Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could describe BDO in one word, what would you choose?

Comments

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Rhoklaw said:

Iselin said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

(would be interesting if people put if they have played it other than the 7 days trial or betas, and acutally owned it)
    well to be fair the OP asked to describe BDO in one word and some cant manage that , and now you expect people to post play time and ownership.......
     You mean besides the fact that it's an obvious bait thread since the op said "describe in one word", then continued to go on a tangent covering his own opinion?
    Not to mention that he derailed his own thread by using "Random Number Generator" as his one word lol.

But yeah, he seems to be obsessed with BDO customer service, although I don't think he's told us in any of his threads just what indignity he suffered at their hands... he's always pointing at threads of others having issues with them.

So OP, show us on the doll where that bad CS touched you.
      How would I describe the function of Random Number Generator in one word?
    Slots, gambling. :pleased: 
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Rhoklaw said:

Iselin said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

(would be interesting if people put if they have played it other than the 7 days trial or betas, and acutally owned it)
    well to be fair the OP asked to describe BDO in one word and some cant manage that , and now you expect people to post play time and ownership.......
     You mean besides the fact that it's an obvious bait thread since the op said "describe in one word", then continued to go on a tangent covering his own opinion?
    Not to mention that he derailed his own thread by using "Random Number Generator" as his one word lol.

But yeah, he seems to be obsessed with BDO customer service, although I don't think he's told us in any of his threads just what indignity he suffered at their hands... he's always pointing at threads of others having issues with them.

Oh, I've stated several times what is wrong with BDO's customer service. The only reason I linked the thread I did is because it happened to be 1 of 1000's of threads that a GM actually responded to. If you bothered to even read some of the GM comments, they basically admit to being swamped / backlogged with tickets.

Sounds like poor company management / preparation to me. MMO's are not a new market. Most game companies should have a very good grasp on what is needed for a successful game, specifically the launch. BDO isn't a new MMO. It's been in Korea for almost 2 years. Basically DAUM came to NA / EU as if they had never launched a game before.

If you want specifics, how about the fact I've been waiting 10 days for my initial response as to why I can't use their cash shop. Sure, 10 days is nothing right? That is the longest I've had to wait for any response from a gaming company. There are people with the exact same problem as me that have been waiting for several weeks. Don't worry though, I used to promote ArcheAge back in the day too, until XLGames and Trion completely F'd that game up. I don't see DAUM / Pearl Abyss doing much better at this point.

RNG may have been multiple words, but the the fact it's an acronym makes it one word that represents the name of a function or entity. How would I describe the function of Random Number Generator in one word?
     Number one it was a new company, can you show me a current game juggernaut that has not over the years had their issues with slow customer service. Even Blizzard had this problem years 1-2, EA still has this problem, Riot games too. Even Mythic back in the day charged me $1600 dollars on accident. NCSoft has terrible customer support, Trion as well. Seriously what game company that hasn't been around 10+ years with millions/billions of dollars hasn't had bad support at one time or another. Spare us your bias please.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,085
    Rhoklaw said:
    Randomness comes to mind.

At any rate, I have agreed with you in the past that their CS is being done on the cheap. They obviously didn't hire enough temps to handle the initial onslaught.

It's just that you keep going on in thread after thread about. But hey, now that I know that you personally are affected, I understand your salt better.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,561
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

Giving my opinion for the word I chose does not make this a bait thread. Nice try though.
    Sure it just bypasses your validity, and shows that you weren't really interested in one word anyway. It's cool, whatever helps you justify your opinion.
    Does explaining my choice really affect my choice? No, it doesn't. Find someone else to pester with useless troll behavior.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 470
    Randomization

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

Giving my opinion for the word I chose does not make this a bait thread. Nice try though.
    Sure it just bypasses your validity, and shows that you weren't really interested in one word anyway. It's cool, whatever helps you justify your opinion.
    Does explaining my choice really affect my choice? No, it doesn't. Find someone else to pester with useless troll behavior.
    So you attempting to sway opinions negatively because you don't like RNG isn't troll behavior? Seems like you don't enjoy being called out on your BS.
    Iselin said:
    Rhoklaw said:

At any rate, I have agreed with you in the past that their CS is being done on the cheap. They obviously didn't hire enough temps to handle the initial onslaught.

It's just that you keep going on in thread after thread about. But hey, now that I know that you personally are affected, I understand your salt better.
    I created a thread specific to my distaste for the CSR department. I also created a thread for people to describe the game in one word. So with a whopping 2 threads, both of which are legitimately different, I'm repeating myself? I may have commented on CSR department in both threads, but ultimately, both threads offer a different subject.

edited April 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    Iselin said:
    Rhoklaw said:

I created a thread specific to my distaste for the CSR department. I also created a thread for people to describe the game in one word. So with a whopping 2 threads, both of which are legitimately different, I'm repeating myself? I may have commented on CSR department in both threads, but ultimately, both threads offer a different subject.
     If you had just left your title the way it was, and then said RNG, you might have a leg to stand on. However you went ahead and added a paragraph to your word, which becomes a discussion. If you didn't want people discussing your opinion, and calling out your BS you should have left it at one word.
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Iselin said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

Oh, I've stated several times what is wrong with BDO's customer service. The only reason I linked the thread I did is because it happened to be 1 of 1000's of threads that a GM actually responded to. If you bothered to even read some of the GM comments, they basically admit to being swamped / backlogged with tickets.

