Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bonus XP Weekend in BDO

LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
BDO is having a bonus XP weekend.  I am generally not the type to take advantage of bonus xp events as I feel they often cause me to out-level content which makes the game not as enjoyable.  But for those who are in a rush to the top and love to grind, this is a great opportunity.  Enjoy!

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/67439-bonus-exp-weekend/

Comments

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Screw that, I don't even want to lvl up in this game. Gonna have to fish I guess over the weekend. 
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Ramajama said:
    Screw that, I don't even want to lvl up in this game. Gonna have to fish I guess over the weekend. 

Same here.  If anything I would like to stop gaining XP lol
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Hopefully it's avoidable rather than compulsory as I am enjoying the beauty of the game and don't want to level any faster.  The game isn't about getting to the end it's about the journey.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    So instead of 4 hours to 50, you can do  it in two? (I know maybe an exaggeration) xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Kane72 said:
    Hopefully it's avoidable rather than compulsory as I am enjoying the beauty of the game and don't want to level any faster.  The game isn't about getting to the end it's about the journey.
    If you find a way to avoid it please let me know.  I want to play this weekend but sadly I'm going to be sitting it out unless I can find a way to play without gaining bonus xp.
    DMKano said:
    Great time to get those alts to 50+
    I have none.  Weird I know.
    DMKano said:
    Ramajama said:

Same here.  If anything I would like to stop gaining XP lol
    You can always park youself at delph castle at 44.999 and then when you are about to hit 45 spend 30min killing yourself to get back down to 44.000

Carebear 4 life ;)

Or join the rest of us and get PvP rolled in style 

I don't kill myself.  I would never do that.  

That said, you are making assumptions.  I never said I did not want stop gaining XP because i am trying to avoid PvP.  I just don't want to rush to the top.  I like playing the game and earning every bit of XP to the top as opposed to taking advantage of XP scrolls and bonus XP weekeds.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't mind PvP.  When I want to PvP I go and PvP where the big boys play and in games that do competitive PvP better.  Carebears are the supposed hardcore PvPers who get their jollies ganking PvEers in MMORPGs. 
    edited April 2016
    Maybe this move has a hidden meaning... let me explain:

Daum sees there's still a large amount of players which are 45+ yet. People like many here, who enjoy all the facets of the game. Including our very own @BillMurphy ;

They make the wrong diagnostic though... they think the leveling curve is still to steep. When it's the total opposite. People enjoy their PvE, crafting, fishing, exploring.
    To be fair, it is just a 10% XP bonus.  Although you may be right, I do think they felt they needed to give the community something back for all of the bugs, hickups, and mess ups experienced by their servers recently.  A 10% XP bonus is as benign a gift as it gets to try and garner some goodwill, and judging by the feedback on the BDO forums, it seems to have worked.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Maybe this move has a hidden meaning... let me explain:

Daum sees there's still a large amount of players which are 45+ yet. People like many here, who enjoy all the facets of the game. Including our very own @BillMurphy ;

They make the wrong diagnostic though... they think the leveling curve is still to steep. When it's the total opposite. People enjoy their PvE, crafting, fishing, exploring.
    To be fair, it is just a 10% XP bonus.  Although you may be right, I do think they felt they needed to give the community something back for all of the bugs, hickups, and mess ups experienced by their servers recently.  A 10% XP bonus is as benign a gift as it gets to try and garner some goodwill, and judging by the feedback on the BDO forums, it seems to have worked.
    The average MMO player generally goes nuts about bonus/double/whatever XP weekends, so they are always popular. I usually couldn't care less about them, but eh... I'm not too opposed to them either.

So for me it's going to be business as usual. I'm not going to go out of my way and powergrind or something. The only game where I've actually actively killed myself was City of Heroes, pre-Ouroboros. And that was my completionist OCD pushing me towards it, since out-leveling story arcs meant you couldn't do them anymore back during those days. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Kane72 said:
    Such a stupid and redundant comment. You leveling does not stop you from "enjoying the beauty of the game" and it doesn't make "the journey" any worse.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sephiroso said:
    Kane72 said:
    Such a stupid and redundant comment. You leveling does not stop you from "enjoying the beauty of the game" and it doesn't make "the journey" any worse.
    Did you even read his post before insulting and demeaning him?  Focusing on the part where he said he doesn't "want to level any faster" might have made a lot more sense than ignoring that part and sounding foolish.  There are a good many of us who feel the same way, and for good reason.
    Sephiroso said:
    Kane72 said:
    Did you even read his post before insulting and demeaning him?  Focusing on the part where he said he doesn't "want to level any faster" might have made a lot more sense than ignoring that part and sounding foolish.  There are a good many of us who feel the same way, and for good reason.
    Did you even read mine? His leveling faster would not make his enjoyment of the game any worse.

Sephiroso said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Kane72 said:
    Did you even read mine? His leveling faster would not make his enjoyment of the game any worse.
    No, but it would make the journey faster, and he wants it to last.

Does that really need further explanation?

Quit now.
    Sephiroso said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Kane72 said:

Quit now.
    The journey would last as long as he wants it to. His leveling faster has no impact on this.

Go back to school.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Game is dying!!

Sephiroso said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Kane72 said:

Quit now.
    The journey would last as long as he wants it to. His leveling faster has no impact on this.

Go back to school.

Hopeless case.  

Not worth the time.  

/smh
    Sephiroso said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Kane72 said:

Quit now.

Go back to school.

Hopeless case.  

Not worth the time.  

/smh
    Hey man, don't feel that way. A good teacher will always feel you're worth the time so long as you havent given up the will to learn. I believe in you, you just gotta believe in yourself.

Sephiroso said:

Hopeless case.  

Not worth the time.  

/smh
    Hey man, don't feel that way. A good teacher will always feel you're worth the time so long as you havent given up the will to learn. I believe in you, you just gotta believe in yourself.

The ignorance is strong with this one.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Sephiroso said:

Hopeless case.  

Not worth the time.  

/smh

The ignorance is strong with this one.
    Thanks my friend.
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I'd prefer a minus 10% bonus myself but it probably won't matter too much as I'll be doing non XP earning stuff as usual anyway.