent with lightning, wind, and rain with puddles forming on the ground.

     Sure other games have horses, not every game allows you to tame them in the wild visually roping the horse and struggling to bring it in. Then allowing you to breed them and get many different results. Not every game has a horse racing section of the game. 

    You see the subtle changes? That's called innovation.  
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,914
    edited April 2016
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:

    so which defintion best fits it ... or show me a patent...

     Fainboi is ridiculous deperate attempt to say something in BDO is Innovative and this all you can come up with .. shows you fail ... Nothing they have doen is innovative , Hell i would bet that Daum would tell you that themselves ... Hey we are the 14th MMo to produce a seamless world .... Such innovation .. ... Someone get us an Award ...

     But hey why stop at seamless world ...

      Hey we got Orcs ..... innovation...

      We got Trees................. innovatioooon

      We got horse we got a friggin Herd of horses we are givin them away .. Innovation

        What ... Fishing  you say ..yes we have it .. innovation..

      Cooking you asked for .. ohh hell yea got that to ...look at us gooo

    That's great yeah you obviously don't understand nuance and differentiation. Yes they have fishing, but if you think it's the same quality of fishing as WoW or some other themepark you're mistaken. Yes they have weather, but not every game has a weather system in the map, with varying intensity of storms where some are small in one area and some are huge which cover half a continent with lightning, wind, and rain with puddles forming on the ground.

     Sure other games have horses, not every game allows you to tame them in the wild visually roping the horse and struggling to bring it in. Then allowing you to breed them and get many different results. Not every game has a horse racing section of the game. 

    You see the subtle changes? That's called innovation.  
    No .. all those things been done ... thats called copying ... and nowhere in any of the defintions does it suggest what you are suggesting is innovation ...

      I did think of one that they did tho ...


                                 !PARKING!                  i admit , i have never seen a horse parking before ..

      And ya know . i stand corrected .. yes AFK Fishing ... that is new .. you really doant have to do anything at all ... very Innovative

     
    And if ya could , educate me , explain these subtle magical diferentiations , you speak of ... Reiterate on that ...

      Is it the magical pop up people in there seamless world , i would agree that , that is a new one in a seamless world ...
  • TruhazeTruhaze Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Truhaze said:
    Why do you gents have to turn everything into a bitchfest? Some of us here are interested in the original posts and not your impotency issues. Stick on topic please.

    Thanks
    Alt
    Im not an alt. I just finally read enough BS to post something. Been on this forum for years.

    Somehow I think you all need to just focus on something more positive.

    Is there a true forum here for a decent MMORPG to get involved in? Anything worthwhile to play that isn't Pay to Win, or full of hackers?
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Pretty
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,914
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:

      very good .. resort to name calling when you have no basis to your claims of innovation ... very good , and shows you fail ..

               You have a VERY nice day ...

      Now help me out would that be innovation  , because i addded VERY ...i wanna be innovative

     Subtle but different .. it qualifies ...                winner
     You've made a fool of yourself in my opinion. I'm not interested in debate with someone who doesn't understand the meaning of innovation. By your logic nothing is an innovation if it's been done before. Tesla isn't innovating the car market because we already have cars that work, so they are just copying Benz&Daimler.  Your logic is backwards, and you know it. All games are just copies of one another there is no such thing as innovation move along folks @Scorchien has it all figured out.
      Well im still waiting , tell me then , what they have done with Seamless tech that is different , new, Subtle ... tell me .. What ..

       They have done nothing with this TEch .. nothing at all .. from wheat i see , its another seamless world .. Ok and thats fine .(and there is nothing wrong with that ) . So each seamless world that comes out from now on is Innovative .. Really .. so  i would think the first one was ... and then each one after that is .. well we been thru this , copying a previous idea... And again there is nothing wrong with that ...

      But i am still waiting for you to point to the definition that best descrbes this Innovation .  I listed from 5 different sources, And all you give me is these magical sublte, unseen, undetecable,magical ways that you implay ...
    Are you drunk? Or just ignorant? I've already given you plenty of examples of why this game has more to offer than others on the market. The weather system, the art, the combat pace if you enjoy action combat, convenience features mixed with open world play, server wide progression on all characters. Guilds that actually pay salaries to keep players engaged. There's tons of small quality of life features in the game that involve interesting innovations to make the game a fresh take on old systems. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:

      very good .. resort to name calling when you have no basis to your claims of innovation ... very good , and shows you fail ..

               You have a VERY nice day ...

      Now help me out would that be innovation  , because i addded VERY ...i wanna be innovative

     Subtle but different .. it qualifies ...                winner
     You've made a fool of yourself in my opinion. I'm not interested in debate with someone who doesn't understand the meaning of innovation. By your logic nothing is an innovation if it's been done before. Tesla isn't innovating the car market because we already have cars that work, so they are just copying Benz&Daimler.  Your logic is backwards, and you know it. All games are just copies of one another there is no such thing as innovation move along folks @Scorchien has it all figured out.
      Well im still waiting , tell me then , what they have done with Seamless tech that is different , new, Subtle ... tell me .. What ..

       They have done nothing with this TEch .. nothing at all .. from wheat i see , its another seamless world .. Ok and thats fine .(and there is nothing wrong with that ) . So each seamless world that comes out from now on is Innovative .. Really .. so  i would think the first one was ... and then each one after that is .. well we been thru this , copying a previous idea... And again there is nothing wrong with that ...

      But i am still waiting for you to point to the definition that best descrbes this Innovation .  I listed from 5 different sources, And all you give me is these magical sublte, unseen, undetecable,magical ways that you implay ...
    Are you drunk? Or just ignorant? I've already given you plenty of examples of why this game has more to offer than others on the market. The weather system, the art, the combat pace if you enjoy action combat, convenience features mixed with open world play, server wide progression on all characters. Guilds that actually pay salaries to keep players engaged. There's tons of small quality of life features in the game that involve interesting innovations to make the game a fresh take on old systems. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.
       Again all those things been done before , in numerous games ,.... hmmm small quality of life features .. Tons of them ... that are Innovative ... Im interested ,, Cause contrary to your belief you have not given one example yet , If you need i can wait while you go back and read the thread again ...
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 715
    Quazal.A said:
    Pointless
    This describes every action that mankind does except procreation because in the end we all turn into either soil or ashes
    K
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 482
    RNG has always been in RPG's. Here's some old school RNG :) 


  • CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Worldly
  • SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293
    In 1 word, I'd describe it as... Vanilla.

    image

    Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • CodeFuzerCodeFuzer Member UncommonPosts: 104
    "Expensive"
    First word that comes to mind as well.
Sign In or Register to comment.