Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Naval Action, new 1600's ship combat mmo.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
The game is listed as sandbox mmo.  Looks pretty good and has 82% positive reviews.  Description says massive open world.  Looking at the videos it appears to be carribean area.  Also looks like a mmorpg and not just mmo.
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Got a link, @filmoret? :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited April 2016
    http://www.navalaction.com/

Its still in alpha and steam early access well you know how it goes.  But looks like they got 40vs40 fleet combat and the likes.  Definately worth checking out if thats your cup of tea.  Crafting and capturing ships.
  • KirssikaKirssika Member CommonPosts: 4
    too expensive for me :< thats a shame though
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    I'm currently digging Elite Dangerous but this looks like it could be a nice alternative game for me.  Similar open gameplay  and it looks like they are going for realism, with the graphics and gameplay touches like the big ships and shallow waters aspect.   

Very intriguing and thanks for the tip Filmoret, I will be keeping an eye on it from now on.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    40vs 40 battles.. yes its mmo

lawl

another moba multy player game guys..

just a bigger world?
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    The description of the PvP servers looks a little too much like PotBS for my liking. Getting PvE minded players in their slow moving, lightly armed trading ships to sail in the same seas as PvP minded players in their heavily armed fast warships didn't work there and probably won't here.

PvE servers may have more hope. I read a review from a player who describes it as playing like Assassin's Creed Black Flag, which was one of my favourite games of the past few years. However, I notice the Steam reviews, which started off very favourable when the game was first released have become much more critical in recent months. I'm tempted but not sure.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited February 2017
    40vs 40 battles.. yes its mmo

lawl

another moba multy player game guys..

just a bigger world?
    Those battles are instanced but the world itself is open.  I'm not sure if all battles are instanced or not.