Sounds like poor company management / preparation to me. MMO's are not a new market. Most game companies should have a very good grasp on what is needed for a successful game, specifically the launch. BDO isn't a new MMO. It's been in Korea for almost 2 years. Basically DAUM came to NA / EU as if they had never launched a game before.

If you want specifics, how about the fact I've been waiting 10 days for my initial response as to why I can't use their cash shop. Sure, 10 days is nothing right? That is the longest I've had to wait for any response from a gaming company. There are people with the exact same problem as me that have been waiting for several weeks. Don't worry though, I used to promote ArcheAge back in the day too, until XLGames and Trion completely F'd that game up. I don't see DAUM / Pearl Abyss doing much better at this point.

RNG may have been multiple words, but the the fact it's an acronym makes it one word that represents the name of a function or entity. How would I describe the function of Random Number Generator in one word?
     Number one it was a new company, can you show me a current game juggernaut that has not over the years had their issues with slow customer service. Even Blizzard had this problem years 1-2, EA still has this problem, Riot games too. Even Mythic back in the day charged me $1600 dollars on accident. NCSoft has terrible customer support, Trion as well. Seriously what game company that hasn't been around 10+ years with millions/billions of dollars hasn't had bad support at one time or another. Spare us your bias please.
    I never said other companies never had issues. My point was, DAUM / Pearl Abyss have abysmal customer service. I'm sure we could all go on a rant about every company and how we've been treated by them. Aside from Funcom / XLGames and Trion, I haven't had this crappy of service in my 20+ years of online gaming.

Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

So you attempting to sway opinions negatively because you don't like RNG isn't troll behavior? Seems like you don't enjoy being called out on your BS.
    I'm not even sure what the hell you're talking about really. My thread specifically said, if you could choose 1 word to describe BDO, what would it be. The fact I explained my choice has zero relevance to anything you've stated. You created a straw man argument because you are a troll. That is what I see.

Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Iselin said:
    Rhoklaw said:

If you had just left your title the way it was, and then said RNG, you might have a leg to stand on. However you went ahead and added a paragraph to your word, which becomes a discussion. If you didn't want people discussing your opinion, and calling out your BS you should have left it at one word.
    Again, straw man argument. I never said you can't explain your word choice. You can still choose a word to describe BDO with or without an explanation. A word is still being chosen. Straw man arguments are strong with this one.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,085
    Rhoklaw said:
    Iselin said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Didn't you also make mention of their poor CS in your pet-eating boss thread? 

Whatever... it's enough that I've noticed it seems to be a thing with you.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
    Iselin said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Iselin said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Didn't you also make mention of their poor CS in your pet-eating boss thread? 

Whatever... it's enough that I've noticed it seems to be a thing with you.
    Actually, I pointed out specific bugs / latency issues related to that thread's topic. The fact I mentioned the customer service doesn't mean it was about that specifically. There's a difference between creating 3 threads that all talk about the same thing and 3 threads that all have the same issue being referenced.

Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Iselin said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

I never said other companies never had issues. My point was, DAUM / Pearl Abyss have abysmal customer service. I'm sure we could all go on a rant about every company and how we've been treated by them. Aside from Funcom / XLGames and Trion, I haven't had this crappy of service in my 20+ years of online gaming.
    That's great, well others have had worse experiences than a 10 day wait for a response, some people waited 3 months to get over $1k back from accidental overcharges on subscription service from EA/Mythic. Didn't stop me from playing DAoC. Same with your 10 day wait, it won't stop me from playing BDO. If you want a discussion we can have one, but don't try and disguise your opinions and bias around a "one word" post that was really a paragraph. I had to wait weeks for Square Enix to supply me with a working key for my collectors edition rewards, didn't stop me from playing FFXIV till something better came along. 

Arena Net bans people who talk about disconnection issues during events in their game. NCSoft allows rampant use of bot programs and allows players to purchase 3rd party. Blizzard still allows bots and gold buying, and only does 6 month suspensions for heavy users.

So far I've had zero problems with Daum, does that mean problems aren't there? No it doesn't, but there's problems I'm sure in games you play that don't bother you, because you haven't been personally affected. I'm not sensing you have a problem with those issues, only the fact that Daum hasn't gotten back to you in 10 days right? 

