Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could describe BDO in one word, what would you choose?

Comments

• BartrumBartrum Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Addictive

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 858
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

(would be interesting if people put if they have played it other than the 7 days trial or betas, and acutally owned it)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 715
    Pointless
  • TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Bountiful
    Involved
    Gorgeous
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 858
    Pointless
    This describes every action that mankind does except procreation because in the end we all turn into either soil or ashes

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,883
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

(would be interesting if people put if they have played it other than the 7 days trial or betas, and acutally owned it)
    well to be fair the OP asked to describe BDO in one word and some cant manage that , and now you expect people to post play time and ownership.......
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

well to be fair the OP asked to describe BDO in one word and some cant manage that , and now you expect people to post play time and ownership.......
     You mean besides the fact that it's an obvious bait thread since the op said "describe in one word", then continued to go on a tangent covering his own opinion?
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    Hipster-Friendly!  haha
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    innovative.

Volgore said:
    innovative.
         What has BDO done that is Innovative?

Scorchien said:
    Volgore said:
    innovative.
         What has BDO done that is Innovative?

Do you mean besides reversing the paradigm shift that was instanced world mmos galore? By showing that a Modern MMO can be done having one seamless game world, with no loading zones and still be good? It may be a modern take on something old, but that's what innovation is. 
    edited April 2016
    lmfao ... err  no laoding zones has already been done ... many times as far back as Asherons Call...  really weak attempt.. How do you reverse something that is ongoing in a multiple MMos already .... weaaaak sooo weakkk

think ill make a cheeseburger on charcoal grill and name it innovation
  • Dragonsfire9Dragonsfire9 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    engrossing
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,640
    Quazal.A said:
    Pointless
    This describes every action that mankind does except procreation because in the end we all turn into either soil or ashes
    This could lead into an interesting philosophical debate :)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,021
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

You mean besides the fact that it's an obvious bait thread since the op said "describe in one word", then continued to go on a tangent covering his own opinion?
    Not to mention that he derailed his own thread by using "Random Number Generator" as his one word lol.

But yeah, he seems to be obsessed with BDO customer service, although I don't think he's told us in any of his threads just what indignity he suffered at their hands... he's always pointing at threads of others having issues with them.

So OP, show us on the doll where that bad CS touched you.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,274
    Describing things in one word completely defeats the purpose language.  Cavemen described things in one word.  We should be describing them with beautifully wrought sentences.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,157
    H0urg1ass said:
    Describing things in one word completely defeats the purpose language.  Cavemen described things in one word.  We should be describing them with beautifully wrought sentences.
    Erm... Ugh Ugh

Nope I think they used two ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,588
    Prodigious

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,533
    Carebeartearsflow
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,560
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

Giving my opinion for the word I chose does not make this a bait thread. Nice try though.

edited April 2016
    Scorchien said:
    lmfao ... err  no laoding zones has already been done ... many times as far back as Asherons Call...  really weak attempt.. How do you reverse something that is ongoing in a multiple MMos already .... weaaaak sooo weakkk

think ill make a cheeseburger on charcoal grill and name it innovation
     Yes if you understand the word innovation, that's exactly what it means. Improving on, or bringing up to date a process or design. Doesn't matter if it's been done before, the games where it has been done before are all dead and gone. 

Edit: I'm not sure if you think things through before you post, but no obviously making a cheeseburger on a grill is not innovation. Now if you invent the next portable George Foreman grill that doesn't make things taste like ass, you might have an innovation on your hands. You see how this works?
    edited April 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

Giving my opinion for the word I chose does not make this a bait thread. Nice try though.
    Sure it just bypasses your validity, and shows that you weren't really interested in one word anyway. It's cool, whatever helps you justify your opinion.
  • PpiperPpiper Member RarePosts: 1,042
    lame
  • vierklauwvierklauw Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited April 2016
    Grindfest
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,560
    edited April 2016

Iselin said:
    Realizer said:
    Scorchien said:
    Quazal.A said:
    1 fun
    2 refreshing
    3 different

Not to mention that he derailed his own thread by using "Random Number Generator" as his one word lol.

But yeah, he seems to be obsessed with BDO customer service, although I don't think he's told us in any of his threads just what indignity he suffered at their hands... he's always pointing at threads of others having issues with them.

So OP, show us on the doll where that bad CS touched you.
    Oh, I've stated several times what is wrong with BDO's customer service. The only reason I linked the thread I did is because it happened to be 1 of 1000's of threads that a GM actually responded to. If you bothered to even read some of the GM comments, they basically admit to being swamped / backlogged with tickets.

Sounds like poor company management / preparation to me. MMO's are not a new market. Most game companies should have a very good grasp on what is needed for a successful game, specifically the launch. BDO isn't a new MMO. It's been in Korea for almost 2 years. Basically DAUM came to NA / EU as if they had never launched a game before.

If you want specifics, how about the fact I've been waiting 10 days for my initial response as to why I can't use their cash shop. Sure, 10 days is nothing right? That is the longest I've had to wait for any response from a gaming company. There are people with the exact same problem as me that have been waiting for several weeks. Don't worry though, I used to promote ArcheAge back in the day too, until XLGames and Trion completely F'd that game up. I don't see DAUM / Pearl Abyss doing much better at this point.

RNG may have been multiple words, but the the fact it's an acronym makes it one word that represents the name of a function or entity. How would I describe the function of Random Number Generator in one word?

EDIT: Also Iselin, you are far from new to this site and I'll cut you some slack. However, keep the stupid insults out my threads please.