For the record maybe you need to word your email more specifically, I saw many posts from idiots on the forums that said they "couldn't use the cashshop" only to later learn they didn't understand you need to go the the black desert website to add currency to your account, it can't be done in game. Perhaps they assume you are just one of those people, and are hoping you figure it out on your own. Maybe you have a specific issue that you've worded vaguely which they don't realize. 
  • DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Grind
  • healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Elicits
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Iselin said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

That's great, well others have had worse experiences than a 10 day wait for a response, some people waited 3 months to get over $1k back from accidental overcharges on subscription service from EA/Mythic. Didn't stop me from playing DAoC. Same with your 10 day wait, it won't stop me from playing BDO. If you want a discussion we can have one, but don't try and disguise your opinions and bias around a "one word" post that was really a paragraph. I had to wait weeks for Square Enix to supply me with a working key for my collectors edition rewards, didn't stop me from playing FFXIV till something better came along. 

Arena Net bans people who talk about disconnection issues during events in their game. NCSoft allows rampant use of bot programs and allows players to purchase 3rd party. Blizzard still allows bots and gold buying, and only does 6 month suspensions for heavy users.

So far I've had zero problems with Daum, does that mean problems aren't there? No it doesn't, but there's problems I'm sure in games you play that don't bother you, because you haven't been personally affected. I'm not sensing you have a problem with those issues, only the fact that Daum hasn't gotten back to you in 10 days right? 

For the record maybe you need to word your email more specifically, I saw many posts from idiots on the forums that said they "couldn't use the cashshop" only to later learn they didn't understand you need to go the the black desert website to add currency to your account, it can't be done in game. Perhaps they assume you are just one of those people, and are hoping you figure it out on your own. Maybe you have a specific issue that you've worded vaguely which they don't realize. 
    Ok, let's take a look at your specific problem you encountered with EA/Mythic. You say you were overcharged $1000+ right? You do realize that a simple call to your bank or credit card with the right information would have solved that problem in less than a week. The fact you went through EA/Mythic and waited 3 months is your choice.

My specific problem can only be fixed by DAUM. It's not my bank or my card, it's DAUM. I can't call my bank or anyone else to make DAUM fix their cash shop. I have to wait for DAUM to fix it. Not to mention, I'm only 1 of 1000's with this same problem. Some of which have been waiting weeks. DAUM has said nothing, responded to no one. That alone is the worst type of customer service you can have... the silent kind. I don't care if you can't fix it. Get off your pride throne and say so. Sitting in complete silence for nearly a month just makes you look stupid, ignorant or unconcerned.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,953
    GOTY
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Controversial 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Iselin said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

Ok, let's take a look at your specific problem you encountered with EA/Mythic. You say you were overcharged $1000+ right? You do realize that a simple call to your bank or credit card with the right information would have solved that problem in less than a week. The fact you went through EA/Mythic and waited 3 months is your choice.

My specific problem can only be fixed by DAUM. It's not my bank or my card, it's DAUM. I can't call my bank or anyone else to make DAUM fix their cash shop. I have to wait for DAUM to fix it. Not to mention, I'm only 1 of 1000's with this same problem. Some of which have been waiting weeks. DAUM has said nothing, responded to no one. That alone is the worst type of customer service you can have... the silent kind. I don't care if you can't fix it. Get off your pride throne and say so. Sitting in complete silence for nearly a month just makes you look stupid, ignorant or unconcerned.
     What's stopping you from using the cash shop? Are you getting an error message on the website when you try to purchase Daum Cash? If so, you might be using a VPN, or ad-blocker that's conflicting with the website security. They added protection features to stop people from purchasing through VPN to avoid credit fraud. 
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Fun
    edited April 2016
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Iselin said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

What's stopping you from using the cash shop? Are you getting an error message on the website when you try to purchase Daum Cash? If so, you might be using a VPN, or ad-blocker that's conflicting with the website security. They added protection features to stop people from purchasing through VPN to avoid credit fraud. 
    Yes, I use AdBlocker Pro from google chrome. I'll turn that off and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Unfortunately, that's a no go. I'm pretty sure their finance department has inadvertently flagged innocent accounts as possible hacked accounts. Thanks for the advice though, because oddly enough, I did just start using that program because BDOFoundry is hot mess in regards to add popups. 

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,556
    Rhoklaw said:
    Yes, I use AdBlocker Pro from google chrome. I'll turn that off and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Unfortunately, that's a no go. I'm pretty sure their finance department has inadvertently flagged innocent accounts as possible hacked accounts. Thanks for the advice though, because oddly enough, I did just start using that program because BDOFoundry is hot mess in regards to add popups. 
    I use ABP and cash shop works just fine for me.

DMKano said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Yeah, it's just weird how random this issue is. Some people say to use paypal, which didn't work. Some say to close out the game and only use the website, which didn't work. Some say to use a different browser, which didn't work. I guess I could mail them a check, lol.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,556
    Rhoklaw said:
    DMKano said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Yeah, it's just weird how random this issue is. Some people say to use paypal, which didn't work. Some say to close out the game and only use the website, which didn't work. Some say to use a different browser, which didn't work. I guess I could mail them a check, lol.
    The root of the issue is that the billing company they have this outsourced to .. well sucks.

This is why western publishers have billing done locally to the region - US, EU would have completely separate billing systems - DAUM having no western presence didn't take time to establish proper ecommerce relationships with regional banks - and this is what happens.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - a major western publisher would have done billing 10x better.